Is anyone else having terrible sleep issues?

I’ve basically been sleepless since things started to go bad (about a month and 1/2). I was prescibed ambien prior to taking propecia but I only went through 1 1/2 perscriptions in 2 years! And I never took it on consecutive nights. Since propecia side effects I’ve had terrible sleep. I started taking Ambien every night but it would only put me to sleep of a few hours and I haven’t had a deep sleep since.

I’m now on Trazadone. I know I get a few hours of sleep at night, but I have to force myself to fall asleep and I’m not sure if I’m actually sleeping. I’m never tired even after doing 2 all nighters and getting about maybe four hours of sleep every night for over a month.

Anyone else experiencing anything like this? I think it is related to my anxiety as well as low testosterone. Anyone have any good solutions or causes for this? Thanks.

I had exactly the same problem when I came off fin. Couldn’t sleep for days/weeks at a time. I am now on Ambien (Stillnox) since over 18 months. I initially developed some tolerance but it still seems to work. Be sure to use the “CR” (controlled release) formulation to get a full night of sleep. Instead of Trazadone I am using low dose Remeron (half a 15mg “Soltab” tablet = 7.5mg). Remeron is known to substantially improve sleep architecture.

nature.com/npp/journal/v31/n … 0923a.html

Even though Trazadone is sedative, I am not sure it is as effective at improving sleep architecture as Remeron. Important: Start at a low dose (like around 7.5mg). Remeron is known to be most sedative at a low dose. You’ll need the 15mg Soltab version for that (they are very easy to cut into halves), the 30mg version is almost impossible to cut into quarters.

With that combination I managed to consistently get my sleep back to a pretty good level.

1 Like