On the way to Recovery

Did you check with your doc before deciding you didn’t need it anymore? Did you have bloodwork that inidicated you didn’t need it anymore?

My test results were very surprising. My doctor said he’d never seen anything like it in his life.

Somehow my Thyroid has returned to normal and my Testosterone is actually too high.

TSH 3rd Gen 2.64 Range .4-4.50
T4 Total 10.1 Range 4.5-12.5
T4 Free 1.4 Range .8-1.8
T3 Total 115 Range 76-181

Somehow my thyroid has corrected itself

My Testosterone levels are quite shocking. My doctor has never seen such high levels in his entire profession.

Testosterone, Total: 1147 Range 250-1100
Testosterone, Free Percent 2.58 Range 1.5-2.2
Free Testosterone: 295.9 Range 35-155

I believe I’m cured. My ejaculations continue to become better and the quality of semen seems to be improving every week.

I also had more bloodtests, will get those in the following weeks.

This is awesome :open_mouth:

That tells a lot about the so-called ranges…you go way beyond them (for T and free T) and feel better than ever…

Great news :wink:

how r u feeling? health? sleep? appetite? joing pain etc?
I think these tests were done 2-3 weeks after stopping clomid. You should go for another tests after 4-5 months that will be your final test results.

I was on clomid for only 8 weeks after I had these tests. I took clomid only. I also quit thyroid medication over a month before these tests were taken.

It was 50 mg 2 times, 3 times a week.

Health wise very good. I need to eat a lot. No joint pain. Sleeping is good.

In all it raises more questions than answers. Like why when I started taking clomid did the thyroid medication start to become painful for me, which is why I stopped it.

But from my results you can see that Clomid works and in my case I had a very good reaction. My doctor kind of flipped out when he saw my ranges.

I think propecia fucks up our Pituitary gland because clomid stimulates the pituitary. If it fucks up the pituitary it can also fuck up your entire endocrine system and basically throw your entire HPTA system in the gutter and that might be the source of our problem because of propecia. It causes harm to the pituitary.

I find it just incredible that my Free Testosterone went from a paltry 33 to nearly 300 in just 8 weeks and my total T went from barely 300 to over 1100.

Also I’d like to add I don’t suffer from any Post Finasteride side effects anymore. I truly believe now based on my bloodtests and the way that I feel that taking Clomid will solve most if not all of our problems.

it may not hold, wait around 6 months the retest, in a lot of cases it slips back down.

Well my dosage has been halved, so it will go down. It’s too damn high in the first place, those levels represent a health concern just like my low levels did.

Congrats on improvements thus far – hopefully over the next 3-4 months things will remain steady or improve further.

Regarding:

… please review Dr. Jacobs’ posts on this subject:

blog.alanjacobsmd.com/alan-jacobs-mds-blog/2010/04/a-neuroendocrine-approach-to-finasteride-side-effects-in-men.html
blog.alanjacobsmd.com/alan-jacobs-mds-blog/2010/06/the-plot-thickens-along-with-the-hair-when-you-mess-with-dihydrotestosterone.html
blog.alanjacobsmd.com/alan-jacobs-mds-blog/2010/06/a-proposed-mechanism-for-prolonged-sexual-side-effects-from-finasteride.html

Dr. Crisler’s thoughts:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2551

Well, for you it definately seems Fin did something to your pituitary from your LH and FSH tests. I’m starting clomid time release 15mg but I dont really think it will help much as my LH and FSH levels are in normal range now. I’m also starting the T3 “Wilson” cycle so will be interesting if 3 of us improve from thyroid treatments or if its just the flavor of the week. Almost think I should get some TRT boost before maybe but I’ll do it just the way Shippen is telling me. There have been studies, no sorry I dont know where they are, showing this method is successful in regulating the thyroid long term. This doesnt work for me at least there is a good chance then my thyroid is regulated and I can try something else. Shippen is now looking so closely at this that he didnt even mention to me a traditional restart protocol.

