Intense Depressive Symptoms Post-Workout

I have been non stop lifting since I got to college. I started accutane in college. AND LET ME TELL YOU. i am 100% with you, I always go into deep depression post workout. I am so glad someone else is experiencing this! Working out is an addiction for me but the downfall afterwards sucks. I notice when i take a week off to fully recover i feel better. I wish there was a way to prevent this. Is this due to an upregulation of testosterone?

To all the members who feel worse after lifting weights, could you please answer the following questions:

• How much worse do you feel?

• What symptoms get worse?

• How long do you feel worse for?

• Do you have the same reaction to cardiovascular exercise or does it do nothing/make you feel better, and if it makes you feel better, what symptoms does it improve?

1. A weird artificial depression feeling starts off. Moderate depression.
  2. Depression is the most noticeable standout, but includes general worsening of symptoms.
  3. A few days, then it passes. I have tried weights programmes a few times, and had to abandon due to the worsened symptoms. I won’t be attempting again because don’t want further worsening of symptoms.
  4. No, cardio does not produce the same problem. Cardio does not improve much in symptoms, just a slight improvement in energy levels.
1 Like

I would assume people here feel worse after working out due to excess levels of testosterone converting into estrogen, this happens to me to and I get a tingling feeling in my nipple area which is were gyno has formed.

When I go to the gym I do both weights and cardio.

I don’t notice an immediate change in symptoms, aside from shrinkage, which can be near it’s worst after working out. I believe that even in healthy people, working muscles can mean that blood can get diverted, so I’m not sure it’s indicative of weights and cardio being bad for me. I generally walk away feeling tired but not depressed, etc.