Ihatepropecia1's brain fog discussion

Have you seen an endocrinologist?

I’ve seen a few. Only thing out of range is low FSH every time. An endo offered me clomid in 2016 but said she was clueless about pfs

Shoot,

My PFS doc wrote a scientific paper on how hormones are necessary for cognitive function. PM me and I will tell you about him and it. Testosterone is one of those hormones btw.

Hi everyone, 2 months off fin and no better. My brain fog and headaches and pressure in head is so bad I can’t even function. Getting out of bed, watching tv, loud music, everything makes it worse and makes me squint my eyes. Do other people have this feeling? Could it be something much more serious? Brain tumor?

The only way to find that out is to get the requisite tests done via your doctor/s. Seeing as these problems started shortly after you began using Finasteride, it is almost certainly the culprit. However, it would be prudent to eliminate other possibilities.

Many members here have or had the symptoms you describe. I had severe brain fog/neurological damage/smashed brain feeling for a long time after crashing. I’m nearly two years post crash now and that symptom has improved tremendously compared to how bad it was (felt like I’d walked away from a car crash with a gaping hole in the back of my head). Many describe this symptom improving with time. You are still very early post crash, relatively speaking.

The thing that worries me is my errections are completely normal

Hi everyone. I’m trying to lock down a doctor. The issue is the good PFS doctors range from 800-3000$. I’m deciding between Mark L gordon in LA and dr Alan in New York. Can people drop there honest opinion on who is better and why. Do you guys believe i am permanently brain damaged? Someone messaged me on this site and said I was sadly

The mental side effects reportedly can get better over time with PFS although they may take awhile. I wouldn’t say you are permanently brain damaged or not. I would strongly recommend not telling people you think you are brain damaged, especially before getting a diagnosis, because they will assume you are a hypochondriac or will be disturbed. You’re better off sticking to a description of your direct symptoms. Nobody has any proof that you are permanently brain damaged or that you’re situation is not reversible. It is a little optimistic, but people often refer to it as persistent because it continues after you stop the drug but we don’t yet know for sure whether or not it is permanent.

2 Likes

I vote for Jacobs since he is neurologist which special focus on the brain and even more focus on neuro-endocrinology and neuro-behavioral disorders and memory disorders. Yes his first office visit/facetime visit is expensive, but all the other ones are cheaper.

I’m 2 months off now and ED is Almost completely gone. Normal erections and large thick semen compared to watery while on fin.

My brain is a different story. Loud noises are now sensitive, I can’t think clearly without insane head pressure, it actually feels like I have a brain tumor it’s horrible. My brain constantly feels pressure and headaches no matter how much water I drink. It feels as though I have sensitivity to light, when I get out of bed my eyes are bleached red and I’m extremely dizzy, I have many other symptoms but I can’t think because I feel retarded as well. Thanks for any advice. Please share what your brain fog felt like. I’m taking MCT oil and vitamin d and K2 and that helped my erections recover but I want to know if this brain fog is something more serious. Is dr. Adams in New York good? Would he be able to tell?

1 Like

Hi everyone. My erectile dysfunction is completely gone thankfully. I’m still struggling with two major things that have hit me post finasteride and it’s been over 3 months. My brain fog is horrible, I zone out, get a pressure in my head and can’t think it’s absolutely horrible. I’ve been unable to study and had to quit my job. Secondly I have extreme body pain everywhere on my body. Shoulders, hips, ankles, back. does anyone have similar symptoms? What blood work should I check for these symptoms?

1 Like

How is your diet ? Everything okay with your digestion?

I had joint and muscle pain, I cut out dairy and it seemed to help with those issues. I brought cheese back into my diet and drink Almond milk and my aches and pains havent returned.
You can start there.
I’ve been battling brain fog for a very long time. I tried Wellbutrin, it helped with my Brain fog in fact it cleared it up completely unfortunately it gave me hives too so I stopped.

Diet is pretty good. It’s interesting I noticed if I eat certain foods the brain fog is almost immediately enhanced

Intermittent fasting is helping me brain fog wise I think. Started only eating 12-8pm

The tastiest food groups(gluten, sugar, carbs, sweets)are more than likely the culprit which is bs and why dieting and avoiding food groups is not a cure or a recovery for this disease. If you avoid certain foods or diet and feel better you are simply treating or managing your symptoms , nothing more. Unfortunately brain damage can’t be cured by avoiding pizza.

This helped for me, if you find that these food groups trigger almost immediately after eating them, it could be a sign of SIBO. You can treat this with pills , for me just drinking more store bought bottle water, helps. Seems rudimentary I know, but the ozone in the water acts as an antibacterial. Give it a go

What do you mean brain damage? Seriously?

I just received this abusive message from @Ihatepropecia1 for recommending ginkgo. A lot of guys find it helpful for brain fog. What lovely people we have on here. I’ve censored his swearing :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

“F**k you. You trying to make me worse? I just read your post saying you crashed on it. Dick head”

But I had the side effects of finasteride before I took adhd medication

so did he recovered?