Itookfindanddutast's Story

Congratulations champ I wish you all the luck towards the path of full healing even if it takes years I know you would take it, as I would as anyone who knows what kind of hell is this would. There has to be a way for our bodies to fight this and us to provide our bodies a way for it.

2 Likes

@anon16154436 your story does seem very similar to mine!!! We got this bro!! :muscle:

@sudosudo Thank you my brother!

Iā€™m feeling better as time goes on. Iā€™m having more days where my face produces oil more frequently and Iv noticed I have been waking up hard almost every day recently.

Libido has been improving as well. Iv had 2 instances in the last 2 months where the sensation from busting a nut was super intense. It was like it was before getting PFS and I had forgotten what that was supposed to feel like :joy:. I think these are all very good signs.

@anon57721015 One day my face just started producing oil again. But it comes and goes. Some days my face is a little dry. The next day it might be super oily after I take a shower. It fluctuates but is trending upwards.

The only thing I can say that I did leading up to some improvements was take Now foods acetyl l carnitine everyday. I was taking 4 capsules all at once at the same time everyday for 5 months.

I donā€™t want to give false hope because that may have not been what helped me. It was probably TIME.

I say that because when I stopped taking the carnitine, my libido went back down and depression was back. I decided to stop taking supplements so that my body could recover naturally.

After several crashes and bad depression for months I feel great and my skin is producing oil, libido is improving, etc.

Keep in mind I still have crashes!! The last one I had lasted 2 week and now I feel better than before.

I think sleep is important as wellā€¦ my sleep has improved so much in the year and 3 months Iā€™ve had PFS. I used to wake up every 2 hours. Now I donā€™t struggle to go to sleep and I sleep 7-8 hours every night. I donā€™t wake up as refreshed as I should always, but even that is improving.

This is going to be a controversial topic, but I think some of this syndrome is mental.

I have physical symptoms like wrinkles on my hands, and had other physical symptoms so I know there is definitely something physically wrong with us, but I think SOME OF IT is mentalā€¦

I say that because when I come on here and obsess over my condition I get depressed and then brain fog returns along with other symptoms. Itā€™s likely due to my body not being able to manage stress the same from my altered brain chemistry, but who knows!

When I stay away from the forums and live life I feel better than when i come on here and read.

Another thing I noticed recently that leads me to believe this, is I went on vacation to Punta Cana Dominican Republic last month at a 5 star resort.

I was horny as hell the whole timeā€¦ my skin was absolutely glowingā€¦ I felt great. I would say almost cured.

I think for those that do get better, time is important, staying away from stress and obsessing over this condition, getting sunlight, and having fun is important. Also donā€™t get drunk or use drugs as they can effect hormones.

I have been doing more things for myself to have more enjoyment in life and itā€™s helping alot.

I booked another vacation for the Dominican Republic for next month. I bought myself my first rolex watch after wanting one for a long time. Iā€™m focusing on continuing to grow my 2 businesses which brings me joy.

This might not work for you but thatā€™s what I recommend, and I was a severe caseā€¦ not just someone with low libido. Iā€™m now living a normal life and seem to be continuing to slowly improve.

Life can get better and I am living proof. I pray you turn the corner on this condition, and when you do you will have a new appreciation for life as I now do. Donā€™t take it for granted!

Hereā€™s some pics of me on vacation with my wife and my new watch!

3 Likes

Just wanted to update this thread to say my hair has started to fall out again in the last few days, and since it started my libido has been high. Without a doubt there is a correlation.

If I could describe it, itā€™s like that ā€œanimalisticā€ drive seems to have returned at-least as of now.

Not what I was pre fin but a 200% improvement. I havenā€™t felt that drive since I crashed a year ago.

Iv had sex 3 times in the last 5 days. Kinda pissed about my hair but fuck it :man_shrugging:. Thereā€™s no chance in hell Iā€™m going to get back on Finasteride.

Hope this is a positive sign for a full recovery. It sure does feel like it. Iā€™m sure il fall off the deep end and crash again, but Iā€™m noticing more and more improvements. My skin is even becoming more and more healthy looking in my upswing periods. Those upswing periods are also lasting longer and longer.

Has anybody had a similar experience as far as libido returning once there hair loss resumes???

