Over 10 years on Finasteride and then the side effects hit

Frankly speaking, I couldn’t care less for Prolactin. It was among the least influencing factors to my libido and well-being despite everyone saying it may lower dopamine. The only thing it did was shrunk my wallet to pay for testing it. My say is that unless it’s like 10X normal range, which warrants extra testing such as getting MRI for pituitary, then I wouldn’t worry about it. Its level fluctuates greatly and there’s a lot to understand about it’s role in men.
@ADAPHY

I had high prolactin levels as well in the past, haven’t tested for it recently so I’m not sure where the levels are at right now. I had more than twice the maximum reference value, but after an MRI of my brain they didn’t find any hyperprolactinoma.

If I were you, with the levels you mentioned (similar to mine) I wouldn’t worry too much. Once those levels get much higher (like ten times higher) you may want to get an MRI scan of your brain, but otherwise I wouldn’t waste the time for it.

My urologist told me that prolactin levels can naturally fluctuate in men over time, even though having very high prolactin levels is generally considered unusual. As far as I understand, sexual problems due to prolactin generally only occur at extremely high prolactin levels, and in that case is usually caused by a hyperprolactinoma.