Mental Side Effects Pre-Fin

Honestly just… work on literally every other aspect of your life and if your hair (or lack of it) still bothers you, then consider hairloss treatments. I’m sure by that point we’ll have better ways to treat it than we currently do.

Bro. I can tell you that highly anxious/OCD/creative/hypersexual people seem to be the ones more prone to PFS. I can tell you now you are the perfect candidate to get this disease. Dont ruin your life, you haven’t seen hell yet bro, and let me tell you, you don’t want to. DON’T DO IT. Do everything but this. Also don’t use saw palmetto, or any other anti androgen bullshit.

1 Like

I agree about the bald comment.

It’s a big disaster to self esteem for most.

@CuteCandyCane id wait for safer hair restoration options. without a doubt. not syaing hair isnt important, but you dont want this hell to get worse at that cost. There’s a stem cell therapy option currently that’s been getting good results.

It’s not permanent but the regrowth has been good. id check it out.

I have’nt lost much hair but i may try it in the future once everything is done here.

I’ve been on and off minoxidil and nothing happened plus it’s over the counter I don’t really believe minox causes PFS

My hair looks so bad and thin but I can hide it…

Also yeah Ik im probsbly suspectaboe to PFS Based off my OCD but like fuck. Every time after a shower and I see my hair all I want to do is just die

Hi @CuteCandyCane,

While you may have some mental illness to contend with, and it might be what you imagine PFS to be, you do not have any side effects, let alone “all the side effects”. You are not a patient suffering persistent symptoms that onset during or following use of finasteride. Others have cautioned you as well as anyone can.

You clearly have read some of the forum, but PFS is so broadly variable in severity that even most PFS patients have little familiarity with the severe end of the syndrome and what it can entail. After the single dose that initiated my crash I was left cognitively incapacitated to the point I could not look out a window or navigate a shop for many months. My genitals progressively and permanently eroded over the first months. I have been in constant agony which I cannot safely remediate for years. I have no sexual function and my health is destroyed. I cannot sleep, feel positive feelings or comfort. I am in a constant state of severe unease and my autonomic systems are always screwing up. I spend every day suffering and forcing myself to work for the benefit of others solely because it is the right thing to do. I add this to the comments of others because, while the odds are you would not experience anything like this even if you developed a degree of PFS, if you are very unlucky you wont have the luxury of worrying about “pleasing girls”. For some of us this drug is the end of that possibility and all other possibility with it. Other severely affected patients are memorialised on our main website.

You now have the option of consenting to a risk you can take on board although it is impossible to imagine. If you are wanting to dissuade yourself from the risk of this drug, then that is a personal battle and I can only suggest the assistance of a psychologist or mental health professional. You additionally could consider talking to your doctor about a hair transplant.

As this is not a website for anyone who wants to join and categorically not a website for hair loss concerns, I’ve suspended your account and will wish you the best in your future.

2 Likes