My DHT never recovered?

Ever since coming off propecia two years ago, my DHT has been at the bottom of the range (30-85 ng/dl). I have always had levels around the 30s-40s, and even when I boosted my testosterone to nearly double the range (with clomid), my DHT never rose above 52 ng/dl (still under the 50% mark).

Does anyone know what to make of this? Should I try boosting DHT further? Is it normal to be this low?

I haven’t measured dht but the fact that shrinkage and the change in tone of voice ensues after drinking green tea for example, leads me to the same conclusion- 5AR hasn’t recovered to the pre-finasteride levels and my intuition is that it is the major problem in my pfs.
Also, when i measured testosterone it was almost on the higher limit but it didn’t show up in how i felt at the moment- full blown pfs.

Same here. I’ve been able to boost testosterone to very healthy levels without any change in symptoms. I doubt this is androgen (testosterone) resistance because I find it farfetched that something designed to manipulate 5ar (finasteride) would have an effect on testosterone’s influence on the body. But I could definitely see downregulated 5ar and resulting hormones as the being the underlying problem.

Yeah, but the problem is that taking stuff supposed to raise 5ar didn’t solve the problem. My theory is autoimmunity, and i have made some progress with that hypothesis (kept me alive at least for now) but it seems that full recovery requires either spartan discipline or some new insight.

Guys, first post in a very long time. I’m as recovered as it gets now. What I say below is based on experience and Dr Goldsteins advice.

Regarding DHT levels…
The RATIO of T to DHT is what’s important here. It used to be thought that raising T would bring DHT up, but we know 5ar is needed for that conversion.
The recommended solution from Dr Goldstein is to buy Andractim (DHT cream) from Cypress. Use only the size of a peanut M&M on your rib cage daily.
There are other DHT solutions but this is the one I used and it worked.
Average recovery time is 4.2 years, so any expectation of DHT conversion happening on it’s own should be AFTER this amount of time has passed.

I have the Andractim, haven’t used for very long. Perhaps I’ll try it again…