LazarusRy's PFS journey

Thanks mate there was a documentary about him, his wife also wrote about how he deteriorated. What he went through fit’s with classic pfs symptoms. He was having terrible nightmares, insomnia,was afraid, socially withdrew, had multiple cognitive issues, lost weight, muscle etc and u can actually see the physical changes in his last interview. . We also lost Heath Ledger too this disease. Both have been confirmed as taking Finasteride.
I hope u get some relief too :heart:

1 Like

Yes i have similar reactions to oils… i cannot have any vegetable oils or my neck gors stiff and i lose all coordinated movements and start feeling dizzy and spinning out. I also have collagen, bone and dental problems along with many of the other issues you describe. If you make any progress please let us know how

1 Like

Will do its a harrowing disease. A very warm welcome to this very unfortunate group. Please tell us your story. You’re amongst friends on here one of the few places if not the only one where people understand. Please report your symptoms to your health authority as every one counts towards getting this bullshit recognised.

Ive had pfs since 2003… i used to be in the original Yahoo Group. My username was OkiFigg

I became friends with Finsides and we met in real life. Unfortunately over 5 years he deteriorated and committed suicide. As did some others like DouglasMitch

I decided to quit this group as it became increasingly depressing and hostile to some users.

My issues improved significantly sexually but digestive issues worsened. My T and dht are normal but estrogen and progesterone are close to zero.

I took miralax and my symptoms initially improved

Then i had huge crash from which im yet to recover.

The only thing that has helped me was omad diet for two months straight but had significant weight loss.

In my case the digestive system is my main focus. When its good I am doing better overall

I recently took a raw prostate glandular supplement which caused swelling and inflammation of the prostate along with extreme pain and non bacterial discharge. I was more or less bed bound for six weeks. It definitely increased my 5ar activity. And results were paradoxically an increase in the symptoms of pfs. I am hoping maybe my receptors will be down regulated but I have seen no sign of that yet

2 Likes

You are really a veteran here.

How are you nowadays from 0 to 10?
Can you live a relatively normal life?

Also, what happened with the rest of people from 18 years ago?

Thanks for answering

Id say like a 6

I can function

But im in constant pain and stress and suffering

But ive been much worse

Digestive system is bad

Most people are dead from suicide or slowly deteriorating unfortunately

Not a good picture

I believe that we can improve our situation

But i dont know how yet

And you!?

1 Like

Still waiting for a recovery.
Doing also OMAD currently.

I don’t care about my sexuality i just would like to have my mind on place again
no brain fog, no anxiety, etc

Why you are on constant pain and stress?

How long have you been on omad? I found around the three week mark i improved

But at the moment im not doing because I lost too much weight

Id like to do carnivore diet but my digestion is so bad i cant do it

I have prostate pain and urinary urgency and discomfort 24/7 and all food seems to provoke an allergic reaction

These things are stressful and painful

1 Like

I’m sorry buddy
You have been like this since 2003?

What about your mind? You have brain fog or anxiety?

Brainfog is much better… in the beginning was unreal. Now its only if i eat starchy foods.

I have anxiety too. It subsides each day after 15:00… so i just tough it out until the evening

Yes has been like this entire time

Whats strange is my hormones have gone from low T and high e in the beginning to high T (694) and mid range dht and very low E yet symptoms are exactly the same

My bone and dental problems have worsened over time

How long you been omad?

during one month.
i felt bad while on it, but then, after stopping i had one month where i just feel better overall with my mind cleared.
is like if my immune system got supressed

“Most people are dead from suicide or slowly deteriorating unfortunately”

Can you tell the suicides you know to the admin team or make a thread. Or talk about it in a podcast. We all ask us what happened to the sufferers who disappear over the years.

I think they should not subside totally forgotten. It’s what pharma war machine wants.

Welcome back @Olskool. I’m sorry to see things have not improved. After all of these years. The bone pain has been out of the park for me recently. I also have dental problems, loss of gum tissue, replaced teeth, the recession continues with inflammed gums. I’m aware of two guys who took their own lives who lived near me. We cannot underestimate how many lives this poison has taken. You started in 2001, wow not long after me. There were no forums there was nothing back then. I didn’t have a clue I thought I had developed some sort of mental illness overnight but the onset of physical sides made me realise it was something else. It took nigh on 2 decades to make the connection, while I continued taking the shit on and off… I also suffer from an Auto immune disorder which somewhat muddied that waters. How was it for u in the early days? Happy to talk off line , I see you’ve pm’d me" ., whereabouts are you from in the uk? I also met up with another member a few times , he’s since withdrawn from the forum and shut up shop. etc. Said he’d had enough, he was getting shit off someone. He was showing spontaneous improvements after 7 years. One of the few lucky ones. Generally this is a very supportive place. One or two guys have pulled me back from the brink a few times. There are top lads on here considering everything .

They are names already mentioned and known on the ph site

Finsides maybe was not documented
DouglasMitch and others have all been cited in this group

You should take your story to the media. It might save someone from taking this and raise more awareness

Ive had pfs since 2003… i used to be in the original Yahoo Group. My username was OkiFigg

I became friends with Finsides and we met in real life. Unfortunately over 5 years he deteriorated and committed suicide. As did some others like DouglasMitch

I decided to quit this group as it became increasingly depressing and hostile to some users.

My issues improved significantly sexually but digestive issues worsened. My T and dht are normal but estrogen and progesterone are close to zero.

I took miralax and my symptoms initially improved

Then i had huge crash from which im yet to recover.

The only thing that has helped me was omad diet for two months straight but had significant weight loss.

In my case the digestive system is my main focus. When its good I am doing better overall

“Most people are dead from suicide or slowly deteriorating unfortunately”

This is not a good long term perspective, looking back to the pfs veterans 18 years ago!!

No one recovered?!

And what have the others, who disappeared the last 20 years up to now. Why the don’t write us a good bye letter like

I’m totally recovered

I have learned to live with r this I don’t want to talk about the disease anymore

I feel to bad

I think I end it up

Hi my friend how are you doing these days?

Fuck now i am really scared. I am improved much but how i can live without stressing my condition will crash again like you?

Do you think that it is possible recover permanently?
What i should avoid or do now?
Do you @LazarusRy think guys like you are minority in pfs patients?

I had repeated exposure which sets me apart, those that get worse tend to have experience of another 5ari. To re assure I think you’ll be OK.