I don’t think 15 MG will be enough. I was taking two 50 MG pills 3 times a week. The first 2 weeks were complete hell, it felt like a war was going on inside my body.

I forgot to ask my doctor though if Clomid could have possibly had any effect on returning my thyroid to normal due to increase testosterone. Because as soon as I started taking Clomid I started to feel sick and I thought it was Synthroid that was doing it so I quit.

My body felt like it was telling me I shouldn’t take it so I stopped.

Next thing my doctor and I will be looking at is pituitary feedback to the adrenals(I have below range cortisol) since we’ve established that the main cause of my problem is pituitary dysfunction.

Clomid has been a miracle for me. I have no joint pain or brain fog of any kind because of it, I feel great but it will certainly take my body some time to reverse a lot of damage that fin did to me.

Also I’d like to add that Clomid causes an increase in hair shedding. When I went on fin and after I quit I hardly shed any hairs. Since being on clomid, every time I comb my hair I have about 10-20 that fall out. I’m probably shedding 200-300 hairs everyday. Though it has not caused any hairloss yet which is what I would expect.

Shippen has me on 15mg time release clomid. I havnt started it yet, waiting for it in the mail. Maybe he was thinking because my FSH and LH were in range that he is only using it as a little boost. From your LH and FSH levels I can see why you would want to hit it hard with clomid. That must have really jump started the loop for you, which is great. Shippen also has me putting Testosterone drops on my penis once a day although I cant see that having a huge effect on my testosterone levels.

I do my thyroid labs tomorrow AM to get the baseline then I’ll start the T3 cycle.

If I get hair shedding I think I’ll consider it a good sign. Ive basically lost no hair in last 2 yrs since using Fin and being off it. I dont think Ive lost much of the hair I regrew while on it either.

Was nice out today… saw so many hot girls… how depressing to see them and know you couldnt do anything if you wanted.

I think I have fianlly reached that point where I can say definitively I have recovered. I had a lot of help in the form of Vitamins, which I felt helped improve my condition even more than what clomid had done.

I take this everyday. B-6 100MG, Calcium 600mg, E with Natural d-Alpha & Selenium 50mcg 400 IU, Vitamin C 500 mg, Fish Oil 1200 mg, B-12 500 mcg, Super B-Complex with Folic Acid plus Vitamin C.

I’m also on doxepin due to the pain I had in my feet which has gotten better since taking it.

But anyways, those vitamins can be found at most convient stores. I think anyone here should probably take that as well.

And for the question about how well my penis works, I don’t have any problems with it. It has a lot more color in it due to the vitamins, My problem is actually premature ejaculation, I didn’t have that while I was on fin.

Anyone else try something similar to Dury? Thyroid meds then clomid.

I think he’s the only case of pfs male recovered via clomid. And also the only one who took clomid together with T4.

i am doing pretty much exactly what Dury did. I will update you all if anything particularly good/ bad comes of it. Hopefully i will recover :laughing:

can anyone who’s taken synthryoid or other thyroid medication chime in here? this is the 3rd or 4th comment i’ve read about recoveries revolving around thyroid buildup. half being iodine related recoveries and the other half being synthroyd recoveries. although, i’m not sure where clomid plays a part in this.

I’m taking Armour Thyroid, which has both T3 and T4. It has helped me in many areas, namely with mental clarity/focus/stamina and cold hands/feet. No sexual improvements to speak of - libido and erections might actually have gotten a little worse.

I’ve been taking a 60mg dose for about three months and will continue.

our thyroids are definitely affected, but I dont believe it is the root cause. Many articles that progesterone problems can lower thyroid FUNCTION, so your numbers might actually be ok but have thyroid problems. May explain why it has helped just somewhat.

agreed. I have met many thyroid paiteints in my real life none is like us.

Do you have any links about this that I can read?