PLEASE HELP ME! Testicles shrinking dramatically, low ejaculate, doctors have given up on me!

Deuce, maybe you haven’t crashed, maybe you are just having an adverse reaction to coming off the drug that may resolve in time. I’m only saying that because you talk mostly about your testicles and then later you began notice sleepiness and fatigue.

When i crashed it was my balls AND MY PENIS that shrunk within seconds as if they were going to go inside my body. At the point and over the the rest of the night, i had the ‘draining feeling’ and felt like a zombie, couldn’t sleep, kept pissing. The next day you are still a zombie, disconnection between genitals and brain, no sensitivity down there, with extreme fatigue, slow cognitive function, shrunken genitals (that either droop or are tight to body). In time you get weight gain, insomnia and depression. Erections are rare and weak. What i am saying is i got everything at once including one’s that you haven’t mentioned - is this a similar experience for you or not? Or have you seen a gradual appearance and worsening of your symptoms?

Keepup and Scaredtodeath, how long after crashing did you take tamoxifen?

Labrea never recovered. He just got his T level up viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2505&p=35958#p35958
if you think by taking your T level up you will be cured then Awor and Whalen72 should never be here. They were on TRT any way before starting Fin.
Please search this forum for clomid. here many users have tried it and some regret using it very much.It gave them eye problems mainly floarters.
if our body is not creating T it is doing for some reason, there is nothing wrong with our balls. you can verify it by taking external T. you will not get any benefit, maybe will get manboobs or chest fat. I have been on TRT for 10 weeks. Contact Vincent here. he has stopped TRT. To-Robin also used TRT for many months he stopped too.
our problem is not T related, that just by doing little plumbing in balls, water (T) will start flowing again.
you can try vitamin D. for some people including me it gave good results. I got my balls better and T up and chest flat. It is not as bad as it was before. But again it is a good band aid not the solution.

10 months before I tried nolva/tamox

SP. - I just referenced Labrea and Dury as they were being banded about as recovery stories when they had used Clomid early after crashing or acquiring symptoms. They were the only hopeful recovery stories to go on. Like i say, i was dubious about how accurate or relevant these stories were. I still am as i have no experience with using Clomid nor do i wish to use it. It works completely different to Tamoxifen, i think. Tamoxifen acts on the estrogen receptors i believe and blocks off estrogenic effects in the body. It is that part which i believe may have induced my recovery, not the fact that it also increases testosterone as well. I am not for any minute suggesting increasing testosterone can cure anyone. I am suggesting that by blocking off estrogenic effects in my body, my body somehow started responding to androgens again as was the case pre-crash - as if my androgen receptors had become re-activated.

STD. - I took tamoxifen 3 months after crashing, the difference in the length of time you take it post-crash, is what i am suggesting may be a pivotal point. The longer you wait, it may be that the body or the receptors become accustomed to the new hormone levels or to the extent the receptors activated. Tamoxifen has no use for me now, i’ve tried experimenting with it, but it properly makes me feel worse as it is such a strong drug, strong enough to prevent breast cancer.

It is reasonable to suggest that all our problems are a result of our androgens or receptors not working properly or having become de-activated. This is basically the same thing as Awor is suggesting i think, where we have a silenced AR signal.

Just to clarify the differences on clomid, tamoxifen and SERMs, i’ll attempt a simplified explanation of their mechanisms of action as i’ve read up a little bit more on them. Both clomid and tamoxifen are SERMs. Both bind competitively to estrogen receptor sites, thus blocking estrogen effects in the body. Clomid has been shown to work on receptor sites in limited areas of the body, mainly on the hypothalamus and pituitary where as tamoxifen and other SERM’s work on sites in multiple tissue areas of the body (nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc030651). Both substances also increase gonadotrophin’s (LH and FSH) which increases testosterone production.

I’m going to try and experiment with different SERMs as they all work differently in terms of their agonistic and antagonistic properties in different tissues of the body. This would be more relevant for long term sufferers.