1 Like

Hahaha we take finasteride/dutasteride/sp because we fearing losing hair and once we get PFS we can be the happiest man if the only ā€œsideā€ that remains is the hair lose

Im Happy for you man

Ed: you such a good Guy posting and updating, giving advices, giving Hope even when this is a source of stress for yoh

2 Likes

Is there any supplements that your taking? Or good habit that help your recovery?
I am really simillar to you. Because i quit the drug october 2021 same as you. And i also took dutasteride. And side effects are very simillar.

@Huehueh96 I update because I know how easy it is to think this is a syndrome that you canā€™t recover from. I know that to no longer be true now.

I wasnā€™t someone with just sexual sides. I had severe symptoms including physical ones that have all significantly improved.

This condition isnā€™t permanent for everyone. I said it in this thread already but I will say it again.

I think SOME of this condition is mental. Iā€™m sure going to this forum and reading horror stories doesnā€™t help people with that. Thatā€™s why I donā€™t read other peoples posts on here much anymore.

My skin stopped making oil, and I stopped sleeping so clearly there is something physically wrong with us, but I think there is a mental aspect.

Keep yourself in good spirits and live your life. Even when you are in a crash donā€™t fold and give up. Make sure you enjoy life literally force yourself.

@Kimm I donā€™t have a secret formula my friend. I do have certain habits that I do, but honestly who knows if they are the cause of improvement. I will list it for you though as silly as these things probably sound

I stopped eating tomatoā€™s even though I like them. Nothing with tomato sauce or tomato paste either. I noticed I felt like shit after eating them and sides would worsen. Now, Iā€™m less sensitive to foods and can eat what I want but I still try to stay strict

I donā€™t use any hot sauces anymore which sucks because I love spicy food.

Soy is 100% out of the question I wonā€™t eat anything with soy in it

I make sure to get 7-8 hours of sleep every night.

I donā€™t really come on here to read anymore other than to update my journey.
(I think this is a big one)

Get sunlight
(Another important one)

Donā€™t get into your own head thinking about how fucked up you are. Doing that made my life hell.

Donā€™t keep searching for a cure or a protocol. It will drive you crazy.

I never fucked with my hormones.

Thatā€™s something I noticed an old member @Finatruth mentioned in his posts and he recovered to almost 100% after 3 - 4 years. I would read his posts when I first got PFS and it gave me hope. Now Iā€™m experiencing the improvements that he did.

I did experiment with supplements up until about 8 months of having PFS, but the effect werenā€™t lasting, if anything I think any supplement that masks your PFS symptoms is prolonging your chance at a recovery.

It wasnā€™t until I put down the supplements that made me feel normal and happy again, and went through the terrible depression and list long of symptoms that I made it to the other side of the tunnel.

Great thing youā€™re feeling better. Thank you for sharing your story and ideas/strategy.

Iā€™m sure for many people thereā€™s no such thing as a ā€œmental sideā€. I for instance have been working a post university full time job for the 3 years with PFS. I go to the gym 2-3 times a week and eat a healthy diet. I do not feel depressed, just completely dull with 0 libido and bad fatigue. I try to stay positive. There is no fluctuation in symptoms, no matter what I eat or do.

I definitely think people are affected differently.

I was wondering though, how long have you cut out tomatoā€™s/hot sauce/soy?

I never eat soy but I have only begun cutting out all nightshades for about 2 weeks now, to see what it may bring. Itā€™s part of the AIP diet Iā€™m trying (cutting out gluten/dairy/grains/potatoā€™s/rice/nightshades/legumes/seeds).

1 Like

Where is this figure coming from? For 90% of people itā€™s permanent?

If you want to wallow in self pity that is your choice but the whole ā€œ most people never recover from PFSā€ spiel is not true.

Are you basing that off the extremely small sample size of this site lol?

I didnā€™t have a small reaction. I had severe symptoms including physical ones and most are gone and the remaining are slowly getting better.

Depression

Wrinkles on hands

Facial changes

No libido

Muscle wastage

No morning wood

Skin producing no oil

Clogged ears/hearing loss for 4 months

Blurry vision

No sleep

Thatā€™s severe PFS not a ā€œbad reactionā€

People like you hold others back by trying to push the narrative that most people never get better.

I sympathize for the people who never improve, but how many people do you think committed suicide because they thought there was no chance of a recovery?

How many of those people may have turned the corner on this condition had they waited another year or 3?

1 Like

@PFS Youā€™re correct everyone is effected differently. Sorry to hear about your situation as well my friend.

