My Left Ear Is Somewhat Blocked

Sounds about right, Ive seen a few ents myself.
My left ear feeling of fullness never resolved either.
I have thoughts about blood vessel irritation, loss of muscle that supports structure, and/or chronic inflammation of the mucus layer that may continue to drive this issue.

Here’s a thought on inflammation though, a person may want inflammation to facilitate initial healing and recovery, this is something that would lessen with time.
For example, some experts call acne during puberty a type of immune training that the body reacts to and overcomes.
The same could maybe be said for the sinus structure.
As a defence reaction, inflammation is necessary to protect the body from damage. Although inflammation removes detrimental materials to enable the body to recover1, it is important to avoid insufficient or excessive inflammation via regulation by a well-established immune system.
Some have also had similar thoughts on diseases like CFS,
an insufficient immune response or ineffective inflammation without the benefits or recovery.

2 Likes

Intense immune activation (also heat generation) followed by immune tolerance as to what a real type of therapy could look and feel like.
Vitamin A is capable of both, but its important to remember retinoic acid is the active form of vitamin a.

It is intriguing that RALDH expression in mucosal DCs and stromal cells is induced after birth.
Commensal bacteria may play a crucial role in the maturation or conditioning of the mucosal immune system during postnatal development.

The vitamin A metabolite retinoic acid (RA) plays a crucial role in mucosal immune responses.
RA appears to be a key molecule that controls lymphocyte homing properties and mucosal immune responses. It is thus of importance to know how RALDH levels are regulated within the mucosal immune system.

Vitamin A has long been recognized for its role in immunity. Retinoic acid deficiency compromises mucosal barriers of the respiratory and gastrointestinal tracts (4). It has also been described that vitamin A deficiency affects the ability of macrophages and neutrophils to migrate to sites of infection, phagocytose, and kill bacteria (4, 5). Vitamin A also plays a critical role in the development of adaptive immune responses in the intestines.

1 Like

Did you ever have improvements with this? I have it in both, right being worse.
Left can temporarily unblock partially on a good day but pops a few seconds later suggesting to me its inflamed

Yeah that happened to me in my left ear, hasn’t happened to or moved to the right. It’s gotten better with time but can still happen with an increase of the tinnitus. Not severely anymore but enough to be really obnoxious. The tinnitus used to be bad enough to hear roaring over traffic. It’s one of my most persistent symptoms. Recently the tinnitus has been going more quiet but still has episodes of getting really loud. I can’t really tie anything I’m doing to the fluctuations besides that when everything else is worse it tends to be worse too.