Deuce, i can only recommend Tamoxifen based on the experience i had. Whatever the mechanism of action, the results were plain to see and that is all that should really matter in my eyes. So if you believe you have crashed, i’ll leave it with you in terms of this being a possible treatment option.

Tamoxifen might be an option. Where did you read about it as possible treatment?

Guys, my testicles are continuing to shrink. My ejaculate gets lesser and lesser in volume. As does my libido.

Something is killing my testicles off. Is there anything else that can be done or recommended? This is unbelievable, I can’t believe this is happening to me.

At this rate I will have no testicles.

Tamoxifen is used to treat gynecomastia, a common side effect of propecia:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3526085

Some forum members have reported benefits with taking tamoxifen, e.g.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5594

Get your fertility checked bro…

I don’t mean to be insensitive but I really don’t get how this can be your worst side effect -besides mental.
Like any man I would like big balls but they seem quite insignificant in the larger scheme of things. Id trade my balls for sensation in my penis, the ability to get an erection, libido, or to have the pain in my perineum go away any day. I wouldnt loose a single nights sleep over it.
Not discounting others pain, I just really don’t get it.

Unfortunately, as my testicles have shrunk my other conditions have gotten worse. The smaller my testicles get, the less ejaculate and libido I have.

Now even worse than my sex drive and testicles going away is my sleepiness and fatigue.

I am sleepy 24/7 and am now entering a “fog” like state. My eyes do not focus as well and it takes a bit longer to lock onto something. My eyes literally want to “space out” 24/7 now. It takes effort just to keep them in focus. I am so sleepy and fatigued it is almost impossible to make it through the day.

This is all AFTER getting off this rat poison. Muscle twitches are getting worse. My body is just straight up wrecked, I am f#$%#@ it seems.

I’m not depressed and still have my mental clarity. I just am in a haze and sleepy all damn day. I have accepted the fact my testicles are wrecked as is my sex drive. Being in a fog and VERY sleepy 24/7 is unacceptable. I cannot function at work or or do ANYTHING I used to without severe effort and just fighting through the sleepiness and fatigue.

Before getting off this stuff I was energetic and have a Director role at a company. I can’t even function at work. Doctors have no idea what is wrong. This stuff has ruined me.

But I will say I’d rather be alive than dead, so I will keep fighting.

1 Like

Simply because my fertility is jacked up cuz of the testicles being shrunk. I would like to have children one day.

1 Like

if this is your concern then count yourself very lucky. I am to the point whrere can not walk or stand. Few weeks I was feeling better but again to square one. If I walk or stand more than an hour then swelling sets under my feet and this causes a lot of pain. there are other issues like shaking, nausea and eye problems.

Sp, I didn’t know we were competing for the title of “most messed up from 5AR inhibitors”. I never said I was the worst off in this board. I have clearly stated all my major side effects… I am however not nearly as “lightly” effected as some people here

Old topic sorry for the bump but im having similar problems just wondering if found the fix for these problems?

Will I be first propecia user to lose my testicles? They continue to shrink every day since quitting and they are literally going away. They will be gone within 6 months. This is no joke.

Now my body is twitching bad and my vision is F####d! My eyes are slow to focus and now I am going to need glasses. I had better than 20/20 before I quit propecia a few months ago. I have no energy and my eyes hurt because they won’t stay in _focus. Sleepy all day. My short term memory is awful now. I have to write EVERYTHING down now.

Can you imagine how horrible things must be caused by your testicles continuing to shrink and shrink and shrink. I had bigger nuts when I was 10. Can barely get a weak erection with almost nothing coming out.

I get one life on this earth and this is how it is going to play out. I’m a positive guy but I feel sick and tired everyday. My life has been sucked out of me. I am a shell of my self before I quit propecia. My body crashed and it isn’t coming back.

I am so screwed I just can’t believe it man. This is so sad I don’t even know what to say.

I’ve been to 3 different urologists and they have no idea what is wrong. I don’t blame them. By reading around here it seems nobody really knows what is going on.

