*** OFFICIAL ENROLLMENT FOR GEORGE WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY STUDY ON T, DHT and fertility in men who developed persistent sexual side effects related to the use of Finasteride ***

Boston if there is no rush to have kids, then I would postpone the treatment and participate in the study.

What was this guy er, Guay saying about propecia? He co-authored the Traish study from last year I believe. He also wrote a very well quoted paper on the use of clomid in ED treatment. Has he seen many of us?

Thank you, but I also asked you another question.

Yes he did, and thats why I went to him, bcos he was within my health insurance network and in Boston. It was somewhat of a disappointment however, because of the simple fact that he’s kind of a guy who’s at the end of his career… he probably has a busy family and social life. He speaks a lot at conferences, and has a sexual medicine practice I think… he’s also very difficult to get an appointment with as its about a 6 month wait to get an appointment. He knows that propecia fucked us up, but just doesnt really have the energy to delve too far into it. He knows it fucked with our androgens and HPTA, but thinks that as long as we can still have sex, the most important thing is our health, and since he is so busy, he addresses that first, as a doctor, our sexual reproduction.
Basically, he’s a Clomid guy… as you said. And doesnt really know or care to do too much more I think.
I think he has, however, most definitely seen a lot of things turn around with the use of Clomid. A lot of doctors have… and thats why they prescribe it. Its the primary thing prescribed for male fertility.
Another doctor, urologist, I saw years ago also told me some stories about clomid. A guy who had taken steroids two years ago had testicles that were shrunk way down to the size of grapes… and he didnt think he could help him… But after about a year long course of clomid, his testicles slowly expanded and came back to life.

For the sake of two months id wait for the study.

Two reasons:

1. Clomid is no miracle drug. Most of us have used it with varying success. It’s not a golden bullet, don’t think otherwise. That said, it may help but im not convinced a few months is going to make a distinct difference after four years (i hope not, anyhow)

2. We still need some real answers and every study is going to pave that way.

Good luck

I don’t think two months at this stage in your life is going to make or break your fertility. I also don’t think clomid is going to be a lifesaver to your problems. There are countless people that have taken Clomid.

It’s great to see another study being done on PFS. I would take part but unfortunately I don’t meet the criteria due to medication being used in the past. These studies are our way forward.