Persistent Brain fog and anxiety

In case you drop by again, I wouldn’t mind hearing what your experience of brain fog is actually like; for me, it has mainly been around minor short term memory fuzziness and vague problems with vision – my feeling of actually losing my sense of self was very brief, dissipating basically as soon as I stopped the drug.

Best of luck with the recovery though. You seem like a very promising case.

Brain fog for me includes:

1. Issue with problem solving and processing new information.
  2. No sense of identity.
  3. Compromised vision i.e. i see everything blurred, my peripheral vision seems to have lessen, and I see a distortion when i see street lights or other Light emitting objects for example a display with graphic advertisement. ( this is very hard to explain)
  4. It stays on and off. For what I have noticed past one year is, it stays stable for 2-3days (still not gone) which allows me to perform some tasks. But, then every now and then it gets really bad, like suicidal bad, It gets very hard to go through my day, and feels very permanent. (today is that day lol). On this day I feel a little out of balance too, and my head feels very heavy, and my gut feels upset (gastrointestinal issue related symptoms)

Apart from this, I thankfully dont have any sexual side effects. I still get very horny and thankfully find me fantasising as well. My body feels very healthy (except my gut on the bad day), there has been no weight gain/loss. I am able to sleep as well.

I have a strong feeling I am inching closer to a full recovery and getting really impatient. I am getting my sense of identity back, I am able to recognise my self looking in the mirror, I am able to conceptualize how I was before side-effects struck me. On my good days my problem solving abilities has improved, I am able to do big calculations in my head like I used to do before, my curiosity is gradually coming back. I remember How I felt a year ago when my side-effects peaked, and I can clearly differentiate the progress I have made, and it is only logical to assume I will get better every passing day.

1 Like

Mee too from India and I am also getting better not 100 percent but at least 80 my main symptoms persist is too much dream in sleep

As I am getting better, I am freaking out more.
The better I get, the more I realize the magnitude of shit I was/and still am in.
The better I get, the more I am reminded of how I felt before taking the medication, the little things I cherished, the dreams and aspirations I had, the talents I possessed. And it was all taken away from me. Even the most minutest happiness a man can have, it was taken away. While the world moves on. Instead of getting even an ounce of empathy, we’re shamed.

I am sick and tired of being grateful for how it could have been worse, how I am getting better naturally, while a lot of people don’t. It was not supposed to happen this way. While the drug is still being prescribed to people like it’s safer than candies.

2 Likes

It feels so good. I am 13 months and 9 days off of Finasteride. And it’s such a bittersweet feeling to feel so better. Just wanted to share my joy. I just want to talk to someone about this, but I dont think anyone who has not been through this will ever understand.

P.S. : Still not fully recovered though.

1 Like

Have you improved a little since you first posted here in July, or are things still staying at a plateau for you? And out of interest, did you ever have any sexual or other physical side effects at all?

Anyway, best of luck in the future.

do you still have any problems with getting a full and rock hard erection?

Yes, I have improved manifold since July. I am at a point where I am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Although, still not 100% recovered, I don’t have to sit in the room now and wait to get better.

I never had ED even in my darkest days a year back. My erections were 100% good even on my worst day. My libido was fine too. My orgasm didn’t feel as pleasurable but I had extreme brainfog. I was basically brain dead, so the orgasm not being pleasurable is understandable. As my brainfog lifted my orgasm got better too. I do feel like I have “deathgrip” like symptoms, because I was anxiously and Repeatedly testing my penis a year ago.

Thanks for replying.

2 Likes

I never had problems with erections.

1 Like

Hey anand … i was in the same condition like u one year before… after taking multiple types of antidepressent i lost all hope of getting my old days back… one day my psychatrist suggested me levomil-20 which improved my cognitive power significantly… n tryptomer 5 mg in night before sleep to get over my insomnia… i increased my physical exercise time… taking high protein foods in diet … n after Just 3 month i got recovered upto 80 percent…one last suggestion nicotin , caffeine and alcohol should be strictly avoided… hope these suggestions will help you

1 Like