James' story - finasteride made my hair loss way worse

That’s an impressive regimen. What are your results so far?

RU only worsened my RH symptoms, by a factor 1,000. Oral minoxidil did absolutely nothing (strange since I am a very good responder to topical minoxidil). I think I tried every supplement that could help in any way, over the years. They either did nothing or only made things worse. It’s a nightmare, really.

Yeh I feel you. I’m just getting started, been on oral min for a month. Beard just started shedding. I’m only on 1.25 mg tho

Good luck and please keep us updated on your progress.

Will do. I forgot to ask what was your ru dosage and how long did you use it? Was it years ago where it was easier to get faked poor quality stuff?

It was about 5 years ago. I don’t remember the exact dose but it was on the lower side. Bought it from Kane, which I believe is the real deal. The side-effects certainly indicated so… The worst part is that the scalp pain which finasteride left me with became much worse since trying RU. It sometimes keeps me up at night and makes it hard to focus during the day when it’s at its worst. I take painkillers for it when it becomes too much. It’s horrible.

For the love of God anyone who has that massive shed reaction the first time DON’T attempt to take the drug a second time after coming off…

That can be the death blow…

Did you get diagnosed with any autoimmune disease or any inflammation that would require such treatments? Did you test your digestive enzymes if you dont have a leaky gut?
Imo if these are all negative you should give a try with minox+microneedling, cause you have to combat “only” the overexpressed androgens receptors you got from that finasteride

Go on every hair loss forum and subreddit you can find and tell them that it made your hair loss worse. The more people we can convince to steer clear of this cancer the better. Even if my life is over, we can still save others. Also, tell them “r/tressless” is dogwhistling for “r/incel” and other incel subreddits that have been banned. Remember - even if we can stop people from taking finasteride NOW, if they keep frequenting these subs they can eventually be brainwashed back into considering it. Getting them to steer clear of these subs and forums in the first place would be ideal.

I think that your aim is laudable but I disagree with the method.

Our aim should be to provide good information through our own channels. This is beneficial for a number of reasons but here’s a couple:

Arguing on the Internet has a really poor success rate - that is to say, people rarely change their minds.

If we lower ourselves to the standard of debate on a lot of the internet, people often can’t tell who’s got it right, who’s got authority. Or to put it another way: don’t argue with idiots, people might not be able to tell the difference. Also, some people are just excellent at arguing, even when they’ve got all the facts wrong. Being good at arguing shouldn’t be the most important part of our campaign.

If we provide the information, we can make sure its accurate and can be viewed by many. This is more efficient than individuals all spending time trying to argue with someone who isn’t going to change their mind, with the bonus that the argument might make us look bad in someone’s eyes.

Concern yourself with what we can do, not with what other people are doing.

Hi jaguar. How are your sympthoms now?

Hi James. I got the exact same reaction to fin as you. Any updates since you last listed?

How’s it going? Am also trying oral min but it isn’t doing anything, thinking of adding prp

I’m only at 4 months but it’s def working

Awesome! Do you have any idea what part of your routine helped the most? Also, did your hairline keep getting worse?

It’s insane I took fin for hairloss and my hair has gotten so ridiculously much worse

well just the oral minox so far, i just started using adegen last week and will add in prp eventually whenever i let the other stuff continue working for a bit to evaluate.

Ah gotcha. did you feel like oral minoxidil affected your hormones? Saw an paper that it’s also a 5 alpha reductase inhibitor so I’m stopping for a bit

What’s happening in this thread? People here have been harmed by hair loss products. This isn’t the place to discuss beneficial use of Minoxidil, one of the products that some people have been brought here by.

If you want to discuss trying to save your hairline, this is not the place for it.

2 Likes

Hey man. Did you also get the crazy acne? Fin also made my hair way way worsr

So I’ve had pretty bad acne since like 8th grade. I think it had calmed down before fin and then came back in full force along with the hair shedding, but I don’t know if I’d attribute that to the pfs bc I don’t remember the exact timeline

If you noticed a drastic increase in acne and losing hair after starting fin, its likely you expierenced reflex hyperandrogenicity