My Recovery and Neuro-Biological Disorder

Well I got the Bacopa and tried it for 3 days, but I stopped because it made me a bit foggy and I had to poop a lot. (which is one of the sides).
I took 1200 mg a day, which is 3 pills. And I have seen no improvement at all.
It might be because 3 days time isn’t that long but I think that if 1 pill of finasteride can have such a big impact then I think 9 pills in total should have done something… even a bit… didn’t make me worse nor better.
Just a quick update on my personal experience.

1 Like

As said I saw a great improvement from one pill then by pill 4 was in a hole. The same pattern that has befallen me with everything I’ve tried. Over sensitive receptors in my case

1 Like

That’s too bad, I have a bottle of bacopa and curcumin with Pepperine and waiting to get started but am discouraged after reading about it being a waste of time for some. I’ll post the outcomes when the time comes.

3 Likes

Peppermint turmeric are bad for some of us so tread carefully my freind. Good luck

1 Like

Sorry for the delayed reply on this-- it’s difficult to keep up with all the comments and messages on here, especially as I don’t intend to check it too often.

Yes, I will post my two CSF test results delineating the neuro-hormone concentrations and more importantly mRNA transcription factors for GABA(a + c) and ER/AR receptors. I don’t have access to the physical lab reports, but I believe I can get screenshots of the values from the online hospital portals.

I’ll aim to do this in the next day or two and again I apologize for the delay; I’m not intending to be elusive or coy, I’ve just been overwhelmed with work recently.

1 Like

Sounds like CDnuts to me. Wonder if he’s going to open his own web site and try to sell his cure to other PFS sufferers like CDnuts did.

1 Like

Why you say so? Nothing to do. Man…try not to come here and say trash.

5 Likes

Curious about your fasting. How did it help (and I am familiar with fasting), but why 22 ish hours. Did fasting help for a long time or just while fasting?
How did you find a neuo-endo, whenever I look for them I just get lists of endos.
How would you know if you have neuoinflammation.
How did you get a Neuro to listen to you? I am guessing your vocab. LOL
Also, with your clear scientific background and intensely verbose vocab, how do you think you can lend that towards getting the scientific community to listen to our concerns? If there is ever a grant or a review for a study, I would think that your words would be listened to more than many of our general complaints. If you have these issues, then many of the rest of us do as well.
Please explain your notes on Ginseng. I am guessing that it was a bad thing.
You’ve listed a lot of things, but I guess I am unsure ‘how’ these things have helped.
I am here since my son is damaged by Accutane.

2 Likes

How potent is tumeric as a 5AR-I? I’ve been eating curry that has tumeric in it and my finsomnia has reverted to its ole self again. Maybe I should stop eating it.

Also, not holding my breath but any update on the bacopa, especially with regards to improvement to sleep?
I’m reading that it impairs sleep for many people while it improves for others. It’s a (fat soluble) acetylcholinesterase inhibitor so that points to it being disruptive to sleep.

He never even had PFS, his symptoms as he described in a post on 9/9/2019 are as follows: “ I don’t have pronounced libido or erectile problems. Just head pressure/dizziness/brain fog and insomnia.” His experience is not relevant to 95 percent of us on this forum whose symptoms include numerous PFS issues such as genital numbness, ED, no libido/lack of sex drive, eye problems, ear problems, depression, anxiety, suicidal thoughts, neuropathy problems, etc. He is just one of dozens of people who have come onto this forum and posted their “recovery” stories, but no one has ever been able to replicate even one of those recovery stories.

5 Likes

This isn’t correct. A PFS patient doesn’t need to satisfy an arbitrary number of symptoms before they are considered to have the disease. There are many patients here who do not have sexual/physical symptoms who are nonetheless plagued by persistent health problems following their use and cessation of an antiandrogenic substance. The admins’ paper explains this concisely

Post-Finasteride Syndrome is a life-altering disease occurring rarely following therapeutic use of a 5-alpha reductase inhibitor such as Finasteride. PFS encompasses serious physical, neurological, and sexual symptoms of variable severity and distribution… PFS presents heterogeneously, with variably severe symptoms from a broad constellation, in isolation or combination. (My emphases)

9 Likes

Just want to share my experience with bacopa. I took it for about a week and took my last dose on Monday, May 25. It initially made my anxiety feel a lot better but on Monday I woke up feeling pretty good, took one dose of bacopa followed by a few sips of a high caffeine beverage And proceeded to have an all day panic/anxiety attack. Today was just as bad as well. I’m getting this feeling in my eyes like I’m exhausted and need to close them and feeling the need to blink A LOT. Felt derealized and out of my head all day and ended up having to take a clonazepam which I haven’t used in over a year. I don’t know what’s going on in my case and if the bacopa is to blame, but I haven’t felt this bad in a long time. My brain basically feels like it got the volume turned to 10. From what I gather, apart from the effects on Gaba receptors it also increases serotonin and lowers dopamine

2 Likes

Definitely seems results here are too mixed with downsides. Theanine is best for mind quietening if you need that temporarily.

Emoxypine seems interesting. It increases GABA binding affinity:

Let’s not derail the op. Start a new thread.

2 Likes

Re-read the OP.

1 Like

If tumeric was a 5ar-i, India won’t have a 1.3 billion + people. Everyone would be impotent from the time they learnt to eat food! Plus, nobody in India would have hairloss.

4 Likes

Not sure what you’re getting at as many people on fin and on here still go bald or experience hair loss.

Guys, please, be carefull about Bacopa if you are using SSRI. Bacopa increases serotonin more than Fluoxetine, and interaction may lead to serotonin syndrome.

https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Effects-of-aqueous-BME-alone-and-in-combinations-with-fluoxetine-on-hyperactivity-in_tbl1_281433666

http://www.psychiatriapolska.pl/uploads/onlinefirst/ENGverWoron_PsychiatrPolOnlineFirstNr92.pdf

I’m taking Fluoxetine now, want to stop it for two weeks at least, and try to use Bacopa.

1 Like

Do you think the caffeine is bad idea? I cant drink coffee at all with out feeling really agitated.

What about cycling bacopa a few days on a few days off? A few people on reddit said they felt extreme lethargy and zero motivation but slight improvement in memory but the trade off wasnt worth it. Did you feel loss in energy and motivation? Would you take it again or have you moved on? Sorry for the 21 questions.