My Experinces with PFS and potential Treatments

fin alters your gut microbiota which is confirmed by studies, im pretty sure u could normally tolerate gluten but now cant due to fin, same thing happened to me. Whenever I eat glutten now my stomache swells like those starving kids in africa, my diet before fin was tons of carbs (pasta, rice) without any problems

1 Like

I’m not very good at using this site, but I’ll try to answer some of the questions posed.

I think water fasting helped the overall process, but it’s really hard to do it for 10 days and tbh, I’m not really sure it was the biggest part of the cure. Just getting the GI tract calmed down is the main goal. If you do do a fast, i would suggest a few things: Don’t drink distilled water. Go for mineral water instead. Distilled can be somewhat acidic, which hurts the GI tract. I honestly don’t know if I would fast again. At least not for 10 days. Maybe 5…

Yes, i agree with what most are saying here. It must have been that Fin altered my gut microbiome and other things, and I hope that i haven’t gotten celiac disease too.

Overall, i would say that when my gut is happy, there is no PFS. If my gut gets into a bad mood, which it still does from time to time, I can crash pretty quickly. So am I cured?..I don’t know if that really counts, but at least I am sometimes.

What exactly does a 10 day water fast consist of ? Thanks

A water fast is simply refraining from eating anything with any caloric content. The only thing you put into your body is water. Can range from 3, 5, 7, 10, and all the way up to 20+ days.

It’s hard.

I don’t think PFS ends at gluten intolerance perhaps try cutting out everything except meat and greens and then start adding things in.

Also, for those treating gut issues, have you done a parasite detox? I am in the second week of cloves + black walnut + wormwood + grapefruit seed extract (the last one is optional)

How is that going?

Haven’t heard of that before, is it helping you?

To be honest, I have not done it properly, so don’t want to talk it down yet. I have not noticed life changing differences (though I believe I have become a little less anxious), but I have been caving into my sugar cravings at the end of every day. I didn’t personally go through any “die off” symptoms that many people report from these sups, where the toxins released by the dying bacteria make you feel sick, but then again I was still feeding the bacteria. I did notice some digestive response in the first few days (increased movements). I am now entering the week off and have promised myself to finally kick the sugar before restarting the treatment in a week.

You can buy cloves + black walnut + wormwood for like $25 online, and grape seed extract for maybe $10 more. Something worth remembering if you do decide to try it is apparently the cloves break down the membrane around bad bacteria, so you should take that first, on an empty stomach in the morning and at least 1 hour after eating in the evening, and the other three around 30 mins later. Also, you should be taking probiotics if you are not already, to help build up the good bacteria. Finally, bone broths are supposed to be important because the collagen and cartilage helps repair your gut lining.

I will report back after I have finally managed to do a week without also ingesting sugar.

I am not surprised of the outcome. All the recovery I have seen all are based on the guts.

I believe Finasteride brings us to a Leaky gut syndrom And/ Or And Candida infection for some others.
Because of the leaky gut syndrome we become allergic to every food we eat as our body is fighting against the small shits coming into our blood. This is why we have inflammation all the time, that we are tired depressed and so on. We need to close the Holes to stop inflammation, and clean the yeast.

I think that L-Glutamine that you took repear the gut, Pre and Prebiotic to fight the yeast is there are (Candidose).
Enzyme to be able to process the food that we eat (basically instead of takin 50 supplements, just taking a wide range of enzyme and have a balance diet would do the work).

For detailed explanation go there https://www.yeastinfectionadvisor.com/candidadiet.html
and there https://goodbyeleakygut.com/tests-symptoms-leaky-gut/

100% on the gut theory. When my poops are soft and nasty and I poop twice a day, I have zero libido and can’t feel my penis. My poops used to be very different a few years ago. They’d be big and hard and I’d feel like a new man after I dropped a big one. I also have reflux and other GI issues. Sucks… My stool test came back clean but maybe they weren’t looking for the right things.

Check the link i posted above, tell you which test to do in it, regular stool test dont show much. It wont show that you have leaky gut for example.

Ive seen quite a few posts like this. Abnormal gastric motility or gastric emptying might be something to keep in mind as well. I think it might be safe to say with some types of GI issues that could cause abnormal muscle movement, you can forget about normal sexual function. This abnormal muscle movement might have as much to do as whats going on in the colon and gi tract in general as it does the penis.

The intestinal microbiome, the periastalsis, the quality of the digestion, the absorption of the food, etc … They are all mediated by the hormones and their relative receptors. Most likely, the digestive problems you have with PFS are just a consequence, not the cause.

1 Like

@sikllindil, need you be reminded of the community guidelines regarding member generated theories?

https://forum.propeciahelp.com/faq#theories

Your last post had been edited to explain that your claim of the cause of PFS is your personal view, rather than a verifiable fact. Further comments of this nature will be deleted without warning.

4 Likes

Thank you for the notice

1 Like

What if certain bacteria could induce PFS? Then what?
People here seem highly sensitive to numerous environmental factors, be it drugs, supplements, or diet.
Why couldnt this be the case with certain bacteria and/or its metabolites?
This type of effect is what might have the potential to linger much longer, similar to a persons genetic code.
Bacteria itself might be vital to both the living and dying process. Something that could also shape lifelong health outside of genetics, but the two could go hand in hand or maybe compensate for one another.

1 Like

Douglasmich (R.I.P.), made 5 fecal trasplant, before die, without any success. He said that hormones are more strong than bacteria.

Douglasmich (R.I.P.), made 5 fecal trasplant, before die, without any success. He said that hormones are more strong than bacteria.

This summarises it.

1 Like

Fecal Transplants are only legal in the States for c.diff infections. Even if given the opportunity I would never chance a fecal transplant. Just look at everything people are sensitive to. To me this would be a risk factor based on the randomness of a fecal transplant and whats unknown as to why they even work in the first place for some but not for others. This would be a type of possible immune challenge I would not want to risk.
Im actually looking beyond the colon or above it atm, more so the site of nutrient absorption, the stomach and small intestine. I look at the colon as waste and garbage, something to not be reabsorbed and kept in check. Bacterial translocation from the colon to the small intestine would be more of a concern, especially for people that no longer have normal bowel movements.

Here’s a quick example. So is this a good thing? idk. its abnormal. You see low stomach acid in older adults as well as a possible negative part of the aging process.

Occurrence of Bifidobacteriaceae in human hypochlorhydria stomach

Bifidobacteriaceae , important autochthonous and beneficial bacteria of human gastrointestinal microbiota, could over-colonize the stomach of hypochlorhydria patients

The intriguing question is whether this atypical microbiota colonization exerts positive or negative effect on the host.

Then we look at a very popular probiotic,

Effect of Bifidobacterium infantis 35624 (Align) on the Lactulose Breath Test for Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth.

This study found that 2 weeks of B. infantis 35624 (Align) supplementation affects LBT assessment for SIBO by significantly increasing methane, but not hydrogen, excretion after lactulose administration. Methane levels reached values that would be considered positive for SIBO patients.

Also this bacteria strain is antibiotic resistant, and this is a probiotic! or is it?
So fecal transplant?
No Thanks.

The bifidobacterium longum 35624® culture transits in high numbers through the human gut

Independent of delivery format, the 35 624® strain was detected in stool at day 7 in a viable form at levels greater than 1×104 CFU/g of stool. Transit of viable 35 624® strain in a patient with long term antibiotic use was confirmed demonstrating that the Zithromax did not affect the 35 624® viability under the conditions of the experiment.