I guess I get to look forward to no more sex, energy, or zest for life. I feel like a sick, tired, castrated zombie everyday. I’d still rather be alive but I am getting worse. My body is wrecked. Can’t believe it. Sometimes I wake up hoping it was just a nightmare. But it is my sad reality.

Sorry to hear you are in a very rough stage. I know exactly how you are feeling, as I have been there as well, along with many of us.

I felt especially awful in the first several months, which you seem to be going through as well. I must say though, this will become much easier to deal with. In the beginning months of my crash, I got weaker and weaker and had such heavy brain fog, I was bedridden and could barely stand to move, which is a tough state to be in when you have horrible insomnia from the finasteride to begin with. Still, it seems most everyone here is able to make some progress in terms of managing their everyday existence, myself included. Unfortunately, there are some who are not so fortunate, but that does seem to be only the most extreme cases. It stands to reason you will make progress with each passing day, so long as you treat your body well.

Some others have mentioned a few things that have improved their situation, such as: vitamin d, vitamin b3, eating a clean and fresh diet consisting of vegetables are protein etc., but avoiding all of the sugar and crap. I also tried a nice fish oil and it did help my cognition, I feel. I do love apple cidar vinegar as well, and it seems to have improved my sleep in small doses. I eat light meals and feel better when I do, and a nice, light walk can be helpful. If you want to try something a bit unique for digestion, you can go to whole foods and buy some wormwood and black walnut, and drink small morning cocktails. There are lots of things you can try really, and I am sure others who have more experience will have useful advice for you as well.

This has post finasteride crash has been something so awful, I never could have imagined, and I am sure we can all relate. Still, we fight on. Our cause is moving forward all the time. We have Lawyers going after Merck and their CEO Kenneth “Darth” Frazier, we have some solid media awareness thanks to Second Ammendment, Broken Pecker, and Domino, just to name a few, and we have a nice handful of medical professionals becoming more involved with advancing our cause of finding the precise root cause of why we have persistent damage from finasteride, as well as an effective way to treat our many issues. I am sure you have seen, but the PFS Foundation has some updates about upcoming projects, and they are now accepting donations. Also, AWOR and his team continue to work their asses off researching our issues. So, clearly, if we are all going to go down from this syndrome, we are going to go down swinging.

Look, I know this is one of the most bizarre and crummy states we could possibly be in, but there is hope. The potential reward is so amazing, I can practically taste it, but we are not there yet. We have to stick together, and stay organized!, and if we do, we have a fighting chance. Hang in there man. We are all here for you. Perhaps you could try having a small amount of MACA to see if it slowly helps your situation, maybe once a week. Just be careful, take it easy, do not panic, and make sure you rest your body. Resting your body is crucial. Take care of yourself.

If you are suffering as bad as you say and I am certain you are. The most important thing you can do to help us right now is by making as much of a shit storm out of your condition as you can publically. Public and media awareness is what is really turning up the heat on Merck at this point and bringing more interested scientists and doctors into the fold. The more people out there “burning up” Merck and their poison drug the better… more so especially if it has totally ruined your quality of life.

Please start Vitamin D3 and vitamin B1. It really helps to slow down testicular shrinkage. Just like you I used to have very big balls but now they are 60% of the original size. if you don’t stop now you will loose them.
what is your estrogen and prolactine level?
Are you in Ottawa, Canada?

My heart goes out to you. But the saddest part is, your story is becoming more and more of the norm.

Thousands – if not hundreds of thousands – of men the word over are suffering similar fates.

For this, they have only one man to thank:

Merck CEO Darth Frazier.

I agree about Kenneth Frazier. Merck changed the label in Europe in 2009, but kept things a secret in the USA until only very recently. I used the drug in very late 2010, and had the label change not been kept a secret here in the USA, I would have never touched the poison. Sadly, Kenneth Frazier and Merck chose to keep the awful finasteride side effects a secret for as long as possible, all in the name of profit. But rest assured, Kenneth Frazier will answer to us when all is said and done. If we are going down, we are going down with a vicious fight, and we will have justice.