My PFS Medium article (Link)

I’ve written an article for Medium about my PFS. I mentioned it earlier in this thread: Writing an article for Medium - need help with stats/ facts

Here it is: https://medium.com/s/story/my-life-has-been-ruined-by-an-anti-baldness-propecia-finasteride-side-effects-ed8b2fcd1e90

Hope some of it speaks to the experiences of others.

14 Likes

I have the same side effects… did you have any tests done? Visited any doctors except the killers that prescribed it?

Good article by the way thats what most of us feel. A guy read it on a hairloss forum im visitting and reconsidered propecia, you might have saved a life already

3 Likes

Great article @pursuit_of_happiness, I was going to suggest you might have saved lives without even seeing the evidence that @kon93 saw.

Well done.

4 Likes

Thank you very much for writing and sharing this story, @pursuit_of_happiness. Indeed, reading “a total erasure of all the love and attachment I’d harbored to those close to me” and knowing precisely what you mean made me reflect on how impossible it is to read that line without this side of PFS and really understand the gravity of it; what it truly entails. I do not consider it possible to contemplate from outside how these antiandrogens can obliterate feelings and functions you could never remotely imagine being separated from. For all the physical pain, exhaustion and mental anguish I’m in as a result of taking Finasteride, it’s probably the loss of what I can only describe as my soul that hurts me the most.

All the best my friend x

6 Likes

I don’t usually read any article that is too long. That article though was very well written. I read all the way to the end and was disappointed when it ended. I can certainly relate to a lot of it, but not all of it. Thank you for writing that.

2 Likes

Just basic blood tests that didn’t really show up anything of note. And thanks for your note, it would be good if the article scares a few guys away from the drug at the very least

Great article
I think most people will relate to your explanation or post finasteride side effects as I can personally.
It really is a crying shame that GPs don’t have enough knowledge of the side effects and so we are left to our own devices to try to correct the damage which can in fact create bigger problem’s. Whenever I talk to a GP they seem to head towards the depression route which is disturbing as anti depressants are not the answer I think we are all depressed but why the hell would we want to take another tablet to counter act the problem finasteride created.
The whole reason that we are depressed is because of the damage done which has left us with sexual dysfunctions slurred speech and memory issues and these are just a few of the impacts on our daily lives I think anyone will agree it’s more than enough reason for people to get depressed. We don’t need anti depressants we could really do with answers as to why these side effects persist.
Thanks for taking the time to write the article let’s hope guys pay attention to it and avoid the the risk of side effects that finasteride by not taking it in the first place .

2 Likes

Your comment also made me reflect on that exact thing. Loosing the fundamentals that make us human, that you cannot ever comprehend losing makes many of us feel isolated, distant from the world and our own body.

Not feeling that excitement in your stomach, the feeling of love and happiness when you see or talk to someone you like, not being able to feel anything about anyone your care about is an experience i wouldn’t wish on any living thing.

The way I’d describe it for me is it almost feels as if I’m in a simulation, when I walk past people I don’t see them as people, they’re just simply there doing their daily tasks, sometime its like I’m not even there myself, i feel as I’m just invisible due to not being able to connect with the world around me, if people talk to me it just doesn’t feel real, extremely weird to describe but yeah, that’s the issue.

3 Likes