It seems like the common denominator in those that improve, it that they have fluctuations ups and downs.

Iā€™m no guru, nor do I know what the hell this condition is. I probably just got lucky, but I have noticed certain patterns from doing certain things as mentioned above.

I cut out nightshades after reading chiā€™s recovery thread. I have been doing that for about 5 months.

I donā€™t do any peppers, tomatoā€™s, hot sauces, soy, or nuts.

I only season my food with Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, and Salt. Nothing else

I eat steak/chicken and a lot of white rice for dinner but i cheat throughout the week all the time. I had a Popeyes chicken Sandwich the other day, and some Cuban food the day before :joy::+1:

Some people feel better cutting out carbs, I felt good eating them. Cutting them out made my depression bad when I was in the worst of it.

Itā€™s been scientifically proven that high carb diets have been correlated to higher test in men.

Some people do feel better eating no carbs though, so who am I to preach :man_shrugging:

@Exsexgod You took one sentence out of context and are spewing bullshit lol

I said I think ā€œSOMEā€ of this syndrome is mental. The depression being the major one.

Clearly if i developed wrinkles on my hands, facial changes, and my skin didnā€™t produce oil for a year that points to something PHYSICALLY being wrong.

This condition is a nightmare, itā€™s definitely not in our heads. But a lot of people do improve, and if you deny that because YOU didnā€™t get better that is selfish and foolish.

Do people get cured? Probably not. But 90% is living a normal life.

Xxxxxxxx x

I just want to apologize if my msg could offend someone, didnt try to take pfs as a joke, just tried to celebrate his recover.

Sry im a new case (1 month and 17 days) and this post gave me Hope since he had most of the symptoms i have. @LazarusRy

1 Like

I will continue to update. Keep spreading your dark cloud and spewing nonsense.

Iā€™m genuinely sorry you havenā€™t improved and I can tell you are in pain, but donā€™t push your thinking onto others without data and facts.

A lot of people donā€™t improve that is true. But 90%? Thatā€™s bullshit.

No one with PFS lives a normal life? Thatā€™s bullshit

Yeah, regarding the common denominator, thatā€™s something I also noticed. Nevertheless I hope somehow even the people without fluctuations are able to recover or reach a state of fluctuation at least.

Did you have fluctuations before cutting out the nightshades?

And by cheating, do you also mean cheating by eating nightshades?

1 Like

Xxxxxxxx z

1 Like

No I never eat those things I mentioned. I cheat meaning il eat some fast food or something unhealthy 2-3 times a week. :+1:

It sucks because I love Pizza and it doesnā€™t taste as good without sauce lol

Did you have fluctuation of symptoms before cutting out the tomatoā€™s/hot sauce/soy?

1 Like

Not really. The fluctuations started around 7-8 months in since getting PFS.

I noticed my mood would be better and then around 1 year exactly I started feeling like my self.

I crashed 3 weeks ago and was depressed but when I crash now itā€™s not that bad and doesnā€™t last long. Like 2-3 days and then I feel like I reach a higher baseline. The good periods started to last longer and life becomes more normal as time passes.

I have a normal sex life as of now, and Am happy again. Enjoy watching tv and gaming, going out again. Sleep 7-8 hours almost every night.

Sleep is still not what It was but itā€™s improving at a snails pace lol. Sometimes I pass out like normal and sometimes it takes a while to fall asleep. When I do fall asleep though, I donā€™t wake up anymore until morning.

2 Likes

Xxxxxxxxxxxx

Kind of contradictory to say he should have hope that he can recover if you are saying no one with ā€œreal PFSā€ recovers.

Funny how all the people that do improve and recover usually donā€™t come back to update because people envy other people crawling out of the hole.

I donā€™t donate to the fucking foundation because I donā€™t know how my money would be dispersed or usedā€¦ people have been donating for years. At the rate we are going, everyone in this forum wonā€™t be alive due to age by the time the world takes it serious.

There is a better chance at research being done if everyone on here made Tik Toks, than just donating money.

This condition needs AWARENESS. No one knows what the fuck it is because itā€™s not common!!!

What do you think would happen if every single active member on this site made a Tik Tok explaining what Finasteride did to them, explaining the symptoms, and asking to spread awareness so research could be doneā€¦

1-2 Tik Toks every day from every single active member on here couldnā€™t hurt.

2 Likes