Penile elastography

Hey man, cool to see you’re benefiting from the Pelvic Floor PT
Could you talk more on it?

What you do and how it helps exactly?

I used to have constant tightness and pain in my pelvic floor muscles. This is no longer the case. I think the PT has made it a little easier for me to get erections as all of the muscle and tissues in that area are looser and more relaxed to allow blood flow. Also, it’s really great to not always be feeling uncomfortable or in pain due to the tightness.

The PT involves the physical therapist mostly working internally on the muscles and tissues of the pelvic floor. Massaging or loosening up the tight areas. Basically they stick their fingers up my butt. They also will work areas that the pudendal nerve runs through externally, not in the butthole. The goal is to stimulate the pudendal nerve and tissues affected by the pudendal nerve.

Thanks for the info.
Is the treatment painful?

In general no, it’s actually pretty relieving. It feels as if I do not have good control of those muscles anymore. They are supposed to tighten and relax automatically and are involved in controlling erections… which obviously does not work properly for most of us currently!! My muscles tend to get tighter, they’re not supposed to… so essentially it can feel like getting a deep tissue back massage. So imagine sometimes if your muscles are very tight and sore the massage could be slightly painful, but generally it’s not painful and is actually helpful and relieving.

Do you guys have any hypothesis of why many of us have tight pelvic floor muscles? This seems to be a key component in many PFS cases.
Is the root neurological? In that case, what is the mechanism?

1 Like

I don’t think anyone has answers to these questions, I often wonder myself. I think you are correct though that it is possibly neurological. The current research shows neurological disruption of neurosteroids, downregulation of 5AR enzyme in at least the brain, and increased density of the androgen receptor in penis tissue. I feel that one or all of these factors can disrupt signalling of the pudendal nerve between the brain and penis, subsequently causing dysfunction of the muscles and tissues controlled by the pudendal nerve which primarily causes tightness of these muscles.

I have experienced fluctuations in all of my symptoms and slow, small improvements over time in the 2.5 years I’ve had PFS. So I do think most or all symptoms are reversible and treatable. The trick is finding what can help us obviously…

Any ideas on how to correct this? I believe this might be my issue.

I literally have no symptoms EXCEPT ED. My erections are fucking weak and its annoying the hell out of me.

I am 3 months off fin , 2 months off min. Please tell me theres hope. I would legit do anything to fix this.

There’s definitely hope. I would suggest you set up appointments with a doctor. Show them the Post Finasteride Syndrome Foundation website so that they can be informed about the condition and let them know you only started having your issues after taking finasteride.

If your only symptoms are ED, you are in luck. There are lots of treatment options out there to help with ED. They may not be created with a person with PFS in mind, but they can help. I would also suggest you mention to your doctor that you’ve heard pelvic floor therapists may help. Getting physical therapy has helped me, and it is a good, non-pharmaceutical way to start working to correct and strengthen the muscles and tissues that may be affected by PFS.

1 Like