Phase III and IV coming from Melcangi/Fundraiser

I didn’t even get sexual side effects…But mental sides of crushing anguish and loss of physical abilities with un controllable thoughts of self harm and sickness…

Ok, I admit this might be a good argument against what I said. Didn’t you ever have any sexual side effects?

My libido lowered on the drug without me really being aware of it until after stopping then it started increasing…But a whole bunch of other stuff started changing on my body and mind the following months after stopping…Unreal changes, physical and mental…

1 Like

Well, androgens and hormones in general are responsible for a lot of thing in the body. Change in sexual function and change in hormones go hand in hand.

I think the causation between Finasteride and sexual dysfunction is already assumed in most of his papers. There would be no reason to waste time and resource observing rat studies in this context since human experience as well as several other professional opinions have already provided this as fact.

2 Likes

Finasteride and sexual dysfunction yes but finasteride and PFS (post withdrawal) not so much.

1 Like

No it isn’t. My depression, anxiety, etc. are independent of the sexual side effects. There are times where I’m mentally good but sexually not and vice versa.

4 Likes

Phase 4 looks bomb, excited

2 Likes

Alot of guys have been hit by the persistent sexual sides personally I think that these guys have been the most vocal of all and done more than any in creating awareness of the dangers of finasteride.
It’s very easy to understand how a guy can fall into deep depression if he suffers a multitude of sexual issues as these physical problems can manifest mentally.

All that really matters is that we have professional people looking into the situation

4 Likes

Exactly, I have this too.

why is he looking at gut microbes omg
this is sad… :confused:

why is anyone praying on this study i can’t get u guys sry…

1 Like

That’s only one part he’s looked at and is looking at a lot of things

2 Likes

I have yet again edited my original post to reflect my updated and more researched opinion on the matter.

Good to see you can handle other opinions quite well.

Was a student* … and will be again within a year. I will gladly PM you pictures of my loan statements, how long Ive been with my companies which… aren’t merck lol, and my diploma which says May 2018.

I’m also not putting forth my hard earned money into Melcangi’s goose chase. I’ve also recently just purchased a 23andme kit and submitted my data and help where I can.

Your words are brash and irrational. I won’t continue to respond but feel free to PM me if you’d like to continue to make outrageous comments or request what I specified above.

In defense of gents, there are other lines of PFS research which may soon be open to funding.

1 Like

Which I am also aware of, and have made my family and extended family aware of my condition and will be able to take donations from them as well for those opportunities.

1 Like

Can you elaborate any further about the other lines of research. I’m in touch with the foundation and do not know about this. Perhaps after Baylor is released but that could be the end of 2019 and beyond.

1 Like

I was referring to Baylor but haven’t heard news of a next-phase, following the upcoming publication, being in the works.

2 Likes

I’ve deleted a couple of my posts as they may have been written in anger. I won’t revoke everything I’ve said as I think it’s so easy to tear things down rather than build and contribute and I still remain passionate about the research that Melcangi is pursuing in the hope that one day there may be a treatment for pfs patients. However I shall make no further comment on this topic, and any other topic in the immediate future.

1 Like