Questions that were on the Survey. Sunken face, shrunken jaw, Anogenital distance

Im 20 years post Accutane. Ive done alot of research and have hand alot of tests. Probably more than most.
I took the survey.
3 Questions really jumped out at me, if some could explain.

Sunken face(someone on acne.org said they had a collapsed sinus structure post tane)
shrunken jaw? (my dentist told me I had a weird jaw structure, maybe my jaw never fully developed. I was 15 when I took Accutane)
and the final one, distance from anus to scrotum? a sign of fertility? There was a drug induced change?

Thoughts?
Where did these questions come from?
Has there been some medical proof of these changes in some?
Thanks.

1 Like

@axolotl may be best able to answer this.

But, I believe he added the “shrunken jawline” and “reduced size of perineum” questions because they have been described by patients with this post-drug condition and are symptoms that are likely under the influence of androgenic effects.

https://forum.propeciahelp.com/search?q=facial%20in%3Atitle

https://forum.propeciahelp.com/t/reversibe-jaw-shrinkage/7759/10

2 Likes

As @Dubya_B said, the questions were selected on the basis of what we have come across in this forum over its many years of existence. The primary objective is to depict an accurate picture of the syndromes and find out how similar they are. Once we have enough data, we and potentially scientists can start drawing conclusions along the lines of the questions you are asking.

2 Likes

Thanks. I would think rapid changes in jaw structure would more so be something affecting the muscles. obviously muscles that you don’t work out at the gym. I have seen muscle function and bone building going hand and hand in some studies.

You’re welcome. I had a hard time believing in changes in bone structure too, but that was because I incorrectly thought bone structure was fixed/permanent in adulthood, with a possible exception of the widening of hips during pregnancy.

There are specialized cells, osteoclasts and osteoblasts, that constantly recycle/remodel bone. If this system is affected by PAS/PFS, then it could easily explain these unbelievable changes.