New (Oct '21) pfs member please help

I’m losing my fucking mind everything’s getting so much worse I can barely function I feel like I have serious brain damage.

I can’t believe my life turned out like this.

1 Like

Im losing my fucking mind

Thank you, I’m gonna add that to my tests, also no I was referring to the zrt nuerosteroid tests.

1 Like

Hang on to the hope you have time to recover its still very early. I’ve seen a number of guys in the grips who did improve a lot keep that thought

3 Likes

Second what @LazarusRy said. Many patients experience improvement over time, some experience great improvement. Please give it some time.

2 Likes

I don’t know what to do, I’ve lost my life. I’m 4 months in from a quarter fucking pill, my teeth and gums are extremely painful, my gums have recessed considerably, I have complete disassociation and cognitive impairment. Tremendous muscle atrophy in my right leg, muscle twitches. I can’t live anymore, I can’t deal with this kind of pain. My friends don’t talk to me anymore. This doesn’t feel real.

5 Likes

Hang in there, my friend. The beginning is the absolute worst. It will pass, please give it time. Remain positive, even when it’s most dire, please do this. You have to put your body in the best position to heal.

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words my friend. At times I have these episodes of absolutely losing my sanity, snapping and becoming really close to suicide, only thing that calms me down rn is klonopin. Which I’m reluctant to take but have to rn or I will kill myself, It’s really bad. A total nightmare. But hopefully I’ll see some improvements soon, if I can make it. I was hit so fucking hard.

5 Likes

I was hit incredibly hard too. I would not take the Klonopin. That could make things worse. Try to not take anything. I think we’ve all had those moments here. Just do your best to calm down. Don’t blame yourself either, we trusted who we were taught to. It’s NOT your fault. Just remain positive.

3 Likes

I know how that might feel sometimes. I was hit hard right about the moment I finally started enjoying my life and it’s hard to describe how unfair that felt. I’ve made many bad decisions in my life and wasted quite a lot of time. But being 20 you have much more time, and I hope your younger organism will find the way to recover. I believe, at this moment you need to focus on improving your mental state and stabilizing emotions. I remember myself at that age and how awful sometimes my emotions were even despite I didn’t face that kind of problems you are dealing with now.
You need to understand that it’s your depression who makes you suicidal, although it might seem like your own choice. It might also seem like the end of the world, but you will see eventually that it’s not.
Please, take care and stay strong.
I wish you all the best and full recovery.

4 Likes

Thank you so much for your kind words man. It sucks because things were going really well for me too. But it is what it is. I’m just trying to focus on my recovery now. I hope you’re hanging in there. All the best.

2 Likes

Hey guys I was recently diagnosed with coxsackie virus, and was prescribed valacyclovir (an antiviral). I took the first 2 doses yesterday and today I woke up feeling even worse (brutal headache, more muscle twitches), how could this be.

1 Like

Guys I regressed significantly severe suicidal thoughts are back, I’ve been in tears all day. I miss my life. After about a month with a ton of pressure in my cheek and having no idea what it I was, I finally got diagnosed with a severe deviated septum, I’m horrified, who knows what else is going on in my body. I don’t know how much longer I can take this. This is literally a fight for my life. I don’t wanna do any drastic, but the thoughts won’t stop. I might admit myself into the hospital soon. God have mercy.

1 Like

Thanks man, I’ve gotten probably the most extensive bloodworkup physical possible

1 Like

What issues do you experience because of the deviated septum? It seems to me it’s quite common condition.
I’m at my low too currently as despite some recovery it’s all still is going nowhere. And I still can’t accept it happened to me and I’d have to correct all my life plans. But we should face the reality, it’s a nasty condition and we are to fight it. And nobody could replace us in that fight.
I think having such depressive thoughts as you do is kinda normal reaction. Although some may not admit it. But even the toughest guys sometimes face their lowest points. Just don’t let these thoughts take over you. Don’t let the disease be in charge of your life.

1 Like

I really hope one day we will all get the relief we need from this horrible, horrible condition. I’m not a super religious guy, but I do believe in some way shape or form those who are responsible for this will be held accountable.

2 Likes

Hey, sorry for the late response. It’s causing me some breathing issues through my left nostril, but that’s not my main concern. My main concern and what absolutely horrifies me is that I know for a fact I didn’t have this before. It’s severely deviated. I’ve been having a ton of facial pressure on the left side of my face for the past 2 months and I knew something wasn’t right and now the ent confirmed it. She’s telling me I’ve had this nearly my whole life, absolutely not, I’ve seen multiple ents about 2 years ago for a separate issue, they were very through and didn’t mention anything of the sort. This is an absolute nightmare. It’s damaging my body and mind beyond comprehension. I hate being pessimistic and I tried to stay super optimistic for a while now, but I’m literally deteriorating so fucking fast. I’ve kind of accepted my fate. I don’t know where to go from here. I need a miracle.

1 Like

How is your recovery from the coxsackie virus going?

That’s so weird, man. I don’t know how it’s possible, but I know how you feel. I have no idea what to expect from this crazy condition next. Stay strong as possible. Stress would only increase deteriorating.