Is there potential to speed up a personal treatment with dna?

Humor me here! I don’t know a lot and neither do I claim to. Please don’t shout me down as I’m brainstorming. Feel free to tell me I’m wrong or maybe onto something.

It seems that the latest scientific theories focus on epigenetic mutations. We are searching for commonalities between our mutations. It seems that this could be extremely tough as all our bodies react differently.

What if: I had a dna sample from before I had pfs which showed my raw data with all mutations. I then took a dna test after getting pfs and compared the mutations. Once I had identified the mutations, I traveled to a country where crispr and gene editing is already happening. This assumes I’m okay with the risks and have a boat load of cash.

Assuming this is epigenetic, could this be a potential treatment options for those who meet the criteria, have the will, and have the means?

By no means am I attempting to give false hope, but I don’t want to sit around and do nothing to help myself. If this is truly epigenetic i doubt supplements, diet, or working out would ever get to the root of the problem. Although, I do believe it’s possible to have epigenetic changes from supplements, diet, and lifestyle.

I’d really appreciate any input to this! If this is epigenetic then I say damn the torpedoes.

Please any input would be appreciated.

Before/after data from genetic tests won’t show anything of use. Sorry.

Epigenetic changes aren’t the same as mutations.

I appreciate the feedback. Then how do they find the epigenetic changes? Would that really not show in pre pfs vs post pfs dna?

Epigenetic alterations to DNA can be tested by something called bisulfite sequencing, which will detect methylation patterns in a DNA sequence. …But, it would only be useful if the material used for the test came from tissue that was affected by PFS. The methylation marks would then be compared to samples taken from the same tissue in control patients without PFS to see what’s abnormal.

Asking twice won’t change it. There’s no way any of the standard DNA tests could possibly be useful because PFS doesn’t change the fundamental DNA sequence. Your before/after PFS DNA would be the same.

1 Like

I really do appreciate the time you are taking to educate me. Although this topic will probably lead to a dead end, I think it helps to talk science.

If I had an old tooth or hair with roots that is preserved and yet to be tested, could I have " bisulfite sequencing" done to it? Then compare that to my current epigenetics?

Forgive me if I’m asking the same question again. I’m a smart guy, but didn’t take up a scientific profession. I’m trying to educate my self.

1 Like

Or are you basically saying that our epigenetics didn’t change, but that we have epigenetics which are vunriable to 5ari’s?

Meaning that if we ever did get forunate enough to have epigenetics changed then we would be changing it to something similar to someone who never got pfs and took finastrade?

Understood. Wasn’t questioning your intelligence or ability, only reiterating how impossible it would be to productively use before/after DNA data. Good to know you are trying to gain a better understanding of the science being discussed here instead of ranting about half-baked theories with certainty.

Highly doubt dead tissue would be of any use because methylation patterns are wildly obscured by the processes of cell death and something like a tooth or hair is extremely unlikely to have any relevant epigenetic alterations.

We most likely have genetic characteristics that make us more vulnerable to developing this condition in response to anti-androgenic substances, including 5ari’s.

There were almost certainly epigenetic changes that took place in cells of tissues like the genitals and parts of the brain. Anywhere that might have been affected by the drug that you took.

This is the idea. It could be possible in the near future using something like the CRISPR techniques discussed here and here.

btw- if you have 23andMe data, please participate in the 23andMe patient data analysis project!

3 Likes

DNA is the basis of many diseases in our lives. Nevertheless, if the person is looking for the explanation, https://www.gameogre.com/top-universities-esports-programs/ can provide several facts on it. Furthermore, if the process takes place in the world like ours, it must be developed greatly and implemented only after researches.