Joining you all on this journey.

My worst symptom is the tinnitus. Oh god the ringing never stops. Had it for 3 months kind of accepted I will live with it. My chances of employment have massively slimmed with it. I think my vision problems have decreased a bit and depression I think has improved but still get twitches

Damn it must be bad then. I think I mustā€™ve got lucky then, I donā€™t seem to have tinnitus. How would it affect your employment?

But of course, man.
My mental symptoms struck me very hard, specially as an engeneering studient,
I would prefer to die young knowing that I could have achieved great things, rather than live to see me fail again and again all my life in constant frustration and hummiliation, to see all my plans crushed before me. Iā€™m not exagerating I think, I canā€™t even read memes anymore, people show me funny internet pictures and I struggle to get them, and itā€™s always akward, this is not life.
Edit: Of course, if I havenā€™t killed myself already, is because iā€™m hopeful for a recovery lol, maybe the world just wanted to punish me for my vanity. Iā€™ll keep it in mind.

1 Like

Are your mental symptoms really that bad? Iā€™m sorry to hear.

Honestly not really, I can function quite decently, itā€™s mainly that iā€™m particullarly annoyed at this fact. For example, reading any sort of books is really hard now, and I always enyojed literature. Some people would say that they donā€™t mind the mental side effects as long as they had their penis back, iā€™m quite the opposite.
Some day iā€™ll recover tho, iā€™m sure.

Stay strong man. I also love literature and i was completely incapable of enjoying reading for the first 6 months I had this problem. Between 6 months and now (9 months) I have been able to enjoy reading again. I hope the same will happen to you.

1 Like

I have regained interest in news and sports. Still lacking that creative spark but I am at least glad I have improved in some areas. Hope this stays.

1 Like

Yeah I guess Iā€™m just happy I can walk around without feeling like my head is about to explode. That first month was brutal. I would describe the mental sides as feeling like 10% slower, and not as fast as I used to be. I used to be a heavy smoker so Iā€™m quite used to the decreolized feel. But considering where I was, I am happy to be at where I am currently.

Keep strong my man, as long as we donā€™t get worse with time (which is rare unless you take other things, be cautious about it, specially about antidepressants) good times are ahead, either the effects will start to clear up with time, or you will learn to manage them better.

Hi guys, unfortunately I think Iā€™ve slipped backwards a bit the last couple days. May be going through a mini crash. Iā€™ve been eating like shit so wonder if thatā€™s got anything to do with it. I got through the first crash so praying I get through this one. Damn this shits hard

What do you mean by aside from turning ugly?

Hi guys, no one is reading this but I feel better writing about how I am. Currently havenā€™t had a crash in a while. Yesterday was probably my clearest day yet and I even felt a little horny. I also woke up with a boner. I donā€™t know what it is. But I think itā€™s to do with the fact that itā€™s summer, therefor it was the hottest day yet, Iā€™m on a keto diet, and Iā€™m in a low stress environment. I worry about my future and what happens when I have to work 5 times a week but for now I am going to enjoy my current situation.

6 Likes

Hi Monk,

I hope you continue to improve and you seem to have the right mindset. Mental issues for me have improved since early days and Iā€™m about 1 year post-fin now and maybe 8-9 months since my most severe crash. I can now usually for at least a few hours each day enjoy some Comedy, sports, video games, etc. to some extent, even if not like I used to. My anhedonia was very severe, so all improvements have been welcome. My one piece of advice for you is to avoid taking anything that might make you worse. Just stick with basics like diet and exercise as long as you can and let time do the work. If youā€™re already seeing improvements, thatā€™s likely to continue but progress will be slow and very up and down. I would recommend a log so you can better see long term progress.

I personally was making good progress but had something as simple as a very small amount of Creatine potentially set me back significantly. I donā€™t yet know what the long term affects are, but I would give anything to go back to before. Even though I wasnā€™t doing great, it was the more known evil. Avoid these types of pitfalls. Best of luck to you.

1 Like

Thank you for that sound advice, Good luck to you too.

Smoked some dope last night and it felt pretty great. missed that shit.

1 Like