I have covid and it is horrible

Holy fuck. For those of us with pas/pfs how long did it take your symptoms to go away

Waking up today I have insane head pressure/headache and on my eyes also screaming tunnitus

Yesterday was absolutey brutal never been that sick before

What am I in for here?

2 Likes

I has it mid 2021 and I felt pretty bad for 3-4 days. 40 degree Celsius fever and one of the worst headaches in my life.

But after that it started to get better and I could go back to work after 2 weeks. Pretty sure I was affected for several months after that to some degree though.

I had it a couple of weeks ago. It was one of the mildest colds I ever had. TBH I felt pretty good when I had it, maybe because of the immune reaction.

I got COVID a few weeks ago. It significantly worsened all my PFS symptoms, and while the typical cold-ish covid symptoms went away fairly quickly it took many more weeks for my symptoms to return to a more familiar baseline.

Just goes to show how incredibly dumb some of those ‘are we immune to covid due to PFS’ threads are.

While I think getting COVID at some point is probably unavoidable for most people, I definitely recommend trying to avoid it.

Not denying your experience but there is nothing about PFS that indicates it might be an auto-immune disease as of yet and my personal experience and of others that I spoke to was completely the opposite. While I haven’t been sick much these past years, the few times that I was, my symptoms certainly weren’t any less, much worse if anything.

2 Likes

I had a few days of generally feeling bad, headaches, worse fatigue than usual.

Other than that mostly OK.

I have had two vaccinations and a booster too, my understanding is that if you’ve been vaccinated, you will not get as bad symptoms if you catch covid as if you had not been vaccinated.

Good to hear from you @hippydoof. I hope that you are feeling better very soon.

I had Covid in November '21, and my experience mirrored @philemon. I had a fierce headache for a week, even worse than usual. Same for dizziness and tinnitus.

However, I had none of the widely known issues such as breathing problems, loss of smell or taste, fever, chills, nausea, etc.

I am skeptical of the health system since PFS. I even told friends I was probably having a bad cold, and it was diagnosed covid to make the hospital its extra $15000 bonus money.

My two cents worth. Jim

PS: I should mention my 70 y/o brother had covid with all the bells and whistles. He was in a hospital for a week then spent another week in a nursing home getting rehab to regain his strength. All the same family genes, but I have PFS, he doesn’t. Jim

1 Like

You can get covid repeatedly, vaccination reduces the severity of symptoms. That’s why they’re recommending it to you.

Let’s not have an anti vaccine debate here. There are many places on the internet that the debate occurs, we just don’t want it here.

The informal poll we have had here suggests that nobody who posts here has had a reaction to a vaccine that wasn’t entirely typical.

Anyone reading this wanting to discuss their own experience of the vaccine may do so here:

Anyone wishing to post something they heard happened to someone else should not bother.

Glad you edited your post, I was quite surprised by the tone.
I also wasn’t denying anonye’s experience. I can well imagine that COVID is more servere for some people with PFS than for others. Also I never said PFS is auto-immune. I just expressed a thought about why I felt different, even better in some ways when i was COVID-positive (I should also mention that I’m boostered). I also had a similar experience when having a cold last year.

Sorry if I came on strong, @Taw . We did a lot of work getting this place to be a useful resource for pfs patients and vaccine debates were something that were in danger of using up all the staff time. It was going to be too big an overhead for us to factcheck info and we were worried that though there has been no sign of pfs patients reacting to the vaccines in an unexpected way, that we’d be partly responsible if people were posting anti vax stuff that convinced people not to be vaccinated here who then suffered badly with covid/ long covid …or worse.

As a result, we took the stance that people could share their experiences but that was the limit.

When I saw your post, I got a bit worried that you might be going down that road, and jumped on it. No offence intended.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies everyone. Covid has drastically increased My derealization and my tinnitus has been screaming ever since. Its no longer at at level i can ignore its loud over everything it sucks. Still having diarrhea and now muscles twitches all over. Am in very rough shape today praying this passes. I just spent a year being tortured after sodium butyrate fucked me up bad I hope this passes for me soon so i can have some semblance of a normal summer this year. Id hate to have long covid

3 Likes

Had your problems post sodium butyrate resolved?

Somethings went back to baseline. Others especially my joints and muscles are far more damaged than before. I get flare ups still but no longer feel like I’m being dissolved alive 24/7. When ever I have flare ups my stool smells like harsh chemicals like when I was crashing. There is something going on there

Now entering a new phase after covid. Waking up today with very bad tinnitus and derealization. Had a very strange bm just now too (different than my crashing bm) covid has thrown my whole system off balance I’m hoping I get back to shitty baseline again soon

5 Likes

Hope you’re feeling better soon, man.