I got back several blood hormonal tests. I was wondering if you guys could help me make sense of them

LIPID PANEL,STANDARD 12/05/2018 (#745325, Final)
Report Result Ref. Range Units Status Lab
CHOLESTEROL,TOTAL 245 <200 mg/dL High Final TBR
HDL CHOLESTEROL 56 >40 mg/dL Normal Final TBR
CHOLESTEROL/HDL RATIO 4.4 <5.0 calc Normal Final TBR
LDL CHOL, CALCULATED 164 <100 mg/dL High Final TBR

LDL-C is now calculated using the Martin-Hopkins calculation,
     which is a validated novel method providing better accuracy
     than the Friedewald equation in the estimation of LDL-C.
     Martin SS et al. JAMA. 2013; 310(19): 2061-2068

For additional information, please refer to
     http://education.QuestDiagnostics.com/faq/FAQ164
     (This link is being provided for informational/educational
     purposes only.)

Desirable range < 100 mg/dL for primary prevention; <70 mg/dL
     for patients with CHD or diabetic patients with > or = 2 CHD
     risk factors.

TRIGLYCERIDES 127 <150 mg/dL Normal Final TBR
NON HDL CHOLESTEROL 189 <130 mg/dL (calc) High Final TBR

For patients with diabetes plus 1 major ASCVD risk
     factor, treating to a non-HDL-C goal of <100 mg/dL
     (LDL-C of <70 mg/dL) is considered a therapeutic
     option.

COMP METAB PANEL 12/05/2018 (#745324, Final)

Report Result Ref. Range Units Status Lab
GLUCOSE 85 65-139 mg/dL Normal Final TBR
The glucose reference range is based on a non-fasting state.
SODIUM 140 135-146 mmol/L Normal Final TBR
POTASSIUM 4.0 3.5-5.3 mmol/L Normal Final TBR
CHLORIDE 103 98-110 mmol/L Normal Final TBR
CARBON DIOXIDE 28 20-32 mmol/L Normal Final TBR
UREA NITROGEN 17 7-25 mg/dL Normal Final TBR
CREATININE 0.94 0.60-1.35 mg/dL Normal Final TBR
BUN/CREATININE RATIO NOTE 6-22 (calc) Normal Final TBR
Bun/Creatinine ratio is not reported when the Bun and Creatinine values are within normal limits.
CALCIUM 9.5 8.6-10.3 mg/dL Normal Final TBR
PROTEIN, TOTAL 7.4 6.1-8.1 g/dL Normal Final TBR
ALBUMIN 4.6 3.6-5.1 g/dL Normal Final TBR
GLOBULIN 2.8 1.9-3.7 g/dL (calc) Normal Final TBR
ALBUMIN/GLOBULIN RATIO 1.6 1.0-2.5 (calc) Normal Final TBR
BILIRUBIN,TOTAL 0.6 0.2-1.2 mg/dL Normal Final TBR
ALKALINE PHOSPHATASE 51 40-115 U/L Normal Final TBR
AST 17 10-40 U/L Normal Final TBR
ALT 19 9-46 U/L Normal Final TBR
EGFR NON AFR AMERICAN 100 >=60 mL/min/1.73m2 Normal Final TBR
EGFR AFRICAN AMERICAN 115 >=60 mL/min/1.73m2 Normal Final TBR

Unfortunately I dont have any old tests to compare against

How did you get your dopamine tested? I thought neurotransmitters in the brain can’t be tested. I’d like to this as well. Also, seems like a lot of us are low on Vit D.

It was part of a blood test as far as Iknow. All I know is that they litterally filled about 14 vials of blood and 1 cup of pee.

Wow what did you ask for to get such comprehensive testing? Was this from your GP?

Yes… I told them about PFS and said I want to know every possible level of hormone etc… My goal was to find what was causing my insomnia. It seems like its stemming from low T but who knows. I see an Endo on 12/30 and hopefully they will have some insight.

2 Likes

As for Vit D… I take 5000iu a day… sometimes I double it to 10000. Hard to believe I’m barely in range.

So you have the VDR mutation? I do and my Vit D is always low

what is a VDR mutation

your vitamin D is fine

I thought it would be higher considering I take a minimum of 5000iu a day and twice a week I bump it to 10,000iu.

try 10,000 ED. thats what i do, it rides around 40-45. but i have a vitamin d mutation

I take pills that are 5000… I’ll double up for a few more days per week. Once i can get in front of an Endocrinologist… I can work out a plan to maybe attack a few of my issues.

My sides are very mild so I’m wondering if I can get my T boosted if I could get my system back to a more normal homeostasis. Honestly if I could just beat this insomnia i would be happy to live the rest of my life as is. The insomnia in my mind is one of the worst sides to deal with.

you’re heading down the right direction then. You may want to trial clomid under your doctors supervision and see if that helps. You may just have hypogonadism. We’ll see what they suggest

@gents93 I have seen clomid mentioned. I never really looked into it out of fear of any hormonal replacement treatments making things worse long term. If any of that is suggested i will really need the wisdom and experience of this forum to make an educated decision. God forbid I make myself crash with some new set of symptoms. I know its like beating a dead horse but I’m really starting to think cycling herbs to slowly boost T long term might be a viable strategy. I might consider some of the stuff CDN suggests to see what happens. I think its important to have test results and not fly blind trying to guess whether levels are going up or down.