PET scan

Has anyone here had a PET scan? Since a problem has been found with neurosteroids, and the possible dys-regulation of dopamine, serotonin, GABA, etc. it’d be interesting to know if anyone here had a PET scan and what the results show. There was a study conducted that showed that Accutane users showed brain abnormalities via a PET scan. Also, chemo brain has recently (finally) been recognized by the medical community and those studies were conducted using PET scans.

1 Like

Somebody needs to get one of these done. How much does this sort of this normally run for?

Scary as hell they can authorize such easy use of a drug that can alter brain physiology

thanks dgreene. I wast going to start the same thread after seeing pet scans of accutane, cigarette, alcohol users.

I posted the study abstract and more information about PET scan diagnostics for Chemo induced cognitive problems here:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7435

I’m getting a SPECT scan on Monday, I already had 2 MRI, EEG, shit load of blood tests, spinal tap (elevated proteins). I suffer from possibly the worst brain fog on this site, so something should show up on the spect scan. I only took prophecia for 2 weeks but also used castor oil on my hair for a year.
I will respond when I get the results, my moms a neuro so I should hear about it soon after.

1 Like

SPECT scan was good. Results were Brain blood flow and metabolism unremarkable

1 Like