Penile numbness has anyone recovered?

Mine stopped once I got off the pill

Didn’t take anything to recover but after 1 week I was back to normal

2 Likes

As an experienced galactorrhea induced by finasteride, I think fina has destroyed my pleasure compensation route and dopamine route.

1 Like

I want to agree with you but I can still get thrill and pleasure reward feelings from other activities such as gambling or video games

2 Likes

Your point is valid. But it is also true that we are insensitive to sexual pleasures. Now I just assume that there is a local route to control sexual pleasure.

This is exactly the case with me too. So it sounds really bad that this isnt fixable. This maybe the worst symptom in my opinion. If I have to name two worst symptoms it would be this and gut. If those would be better in some degree I could live my life somehow. But with these symptom, every day is a struggle and torture. From the first second when you open your eyes it starts. Survival all the time. And it seems that this is the case for the rest of my life. Allthough as I mentioned, after cessation of letrozol that sensitivity and desire for sex restored for one day. So basicly the mechanism is there somewhere but the homeostasis is not likely going to recover. I just cant imagine for the rest of my life with this shit. Its pointless.

Personally I haven’t found a treatment for this symptom. There’s no much info online about the causes. Low e2 numbs you dick for sure tho

“Only” symptom? What a load of rubbish. As expected the fetishistic psychological fixation on the phallus makes people entirely ignore this most severe symptom. In fact, ED is the most conventional and trivial symptom, with tons of research and conventional help. Similar for “libido”. Numbness is the most crushing and mysterious symptom, where the sexual “experience” is supposed to happen but doesn’t. And you can’t assume anyway that it’s the “only” symptom (although nutjobs with their fetishistic phallic fixation might literally not notice one way or the other…)…

1 Like

Among other things glutamate, particularly NMDA and AMPA function, should help with numbness a bit and recover some sensitivity - althoug it fluctuates. AMPA you can enhance with common nootropics, NMDA, well, there isn’t a single way but many little ways one has to figure out oneself (I haven’t seen a thorough guide yet, but only single anecdotal selections).
You might see this in acute alcohol possibly making numbness even worse, which is related to NMDA blockade.

1 Like

Lol dude just chill…I wasn’t trying to make his symptoms less severe or worse, so just stay respectful and again chilllll…
BUT If you really think that sexual dysfunction is The worst symptom in PFS, then let me tell you that you are entirely wrong, and have no idea what PFS is…THe disease is far more worse than ED, and genital numbness…Trust me on this.

6 Likes

It messes up with brain you might get sexual disorders with or without broad range of mental disorders.
And some mental sides makes you commit suicide…

There is a fair amount of research into substance use disorders, anhedonia, and sexual dysfunction. Here are some free online articles to start with (the first on neurobiology of anhedonia, the second a 2019 article on sexual dysfunction in substance users):

(1) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3181880/pdf/DialoguesClinNeurosci-10-291.pdf
(2) https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/2631831819849365

These could be separate effects. I only have penile anesthesia in the bulk of my penis but things are much better in the frenulum portion.

Since you mentioned dopamine, here’s a page I found really interesting: how erections work.

2 Likes

I have to say that even though this symptom is the bane of my existence
After going through a full crash around New Years where my brain, digestion and everything were 7 different kinds of fucked
I was begging for them to go away and just have the ED problems.

Like I said this is the number one symptom for me is sensation
But when you wake up after having really fucked Up sleep…no feelings or emotions
Like NO enjoyment or even bad feelings whatsoever…THATS SCARY lemme tell you

Yes the sensation problem is a terrible thing
I can tell you it’s fuckin awful and yet…it can be so much worse

1 Like

Penis sensitivity in my opinion is fully reversible, because I have had it return on two occasions.

1. Drinking 3-4 cups of strong coffee daily for months and then QUITTING - gave me back near full penis sensitivity for a day or two
  2. When I tried Creatine initially, there was a strong and significant increase in penis sensitivity. It disappeared when I dropped it.

This leads me to believe this isn’t the result of some permanent damage to the organ but rather a bad hormonal state that could potentially be shifted the right way again.

6 Likes

I agree with you, but as long as no one here is doing anything to get more survey participants from other communities, publicize our problem, or facilitate research in any other way, it doesn’t matter. To fix the problem we need research and no one here seems to express any interest in making that happen. So it won’t.

2 Likes

What can we deduce from this I wonder?

Well both thing he mention can increase 5AR activity so for him It seems like that can help. Other people have crashed from doing so though so it’s a gamble

Right there with you. It’s really astonishing and demoralizing to me how few people have bothered to do the survey when it’s clearly the most real and tangible thing anyone can do to help.

2 Likes

We have an obvious lack of androgenic activity in brain regions causing the numbness

For the most part I have. Pretty much the only thing that has improved for me