Legal action push

In a long-term strategic outlook, 4.85b is a lot of capital to fund research for this condition.

1 Like

It certainly would be @Sugarhouse.

We already have enough evidence that Finasteride has caused long term alterations via Melcangi’s study that showed non-existent allopregnanolone, we also have the Reuters report which signifies that they intentionally hid side effects away from the consumer. I personally believe the lawyers in that class action threw those men under the bus for a quick payout.

2 Likes

It sure is.

We should get in contact with a whistleblower to understand how we could be more effective.

@Papasmurf I don’t disagree mate. I think there is enough to take them on but also get what Mitch is saying. The America woman who lost her husband probably has a lot of legal work behind her in the ongoing case which would save a lot of duplication/wasted time.

Yes, Mitch is correct that it would help strengthen our cases if we had more medical evidence, I just don’t know if it’s possible when Merck and Co have that type of influence over the industry. Melangi’s early studies were great but have been steadily on a steep decline. I requested internal emails on behalf of the FOIA from the MHRA on any mention of keywords such as post finasteride syndrome to see if they were aware of the existence of the syndrome and what they knew.

1 Like

My dad just passed away of a heart attack 3 weeks ago

The doctors found severe heart disease

He took Vioxx

Thanks Merck

1 Like

That’s an interesting one any reply from them yet. They have an 18 day SLA

So sorry to hear that @sg8627 my deepest condolences

1 Like

Thanks Laz :pray:

1 Like

They replied said they would get back within 20 days it’s now been almost a month. It would be interesting to see if I can get ahold of any crucial evidence

1 Like

It would mate.

Those don’t show a causal connection between the drug and our symptoms.

I’m not exaggerating when I say I’ve spent quite a bit of time looking into this, met with some of the best class-action, no win no fee firms in the country, and at this stage we put any future action at risk by going too early. Not just in our respective regions but globally.

If we want to pursue a class action on a large scale, we need definitive proof that finasteride is the cause of our condition. And when that time comes, we need to do it together.

5 Likes

I get you Mitch, youre quite right and thanks for sharing.
If there was sufficient evidence there would have been a flood of law suits. For some who are desperate and very ill it feels like time isn’t on our side. People becoming seriously ill and losing their lives before the case is proven isn’t unheard of in this industry. Let’s hope all get picked when the day comes. I expect many casualties of VIOX slipped through the net got nothing because once the truth came out it was too late and many will have been unaware. Another pharma tactic!!!

1 Like

I spoke to oakwood solicitors recently who had published an article

Anyway… I was basically told it was too late for me to pursue a claim as at least 3 years had expired since my initial prescription.

1 Like

Cheers @Deats01 I’m not sure that stance is water tight because awareness doesn’t necessarily correlate with when I took the last pill. Then youve been hit with a tidal wave and coping is your number one priority. Then there’s the likes of white finger, asbestosis etc where people are claiming years after. I doubt the 3 year rule is as black and white. Another pharma tactic, wind down the clock

The 3 year rule isn’t black or white but they wouldn’t entertain taking it on… no easy money for them

1 Like

Yes mate which is why pharma put the brakes on, delays etc get past the 3 year mark when hopefully some sufferers have become too ill or gone upstairs. As Mitch says when the day is right we’ll have a strategic drive which will have also tackled and overcome this bias rule. I’m still tempted to step outside of the no win no fee and go for it. My current situation is the driving force.

1 Like

Thanks Papassmurf