Licorice Root Crash Again

Yeah, it was tainted with finasteride - the worst poison in the word.

2 Likes

Anyone with numbness notice super dry skin on the penis. It looks and feels totally different. I don’t see how this will reverse but it seems some guys have had recovery so I will hold out hope. For now, I am not messing with my body with supplements. My recovery is give my body 4-6 months and then maybe try recoveries guys have tried here.

1 Like

I’m the same I wouldn’t touch supplements. They’ve brought nothing but further deteriation and crashes. Out of desperation Ive revisited supps trying others they are like fools gold. For those that it’s helped is great but for me personally it’s a no no. I would recommend fasting though as this certainly does help and you can be re assured your not putting anything into your body that can further upset our delicate hormonal imbalances

Trinov

For information, Licorice root, recovered someone from PFS so I don’t consider it’s bad just because you see an Androgen decrease or something like that written somewhere.

I have taken it as well, things get bad after 2 days, and if you stop you get better again.
I think we should clean up as much as possible our gut before taking it. and we should not taking it too much at a time bu only by cycle.

I think the big deal with it its that it’s increasing your tension so you will feel bad if taking too much of it.

1 Like

You sound like those people who advertise Fin… “When you stop it the sides will go away”
People are crashing from this shit for a reason.

4 Likes

Could you link to whoever recovered? Be interested to read.

Hey guys,

Checking in.

Positives: I now produce a normal amount of semen when I cum, and the numbness has gotten better. It doesn’t feel the same as before, but sexually I function normally and my semen is normal now which is great news. This all started getting better when I stopped rogaine. My sexual side effects are now tolerable and I don’t worry about them.

Negatives: Mentally this drugs seems to have destroyed me. I have insane crashes of fatigue, mood swings and anxiety I never had in the past. Suicidal thoughts etc. It’s horrible.

Random: Recently I’ve look at pictures and I feel I look different. I look like I’ve aged 10 years in a year. My skin is different and my chin seems smaller. I then looked online to see some people with pfs report facial changes. This I am not sure whether this is in my head, or I just look different because my hairline receded. I look sick. Pale and my
Face has lost fat.

2 Likes

Following up. I might look different because I’ve lost so much weight in this stressful time. I don’t want to get too in my head and jump to paranoid conclusions here. To be positive, I swing from moods of feeling normal and moods of extreme fatigue and suicidal thoughts so life I still great sometimes. Each has lasted 2 weeks and seem to cycle.

I hope this is positive to men who have experienced penile numbness and sexual issues. I thought for months it would never get better. 4 months no improvement and once I stopped minoxidil it got better. I would pinch the skin every morning and feel nothing. It felt like anesthesia. I now have morning wood as well. My hair went through a horrible shed, but I don’t give a fuck anymore.

Good luck guys. Always hold on to hope.

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply:

I am trying to post the URL here but this forum block it… I dont understand why…

Type: “total male optimization” on google and then go to the testimonial menu

1 Like

Ah, that’d be champstar. He didn’t attribute his recovery to licorice root in the end and warned others not to use it too.

EDIT - and funnily enough, I’m now doing ok on 450mg licorice root/day. I can just ‘handle it’ now.

I’ll keep it up, of course large risks. See you in hell fellas. :slight_smile:

Oh really? When you read his comment he was sure that was the reason. So if not licorice what would have been the reason at the end?

And you why do take it then and how do you feel with licorice root?:wink:

1 Like

Licorice root caused me to crash again in the past. It is not worth the risk as it can make things way way worse. I stopped it right after I crash and didn’t recover. Only until I cut all products (rogaine), did I start to recover 4 months after the second crash.

1 Like

But if it helps jinstewart, I won’t discredit him. But in my opinion if you are early in PFS (<1yr), I would not engage in any experimental treatments that people have said can make things worse.

When living healthy for years doesn’t change anything, I understand everyone on this board reaching to experimental supplements.

1 Like

I can’t link it here ofc, but in the recoveries thread on SS, post 56:

"My story was quoted in this thread. I want to give an update that I am still doing well. I also want to give a warning. Don’t ever take licorice root. I overemphasized the effect licorice root had when I got similar pronounced fluctuations at other times in my journey. I think I recovered mainly from living healthily and fluctuations in androgenic activity that eventually made me get better. Licorice root can raise your blood pressure a lot and I think there are many dangers to it. Just focus on the healthy lifestyle and protocol. Hang in there. "

I’m not sure of course on the reason he did recover, but he has his ideas as he wrote. On SS they’ll say it was the protocol did it. I’m not one for bashing CD either, they do have a fair few recoveries it seems so good on them and him. I still exercise myself, cold showers, eat paleo… then again that was pretty much my life before PFS! Lol.

Anyways, actually currently I feel pretty good - sexually no improvements however masturbation doesn’t crash me now, can masturbate a few times a day if I fancy. EQ and libido not great really, but only a couple of weeks into this. I’m ALSO taking what IHP did in his recovery, so goodness knows what will ACTUALLY turn out to be working, or even if it’s just temporary because of the cold, but I feel pretty ok in myself, no question there. :slight_smile:

Licorice root itself is 450mg/day and Kudzu root 500mg/day. Ggggg123 never did say how much kudzu to take, so just winging it there. Might persevere with it all until the new year and see.

EDIT - again though, big big warnings. Licorice root has HUURRTTTT people before, and this might all be huge folly. One 450mg pill of it DESTROYED me back at Easter, HUGE suicide ideation I almost went through with, but now I noticed a little nervy and anxious but then nothing really, although I started on the kudzu root daily then too, prior to that a little bit of anxiety for definite.

Was in “fuck it” mode, still am a bit. I’ll do the silly things so you folks don’t have to. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, how are you doing since?

Ran the licorice root, kudzu root and the nystatin that way for about 6 weeks then stopped. Ups and downs emotionally but mentally now feel a bit better, sleep settled and got about the same as before and sexually probably a bit worse. In a general sense quality of life has improved, which only really happened when I stopped it all. I’d say in all respects bar sexually, “generally better”.

Disclaimer is this could just have been a 6 week window where condition changed, and only coincidentally coincided with a change in supps. Was also taking a few other things and probiotics too.

I’ll probably run it again sometime in the future.