Persistent Sexual Side Effects of Finasteride: Could They Be Permanent?

I would say judging from what we see here on this website its 1000 is not a overestimate. We know that very few people with long term sides ever recover… Many do not come back to this site after they post here a couple times. I do not think these people actually fully recover but maybe just recover to acceptable level for themselves and decide to move on. We know there are now thousands of people involved in the mass tort lawsuit in the US alone. Every few days a new person joins who has been a long term lurker but didnt want to post before out of Embarassment… I’d say 1000 is probably a considerable underestimate for those reasons. World wide there could be tens of thousands effected and some may not even realize the cause.

Here is what it says from the paper:

Rather than make assumptions about what is stated in the paper, download a copy so you can read it.

I dont want to trigger another discussion on the numbers affected (already a thread on this viewtopic.php?f=29&t=6439). But an accurate figure of side effects is important because, for example, if the side effects are very rare this will help determine the root cause.

So it would also have been good if he had mentioned that sides could be very rare. Instead Dr Irwig is himself making some assumptions on the amount effected (Take a number, half that number, then multiply until the desired result is reached).

Well I don’t necessarily think it’s all neurological problem because i may be a rare-case.

My body reacted very quickly to propecia. Within the day my balls ached and after having sex i shrillived up. within 2 days i had all the side effects.
So i’m guessing it’s a hormonal pathway issue. Some may not agree.

My question is why am i still shrinking >_> it changes all the time.

If someone said yes, what then?

I’d probably neck myself.

So you’d kill yourself cuz some guy on the internet who isn’t a doctor or scientist told you it was permanent?

I’ve already told you A1 alpha blockers fix the shrinkage… I’ve said this like 20 times. Moonman and I both had our shrinkage reversed when taking alpha blockers. It comes back when they wear off but this proves its not permanent and just caused by the fucked up state of our bodies.

No if i found out it was permanant not saying that i would cause you said it pecker come on, 9 out of 10 of us only have degree’s in wikipedia.

"Flaccid penis size is controlled by the free testosterone levels available in the blood. DHT (a hormone that give us all things male) has a large degree of control over the penile tissues (the elasticness of them for example). The testosterone to estrogens ratio controls how hard your erections get if this got knocked out due to lack of test for example then getting erections will be tough and your flaccid penis will hang alot smaller and lifeless at times.

What controls strength of erections testosterone to estrogens ratio?

Lack Morning wood? Excess estrogens or low testosterone

“Imagine the flaccid penis like a balloon. When there isn’t enough testosterone in the blood to support it “shrinks up”. You guy’s need to be aware that unless you live with for like 4/5 years the penis doesn’t actually shrink and lose tissue (it’s already developed muscular tissue) but shrinks up into itself.”

“You will get your penis size and erection ability back when you get your hormones back in order”

“Low testosterone can lead to high estrogens which in turn can cause prostate rated problems (prostastis is an example)”

Guess your right pecker :slight_smile:

Mine is in international politics and business, gradute degree in criminal justice

Not true, pop a Letrozole and your free testosterone will go through the roof but your dick isn’t gonna grow. Samething with DHT AFTER puberty… during puberty DHT will make your dick grow.

Cortisol/testosterone ratio has a lot to do with morning erections.

Nah mine was messed up for awhile… pop a minipress and he’s like he was long before the propecia.

Can’t do this till we figure out what finasteride did to us.

I was talking scientific degree’s. I’m a Technical Engineer.

Strange how mini press does that? Though I did have increased strength on erection with xyrem so who friggin know’s.

You have used xyrem??? Sounds like bullsh*t.

Also, try to stay on topic.

Nothing is permanent, just its not known how to fix. Who knows 10 years down the line we may be able to buy a new penis on the NHS.

In terms of my sides:
My libido on occasions improves so this is not permanent
My depression I have good days and bad (mainly bad) but still is changes so this is not permanent
My fatigued improves with sun so this is not permanent
My sleep a few times a month is good so this is not permanent

The only side for me that is permanent is the numbness. This has just continued to worse no matter how I feel. This I believe is nerve damage and will not fix unless advanced science can help – stem cell of nano science maybe.
Personally anyone who doesn’t have numbness should be happy. It is so difficult to constantly feel this void and it’s that reason I tried to kill myself a few months back. I am glad my wife found me in time and now I have accepted a life of no sex and I am working on ways to deal with the depression.

People do make temporary recoveries and see short lived improvements so there is a small amount of hope. I admit this has ruined my life for sure and I am very angry with Merck and the FDA. But greed and evil exists in our world ad we are victims of this. I guess we have to keep going.

Xyrem really helps with libido

Good on you mate my girlfriend is also very accepting. I really
Hope you recover

1 Like

I meant the idea that you have used Xyrem is obviously a lie. It is a stricly controlled prescription drug used for narcolepsy.

Stay on topic and dont post bullsh*t.

It is on topic. I wrote this thread. Pecker was highlighting that it’s not it’s an open discusssion

Lies about Xyrem are not on topic.

Or do you seriously expect us to believe you where Prescribed Xyrem (and then acquired it at a cost of thousands and thousands of dollars) a couple of weeks after stopping finasteride because of ‘anxiety’ (without trying any more standard medication) and all before even visiting an endocrinologist?

Only one thing Oscar. It’s not thousands of dollars, about $250 for a few weeks supply.

You dont know what your talking about. Xyrem can be thousands of US dollars for a single months supply - it is well known for being very expensive ( see; cbsnews.com/8301-505123_162-42846395/how-a-sleeping-drug-company-increased-prices-300-without-anyone-noticing/ )

Do some reasearch, then consider if a doctor treating a 21yo for ‘anxiety’ would prescribe something so extremely expensive in the first instance and off-label (its a drug for narcolepsy) - given all the hundreds of other cheaper and on-label drugs available. All of which happened just two weeks after ‘propeciashiz’ stopped Finasteride and just a week before his first endocrinologist appt?

I did some research Oscar, stop being such a dick I wasn’t attacking you. For me it was only going to cost $250 for nearly a months supply. I do have medical insurance. Maybe someone without insurance would have to pay more.

But I wasn’t able to convince my doc to give it to me.