I got "PFS" from Arimistane. Perhaps that could give insight into what PFS is?

Forget B-complex or B12, get glutathione

1 Like

Exactly! No b12. Thx for that information.

Androhard is no more on the market.
There is titan dht gel from Russia I guess.
Acts only locally, not systematically. I read logs about that on other sites.

Hey I found a research paper related to ATD the AI you took. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2925181

I actually took a different AI, but they have similar composition. They concluded that ATD actually prevented Testosterone from binding to the receptor and that it acted competitively with testosterone.

Thanks for the paper! I’ve never seen that one at all and perhaps Finasteride acts as a competitive molecule vs testosterone. To me, that still wouldn’t explain the ongoing effects since function should return after elimination of the drug because testosterone would be able to bind again.

Either way, thanks again man!

Sorry the names look very similar, but yea i did find an article that basically says arimistane is similar to the now banned aromasin(ATD). https://newprohormones.com/arimistane-androst-3-5-dien-7-17-dione.
I hope it didnt effect your androgen receptors like ATD does according to the paper i sent you. I suspect saw palmetto might also competes with the androgen receptor. but before i take that theory into consideration i want to rule oul the possibility of any hormonal imbalance thats why i want to do intensive blood work using a liquid chromatography Mass Spectrometry Assay.

1 Like

Yeah my case is complicated because I don’t know if my androgen receptors are messed up like a PFS patient’s, or if I messed up my Estrogen receptors.

There are others here who have gotten “PFS” from AIs though. I share the same symptoms as most of us here so perhaps there is a shared mechanism between AIs and 5ARIs. Either way, it was easy to call this community a home, and I feel a mission to assist in figuring out this PFS puzzle and making us all feel better one day.

1 Like

Btw since our issue might be due to receptors have you ever tried tribulis? the prodioscin in tribulus supposedly increases androgen receptors according to wikipedia " It is thought protodioscin achieves this primarily through causing an increase in androgen receptor immunoreacivity, meaning it increases the concentration of androgen receptors in cells, causing the organism to become more sensitive to androgens like testosterone and DHT.

Jaime, did you ever manage to resolve this issue? I believe Arimistane heavily decreases the amount of SHBG roaming around your body, leaving estrogen to run around free in your system and causing havoc … have you managed to get back to normal?

Nope! Still here three years later.

My SHBG tested high, actually. Just above the end of the high normal range. And my E2 was 17 on the sensitive assay which is lowish. Bodybuilders shoot for E2 In the mid twenties.

An arimistane manufacture told me it binds 5ar, so maybe I got symptoms from 5ar inhibition. Although I see no clinical evidence that arimistane binds 5ar. So my issue either stemmed from estrogen inhibition, 5ar inhibition, or something else.

I see. I find it slightly funny that your SHBG is high when your Estrogen is low… eat cruciferous vegetables as that lowers your SHBG, allowing for more free testosterone to be created.

What do you mean by “Bodybuilders shoot for E2 in the mid twenties”?

What symptoms do you have today compared to 3 years ago? Have they got any better? Even slight progress?

I think it makes sense, actually. SHBG binds estrogen. Therefore, less E2 would be floating around my serum.

bodybuilders (steroid users, specifically) try to get their E2 in the mid 20’s range on sensitive assays, or even higher.

Many symptoms have improved such as energy (although it still not where I’d like it to be), ED has improved slightly, and overall sense of wellbeing is better. So yes, I’ve made slight progress, but not cured by any means. I’d say overall I’m operating at like 50% of my prior self? Hard to gauge as different symptoms have different percentages. Libido is at like 10% of before, for example, while memory and concentration are at like 90%.

@Jaime update us please did you recover?