Lowering DHT question

Hi guys,
Last night I had more sleep, a spontaneous erection upon wakening and my muscles filled with blood, my gums also started bleeding and my mood improved. Apart from the gums it’s all positive but when I looked into my eating habits I discovered that pomegranate lowerss dht! I’ve had a few seeds with my daily kive yoghurt the past few mornings. I have this every time I eat these food types but my question is why does this bring on a temporary reprieve I would expect the opposite. Cheers

1 Like

It fits in with the AR overexpression theory. Perhaps by reducing DHT you’re allowing your androgen pathways to function better.

1 Like

I started to avoid every kind of food that contain 5ar inibithor and I developed total impotence.
I think we are too sensitive to Androgen, so maybe bloking it we feel worst.
Now I wanna try to restart eat 5ar-i food (ie tomatoes, water melon, milk).

2 Likes

This is very interesting… keep us updated about this.

1 Like

It’s a strange one but it does give me temp restbite from the worst symptoms. At the beginning of the year I thought I was recovering I had approx 2 weeks of improvements in all areas then my skin started to become even dryer and then I had an almighty implosion. On back tracking I realised it was because of turmeric something I’ve taken on and off for arthritis for years without issue. Since the crash I now avoid it. However garlic and a few other of these food types do tend to help me. I’m going to try taking them intermittently to see if this helps. Overall I feel my baseline has continued to deteriorate with time this could be the reason. I’ll keep you posted.

Not strange at all: Has anyone tried Saw Palmetto or fin after developing pfs?

Pomegranate is very high in polyphenols and a couple of years ago I found pressed juice relieved the 24/7 burning pain I’ve been in since my crash. However due to the inherent risk I stopped, as relief via antiandrogenic substances is not safe for me and has had dire consequences in some cases.

Best

1 Like

I’m due to go on trt gel shortly and have held off due to fear of the potential consequences, re the temp improvements I’ve had outlined in this thread do you think it’s a risk worth taking IE do I fit the general profile of someone who may benefit? Thanks again for your views