Ozeph Detox from Benzodiazepine while having pfs

Thanks a lot for the info will PM you.

Day 4 Sleep was better last night. 5.5/10. Better than last 3 nights. I took 3 mg Clonazepam, which is my new target daily dose, along with 22.5mg Hydroxyzine and lavender oil (silexan 80mg). I know the consequences of taking lavender oil but I think the benefits outweight the risks.

I will have to use some aids to help me sleep while dealing with potential withdrawal symptoms.

The saga is not over you see, I took the last Gabapentin (meant to prevent withdrawal symptoms) yesterday morning, early day 3 of detox. Detox symptoms appear around 2 days and peak at 2 weeks.

I calculated my blood level of Clonazepam was slightly lower than half was it was before yesterday at noon, while at near peak effect of Gabapentin. It is now slightly higher than half what it was before and I have no Gabapentin. I starting to feel anxiety. I took 0.5 mg Clonazepam in an efforts to accelerate itā€™s rise to 2/3 of what it was before and Iā€™ll try to maintain it there. At 3 mg before bed everyday, it will take a week to get there.

Before the detox, I calculated blood level equivalent to taking 12.5 to 10 mg. It looks like a lot, but bear in mind I was taking it daily and itā€™s half life is 36 hours. So when started, it accumulates over a period of 10 days until it eventually stabilizes. In a week, my new levels will vary between 8.33 mg and 6.66 mg which is exactly 1/3 less. It remains to be seen if Iā€™ll have withdrawal symptom during the next 10 days and if my body will accept this new lower dose without ill effects.

If it does not, the solution is easy: take more clonazepam. But considering I went through all this trouble, Iā€™d like at least to reset the dose lower if Iā€™m to build up tolerance again. Iā€™m willing to bargain some of my sleep quality in exchange for a lower dose.

1 Like

Day 5 Sleep was better at 6/10, still no symptoms of benzo withdrawalā€¦ I go to sleep at 10-pm, wake up at 6:30. I t would have been a better night if my wife didnā€™t wake me up at 11pm, thinking my kid had swallowed something (which he didnā€™t). We had a fight, it took me until 1 am to fall asleep again.

Those who are alone or have comprehensive wives are really lucky. Mine is a bunch of stress. I started having fin symptom, while still on in, the first year I started frequenting her. Many of my friends are saying I would heal if I left her. And we have a 2 year old son.

Day 6 Sleep was 8/10. Still no signs of detox symptoms and Iā€™m at 3.0 mg Clonazepam instead of 4.5 mg.
I going out of my way to avoid Glutamate, Glutamine and Glycine. Iā€™m even taking the powder out of the capsules just to avoid the collagen capsules.

1 Like

This is amazing news @Ozeph .

1 Like

Thanks Shellnyce.

Sleep was 9/10 yesterday. Now all I have to do is tapper down Benzo and anti-histamine and replace with Taurine, Passion flower, Lavender Oil, Valerian and such. Iā€™ll start taking Ashwagandha. Itā€™s very good for balancing neurotransmitters and hormones.

1 Like

Wow! Iā€™m so happy for you. Your close to being done with all this.

Yes, thank you. Iā€™m quite happy to have succeeded in lowering Clonazepam by 33% in 3 days without withdrawal symptoms. I consider this a success, although partial. It enables me to do what I was aiming for: free some of my GABA receptors so I can try natural herbs.

The pfs symptoms that remains are the first symptoms that appeared pre-crash while still on fin: Insomnia, occasional dry eyes and dry lips. (Pre-crash, those last two were pretty bad).

Considering Gabapentin did damage to my brain and may have stopped brain cell creation, Iā€™m now aiming my diet, supplementation and exercise at creating new brain cell in the Hyppocampus region.

Good news: I can take other sleep aids on top of 3 mg Clonazepam and 20 mg Hydroxyzine, like Silexan 60 mg (Lavender oil) which works the best because itā€™s an oil and stays longer in the body. I tried Passion flower extract and Taurine yesterday , both at 1000 mg, and I had deep sleep for 6 hours then woke up and barely slept for the two hours I remained in bed. Passion flower extract is water soluble and gets eliminated faster.

Bad news: I need to take something on top of 3 mg Clonazepam and 20 mg Hydroxyzine, itā€™s not enough to make me sleep.

(Iā€™ll copy that to my main thread on aminos)

1 Like