Mental side effects vs physical side effects

When I speak of improvement I’m referring to real, appreciable difference in the bearability of the situation, an improvement in your symptoms, not how you cope with them.

1 Like

So what are your improvements? And how long did it take to see them? I know everybody is different but just want to know.

As I stated, at around 6.5 months in I experienced significant improvement. Read my member story thread, have a look at the posts I made when I first joined this site, you’ll see how severe my situation was.

For me definitely mental improvement. Initially I was just worried about my dick so didn’t realise just how mentally messed up I was post-crash until I started feeling improvements in this area.

I’m three months off and mentally I have recovered. My emotions, zest for life, “mental libido” are all back. I feel like myself again and my depression and anxiety have went right down too.
I still suffer from the physical/sexual side effects though, I have mild ED which fluctuates somewhat (I can still function but nowhere near as well as before) and a lowered “physical libido”. I have had some improvements in this area though, mainly in terms of sensitivity and sperm quality.

What is a finasteride crash? Have I experienced it? This is my second time trying finasteride. First time I had brutal anxiety but my psychiatrist and therapist always told me it was because of a trauma, because side effects coincided with a death of a parent and mobbing at work. I stopped finasteride because I thought it could contribute to my anxiety.

I restarted finasteride because I was feeling totally fine and happy. I started experiencing a little anxiety at first but then it came back with vengeance, brutal anxiety that makes me unable to function. Is this a crash? It has been like this for month and half and I just can’t cope. Can I recover if I recovered before? I have so many responsibilities and I just can’t do them right know I feel like my life is falling apart.

Little update:

I’m 3 months off fin. During the first month off fin I was having only lowered libido and mild ed with shrunken penis. Mental sides were okay I was still happy during some activities. Then at about the start of second month I had a terrible worsening of symptoms. Couldnt get my dick up at all, terrible scrotum/prostate pain, absolutely no libido and depression, suicidal thoughts, fatigue, brain fog/derealization. It lasted for about a month up until 3rd month began. Then I have some slight to moderate improvement in mood, made some jokes, was laughing and brain fog seemed to ease. I observed also that my dick (still shrunken in terms of girth) can get up to almost 90% also got some morning wood that lasted couple of minutes and I was able to have sex once without ed pills. But since this monday 14th sep, my mood has gone down dramatically and mental sides also worsened. I’m talking about anhedonia, depression, suicidal thoughts, fatigue, brain fog etc. Sexually improvements are lasting to this day.

I really dont know what to think about this anymore. I was happy that at least I can live but now its unbereable again.

Jin, what did you do to improve your mental sides?

As briefly as poss, improved whilst taking a clomid/nolva/HCG PCT following a steroids cycle earlier in the year. Definitely improved following proviron run.