Joining you at this strange frontier

@axolotl I am sorry to hear your level of suffering has not abated over time. As a “minority within a minority” myself, your post resonates with me. Thank you for all you have done as we are now starting to see the fruits of your labor. I wish you the strength to continue on this journey as your continued contributions and expertise will be needed every step of the way.

10 Likes

@axolotl Since my arrival on this forum, the amount of work that you and the guys here have put in behind-the-scenes is incredible. I can safely say that PFS would still largely be in the Iron Age if it weren’t for this. As you’ve told me many times while I was struggling severely, the most important thing you can do is to take care of yourself, right now, whatever that looks like. We have all made it this far, and my hope for over the last 3 years is that one day we can be free of this. I have personally taken some steps back from being active with the forum and the guys here solely due to focusing on finishing my graduate program. Overall, my condition with PFS has seemed to “settle” after a long time of steadily worsening. I’m hoping to just ride this momentum and see the end of my degree and become a licensed Physical Therapist. What an accomplishment that will be. On an almost weekly basis, I receive messages and comments about my video and posts from guys who are struggling.

I cannot underscore enough the importance of men (and women) here to speak out about the issue. It has a profound ripple effect and a huge impact on our cause. Every video, view, like, share, and comment, add up and have infinitely more impact than threads on this forum ever could.

We all know first-hand the severity and tragedy of PFS, but unfortunately, the rest of the world does not. And that has to change in order for something to happen. Please speak out. Get in touch with the guys here.

Take care of yourselves, whatever that looks like. One foot in front of the other until we are on the other side.

15 Likes

Bless you Axo, you are a warrior in the truest sense.

2 Likes

Does anyone know how Axo is doing these days? Seems it’s been a while since he’s been active. Hope he is doing ok.

Axo is ok, he’s just not involved in the day to day of the patient community anymore. He’s still involved behind the scenes with our charity.

4 Likes