Just a thoght

Hi guys,

now having looked a lot at the forum recently, I’ve noticed that many guys chastise other members for posting their ideas. I’d like every one to remember that we are all in this together and that any idea is a good idea…it’s better than negative reasoning that rises a lot on here. I like to think that if a drug did this to us, a drug can undo it. If people recover, then it is clearly not forever.

That being said, I’ve looked on here a lot recently, looking at HRT, PCT and recovery stories. Trying to find a pattern, but every one is different and every one reacts differently to meds. Some are better than others.

Now I’d like to offer the benefit of some of my experiences, and I apologize preemptively if this has been covered in other posts.

While I was on the poison they call propecia, I underwent a steroid cycle; I took a 6 week cycle of Anavar (Oxandralone) and noticed that my erections and libido were great. Anavar is a DHT derivative, it has been used to aid muscle wastage in HIV/AIDs victims as well as enhance growth in teenagers with puberty problems. While I was taking propecia I noticed Anavar had less effect in my gym routine, when I stopped taking it, the Anavar made me feel twice as strong and like a lust ball.

Now Anavar is still an anabolic steroid, it’s oral which makes it liver toxic, but it’s androgenic effects are mild enough (comparatively to other steroids) to not need a PCT. Which I think might make it a good source of treatment for those with low DHT and muscle wastage issues.

I’ve done a lot of bodybuilding, I’m aware of the mechanisms regarding muscle growth and sexual hormones. With regards to the crap we’re suffering AWOR and MEW seem to be top dogs. No doubt. But this may be a good avenue to persue to see how people react.

If any one has any questions regarding Anavar contact me. I can’t give you medical advice, but experience I have.

what do you think it would do regarding libido?

do you think it would work as a one-off thing for us, or more like where we would have to supplement it for the rest of our lives?

KSM,

I think the important part to note, as you state twice in your post, is you took Anavar WHILE on Propecia. As you know PFS crash usually happens 3-4 weeks after discontinuing the medication. I agree it’s important we all discuss our own reactions with medications though and theory arguments are really pointless. Not saying at all Anavar is not worth taking at look at and thanks for sharing your experience.

I think it would have a positive effect on libidio. It’s synthetic DHT, if you have low DHT or DHT problems then I assume Anavar could have a reasonable impact. As previously mentioned it’s used for muscle wasteage in HIV/Aids patients. Since that’s a degenerative disease and Anavar combats symptomthetatic problems of the disease then I think it would have good implications in treating PFS. Personally though it may be a life long committment.

@Boston; duely noter, I however don’t appear to have had a crash, I have had intermittant side effects. Sometimes I have a libido, most of the time I don’t. Some times I have erection problems, sometimes I don’t. The same can be said for premature ejaculation and the texture of my semen. The only thing that’s constant now is a total loss of orgasmic feeling. From what I can tell my PFS is very differen’t from other sufferers. From what I read I’m the only one to have done a steroid cycle on the drug and straight after coming off fin.

While I was on propecia I had no libido, erectile dysfunction; when I took Anavar they stopped. I think that says something.

This reasoning is faulty. We don’t have a full grasp of each drug’s effect on individual physiology, hence why some are affected early in their treatment with finasteride and some only crash after discontinuing the drug.

Lots of ideas proposed to help solve PFS can actually cause or compound harm - such as going back on finasteride to cure side effects induced by finasteride. We have to be careful that we don’t add to the damage that finasteride caused. This probably applies more to the people whose persistent side effects from fin are more severe than yours.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Sadly there is no pattern, some People have good reactions by Androgens, most not. Most get a short recovery after high dosis of T. By clomid, Ari, HCG or anything else that raises T. Some get worse, some stay the same and some get better. But raising Androgens makes the most peole feel worse. Anavar can also shut down your HPTA. Before, doing anything like this, I would check how yoour body respond to Androgens.
You can check this by masturbation and a orgasem. Short after the ejakulation your T levels will drop down a bit. (some fell better after it) in the next days, the T level will raise again and even a bit more, than it was before (to produce more sperms)
So, when you start to fell worse a day or a few days after, than it looks like you dont respond well to androgens. If you feeling much better, than this is a good sign, sadly this can fade away also. When you since a longer time dont have any good or bad effects by it, this is a good sign.
On the other side, the T level also depents on the daytime. In the moring its very high and in the evenig lower. (thats also why I made the poll) Just google it and you will find many pics. So you can see, on what time of the day, you feel better.
BUT most of ALL, blood levels dont show the effect on the cell. Many here seems to think that a high SHBG is a bad thing. As the name says, it binds on sexualhormones and while the are bind to it, the Hormons are not activ. But, see SHBG as a Taxi, that brings the Hormones to the cells. That means, the Hormones have a higher affinity to the Rezeptors.
All depends how much cells get a damage by the drug. If we say, there is a epigenetic Problem, the cells will give it in the mitose to the next cell. So the new cell will have the same Problem. But the normal cells that are not affected will also do the mitose. So, for exapmle.
50% are trash 50% are normal. Chance 50/50 and so on. But I realy dont have a clue, how long it takes for a whole organ to exchange all cell… many years I think, but this could explain, why some people get better years later. But there are many other big factors, that have a influance on this, that we hopefully can drive soon. :slight_smile:

Have a source for this. Need to read up and see if it might help.