Extra Virgin Olive oil
Apple cider vinegar
Macadamias
inulin (a dietary fiber)
Coffee
salt
Stevia (a natural 0 carbs sweetener)

Sometime I change the beef for chicken or pork, or japanese mackerel

Once in a while (every 3-5 days), when I feel I need carbs, I will have a single cracker with macadamia butter and the most natural rasberry jam I could find. Or I would make oatmeal with 30 gr of dry oatmeal.

I found that if I’m having carbs, I don’t sleep as well. But if I do just a little, I feel better overall in the day time.

Note: Olive oil, apple cider vinegar and inulin are new addition, less than a week old. I may have to remove them.

1 Like

I am drinking 1tsp apple cider vinegar with water every morning it does help for me. Thanks for the list man :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I read that carbs improve DHT levels

DHT Manual
http://bit.ly/2oRUWUA

I think this will depend on if your problems are hormonal or if another mechanism is affecting, I know if I can get my T levels to around 450 my wood is good… but right now my levels have lowered a bit after being on TRT.

1 Like

How is it we react so bad to supplements.
People says they “crash” on supplement, but probably by crash taking a supplement (not finasteride) they actually mean DRUG HYPERSENSIBILITY.

Did you notice a difference using slow introduction of a supplement?
How many times per week you begin to take them? Twice a week? each other day?

I start with a low dose everyday and increase the dose. If at some point I increasingly feel bad, I stop the supplement. Or I would stop when I start feeling bad. It’s best to do it one supplement at a time so as to know which one does bad.

Many supplements won’t make a noticeable difference, some do in a few days.

IMO, some people actually crash as in having the same epigenetic changes as they had in their initial crash being accentuated but the supplement. If the body reacted to too much androgen and silenced the AR (an epigenetic change) then maybe taking phytoandrogens would silence further the AR or at least put the hormones in disarray…
In my case, it was the phytoestrogen in soy that made me react badly.

Which percentage of the supplements you tried were you able to tolerate?
How many of the total approach had to be discarted due intolerance?

3 pillars of recovery:

1.Reduce Inflammation and immune system (no gluten, fasting low carb, certain supplements)

1. pro androgens (exercise, herbs, steroids)

2. Anti androgens (herbs/supplements) sparingly

Putting that together and performing it with low stress, etc. is easier said than done, but just about every recovery thread follows those three things

1 Like

I’d say I kept taking a third of what I tried. Half had adverse effects and the rest did nothing.

I agree with you.

Time is also an important element. To quote an article on pfs: "The pharmacokinetics of finasteride and dutasteride are as such that they are nearly irreversible inhibitor of 5α-Rs, with slow rate of dissociation, leading to a long-lasting effect of the drug, regardless of dose administered. "

I compiled some success stories on a thread (with same name) and time was always a factor. It seems to me to take 4-6 years, if combined with diets like carbs restriction, exercise and herbs. In my opinion, fasting occasionally or intermittent fasting on a daily basis help as it increases autophagy and epigenetic repairs. The idea being to destroy and replace those damaged ARs and 5a-Rs with new undamaged ones. It’s only a theory but I’m doing it nonetheless, if only to feel like I’m actively doing something.

About stress, there’s a lot to say. Many if not most of us are deficient in 5a-THDOC and Allopregnanolone for lack of 3a-HSD and/or 5ar so it’s hard for us to decrease stress. It’s like driving a car with a gas pedal but no brakes. It can only go faster.
I found that doing my daily shores with no expectations on the outcome really helps reduce stress. Actually, not having expectations at all: live or die, hurt or not, succeed or fail: all the same. This way I don’t build stress to begin with and I meditate at night into accepting whatever life brings me, while at the same time putting my attention on the pituitary gland and remembering the feeling of ecstatic joy and reliving it by memory. Maybe we can voluntarily do something the body won’t do automatically ? So far so good. I can feel intense joy in meditation and my stress level goes down. Placebo effect ? Maybe but I truly don’t care.

2 Likes