Progesterone - strong erections but 0 libido

I think we need to have a more clear understanding of the mechanisms behind rectally administering Progesterone.

I was listening to a lecture & reading some things by Will Powers. It sounds like he goes the rectal route due to the efficacty of absorption. But he’s giving it to MtF trans to help their transitions (to aid in breast development & modulating hormone levels in the body without using T blockers).

He also says he administers a bio-available version of progesterone, if I recall correctly, which he says doesn’t pose the negative side-effects & cancer risks of the pharmaceutical version. However, I only caught this in passing in a lecture.

Doomed’s theory is interesting. I have seen Progesterone used in women to balance Estrogen levels. The problem is I wish we could correlate our attempts with some lab work.

Xorack, have you checked your T, DHT, Estrogen, E2 levels before & after trying Progesterone? How about you doomed80?

No
I stopped Progesterone yesterday and I don’t think I’m going to try anytime soon. It’s not the cure … we need something that can edit our genes the way they were before taking Finasteride/Dutasteride/Lupron/… and we will wait a very long time.

I’d surmise that would be a double down. Depends on your basal hormonal profile.

Never touched P4 before so can’t tell. However, I’ve had LH, FSH, T, E2, Cortisol, DHEA-s, TSH, ft4, ft3, Prolactin, SHBG all measured numerous times with E2 and DHEA being my outliers (borderline low). Cortisol being high(ish) indicates that most of Preg is going P4 pathway (see flowchart below). This leads me to believe exogenous P4 isn’t ideal in my case. I’m on oral DHEA with decent results.
@inbrugge

dhea-steroid-hormone-pathway

1 Like

Who tried beside me ?
DrWillPowers said he cured some PFS patients with that. I don’t believe him at all but maybe I’m paranoid. You need to have normal testosterone level and to take in the butt Progesterone (200mg I suppose) and Pregnenolone orally.
I will soon try again, because I’m desperate and cannot tolerate the pain, I need to do something… but with Pregnenolone and 600mg everyday, for 6 months.

1 Like

He’s full of crap in my opinion if he was so confident in being able to cure this he would have contacted the PFS foundation by now. Did your baseline get worse after using progesterone?

1 Like

It was yo-yo … but 1 month after I stopped I crashed terribly (lot of pain - scalp, eyes, pelvic, bladder, …). So I want to try again, and because I don’t know what to try else.

If you are desperate enough to try anything. Just saying, you could try high dose Proviron protocol or HCG+ Clomid combo. That would be a better option i think.

I tried clomid+hcg. Not proviron (could’n get it online, pb with customs). Didn’t work. It was even worse.