Muscle Atrophy Symptoms?

It’s been 2 years I took a shampoo called regenepure DR It contains both saw palmetto and ketokonzole. No I would say I can no longer build muscle anymore I put on fat easily around my stomach now. Muscles are soft now.

@AaronF Are you telling that You have PFS from a shampoo?

Yes it’s a topical I know but it’s had detrimental side effects on me there’s a few others here who crashed from this as well

@AaronF you mean your first crash is caused by topical SP and Keto?

Yes i never took saw palmetto orally it was in the shampoo along with ketokonzole which both inhibit 5AR

It’s crazy, man! I’m so sorry. Are your synthoms just sexual, or you have physical too? @AaronF

Sexual and physical along with cognitive problems brain fog and severe headaches

I’m so sorry to read that… @AaronF

I would say yes to both muscle loss and fat gain. I noticed it shortly after quitting propecia (took it for eight years). Nothing has reversed. I still try to run and lift weights if I can.

I can recommend that you follow this.
Overdomination of AR could give muscle problems.
I also try to after finishing my tribulus cycle.

1 Like

Wow, that is crazy; just from a shampoo. Very sorry to hear that.
Have you discussed it with any doctors and If so, have any of them acknowledged it?
Have you tried anything to overcome the side effects; work out more, supplements, etc ?

Man let me tell you I’ve seen many doctors none of them believe me, they are forcing anti depressants on me everytime. I’ve been labeled a hypochondriac etc.

I always worked out prior to PFS I have very little energy now due to the extreme fatigue that stuff gave me.

Supplements I use now are taurine and tribulus along with bcaa, I’ve gotten benefits from them but they only work for so long before they stop effecting me completely. I still work out now but only no every other day since the fatigue is so bad

1 Like

My hands, arms, and legs sometimes get tight like the muscles can’t relax. Also there’s a stretch of muscles on my ass that feels permanently taut, weak, and painful upon exertion, like a rubber band that’s stretched and can’t bounce back together. Anyone else have any of this?

1 Like

My hips and ass completely vanished when all my changes went down lol. I have tons of weakness in my hips, legs, calves, and feet. They cramp up really easily. Try to regularly do kneeling stretches, 90/90 hip stretches, and do lots of body weight squats.

If finances permit, not a bad idea to invest in a BOSU ball & airex pad. You can do stabilizing balanced squats on the BOSU, and single leg squats or lunges with the airex. The airex is also really good for planting the knee on kneeling stretches. These will help.

Oh and always take stairs over the elevator. Climbing stairs are really good for your lower extremity chain, going both up and down

1 Like

I had muscle atrophy the first time I took it, but I didn’t realize it until two years later,It doesn’t stop

1 Like

Hey man I’m 6 months post finasteride after taking a year and very achy/athritic like joints. Shoulders, fingers and hip. Just wanted to see if you figured out anything that worked for you or saw any improvements. Thanks!

1 Like

Greetings! I have not figured it out yet. I’m back to getting max scores on my fitness tests through running and regular push ups and sit ups but still unable to lift weights like I used to before fin. I’ve accepted it.

For me vitamin d and creatine… But yes, PFS is a nightmare

1 Like

lot of people saying Creatine helped.

Sorry to hear that. Did you get blood work done? anything abnormal?
IIt has to go away. Just might take more time for some.