I need your opinon

Hello,
Its been a while …for those who don’t know my story Im a 24 year old male, and in the summer of 2016 I developed complete loss of morning+spontaenous erections. Loss of Libido, low semen volume and force, genital numbness, ejaculation without sensation, and stress incontinence.

I have never taken ssri, accutane, or propecia. Funny enough I started a crash diet where I went from 77kg to 61kg at 5’10. The weight just flew off me and my diet consisted of beans, black coffee, and salads. I was also doing lots of cardio training and completely stopped weight training.

I was also working my first job as a laborer on a construction site. I was basically a garbage man, sweeping, picking up bottles in the sun all day etc. I remember one day drinking from a plastic water tank outside and the water tasted really bad. My crew used to all sit together for lunch, and looking back now, I remember it was at this time that I started to act strange, distancing myself from them. I noticed confusion at this time and low libido, but just thought it was stress from work, or diet.

A few months later when I moved back to europe I had this strange period where I was always on the edge, didnt talk to anyone much etc… I remember after yelling at my family sitting on the toilet next morning feeling strange. It was here that I thought to myself that I havent had a morning erection in months! When I tried to masturbate it was impossible to get erect. Only constant stimulation could keep it up and the skin feels numb like rubber. I used to be able to keep an erection and get it more pumped just by thoughts. This is GONE now.

After googling The main culprit was low testosterone, or cauda equina syndrome. It seems both have been ruled out. I have seen 3-4 endos, 3-4 urologists, and 2-3 neurologists, and even switched my main doctor. Nobody has a clue. It was at this point I searched the internet more and came across PFS. I even got a hold of Dr. Crisler on facebook. I told him that my doctor said that gential numbness can only be caused by nerve issues. I told him that it felt hormonal. He told me that the doctor is false and to get my DHT levels evaluated.

I got them checked the next day and my DHT levels have been low twice. First time was in the 200s (300-850) Second time it was 176!!! When I wanted to get more advice from him he offered me services that I could not afford at the time. As most of you know he has passed away , so I feel like my only hope in this entire world is now GONE. :frowning:

I have elevated liver enzymes on the last 3 blood tests as well as DHEA-S and billirubin. Testosterone is in the 650’s (250-950) and e2 and DHT are both low.
Is it possible that I drank unsafe water on the construction site that stressedmy liver, and is somehow causing Testosterone not to convert to e2 and DHT?

What’s your SHBG level? Normal test with low E2 + free T + DHT suggests high SHBG.

1 Like

SHBG was normal (low side) I believe it was 21 (range was something like 18-45)

Just a thought, but have you ever tried a DHT analogue drug as an experiement, since you have had low DHT?

Unfortunately, it does sound like you somehow developed this wonderful syndrome and it will be nothing more than a temporary fix, if it helps at all.

1 Like

Well after visiting my doctor again, and having a normal pelvic mri. The obvious culprit is either low dht or low e2. I can find people all over the internet blaming low e2 for there numb genitals, low libido.

I was hoping I would figure out why my DHT and e2 are low despite having normal/high testosterone levels. Something like heavy metal toxicity? It would explain the elevated liver enzymes I guess.

Am i allowed to share a link from another website on here?

This is interesting. You can share links here.

Really think you are barking up the wrong tree chasing heavy metal toxicity though. There must be a reason for the elevated billirubin, but heavy metal toxicity is really stepping into woo medicine territory.

well Isn’t it common knowledge that if you have low Testoserone or the metabolite DHT you will have no libido??? This guy claims the same stuff as me. I haven’t had a morning/spontaneous erection in 3 years now. Penis feels light, cold tip. Rubber feeling. Tight scrotum. I can not get a pump at the gym, and my muscles feel flat just like this guy.

https://thibarmy.com/topic/no-morning-wood-flat-muscles/

My next step is to order butea superba or whatever its called. Or try to get the dht gel.

1 Like

Yes, it has become more accepted in recent times that DHT levels can be indicative of libido.

There was a PAS patient who mentioned in passing that he had consecutively low levels of DHT on tests and benefitted long-term with andractim or proviron ( I forget what exactly, but it was DHT or a DHT analogue). Another had temporary success with it but the effects faded after a couple weeks. Might be worth trying.

Something interesting from that thread you linked is that the guy said he had elevated creatine kinase (aka CK or CPK), which has been noted in scientific literature to be grossly elevated in patients who develop muscle pain during treatment with both finasteride and Accutane.

I also have low E2 and normal testosterone. I figured this is normal since I am skinny with very low body fat percent. E2 is produced in fat and muscles as far as I know.

It looks like you have PFS - you have all the symptoms. You cannot solve PFS analyzing your blood work unfortunately so there is no point trying to find out what hormone is responsible. It could have been a sudden change in androgen concentration. Say the low calorie diet decreased androgens for a while and then suddenly you ate a huge omelette (or just stopped the diet) which raised testosterone causing a PFS-like reaction.

1 Like

I dont believe this is the case… There has to be a reason why testosterone is not being converted into DHT and e2. Its as if there is a stressor in the body? My armpits and genitals/ groins dont sweat anymore. However there is a very strange body odor coming from my armpits? It does not smell like male body odor. Maybe it is the body trying to get rid of toxins?

Its almost like my eyes, seminal vesicles and armpits are clogged…

Genital numbness is my MAIN complaint. The skin is completely unsensitive now its as if all the cells that give pleasure in the penis, scrotum are nuked. I also noticed my scrotum is 95% of the time high and tight.

1 Like