How to test for 5AR/DHT activity via urine/blood test

Is it really so that DHT levels can be very variable in different tissues? I asked my doctor about it and he told me that, if the serum levels are fine and I’m continually balding and growing more body hair and beard, there’s no reason to think that there isn’t sufficient amount of action going on in the prostate. Or is it possible that finasteride killed only that area and let the others continue?

Given that it shrinks the prostate by killing cells I’d say this is a given…

Not sure if this study has already been posted but some more evidence of 3a-diol G on 5a-reductase activity

eje-online.org/cgi/reprint/138/4/421.pdf

I’m not sure if it has already been discussed, but couldn’t low levels of A-diol-g be a sign that DHT is not being broken down in the prostate (rather than that DHT is not being created)? This could lead to lower levels of testosterone b/c of the higher levels of circulating DHT… And could be due to a lack of enzymes involved in DHT to A-diol-g metabolism and not related to 5ARII. Also, if DHEA is broken down into A-diol-G as well, how do we know that low A-diol-g is related to T->DHT? Are there tests for 3Ahydroxysteroid dehydrogenase and 17Bhydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (the enzymes reducing DHT and DHEA to A-diol-g)? Let me know if I’m missing something.

Good discussion and insights on DHT, Adiol-G and urinary metabolite ratios to assess 5AR2 enzyme activity.

musclechatroom.com/forum/showthr … #post57536

Hi
Does anyone know where I could make analysis of 3a-Androstanediol Glucuronide (3-Alpha Diol G) in EUROPE ?(I am Italian)

Thanks

Are these two completely different tests and hormones? Are they just they 2 different isoforms of 3a-Diol G ???

labcorp.com/wps/portal/provider/testmenu

[Size=4]5α-Androstane-3α, 17β-Diol Glucuronide
[/size]aka 3a-Diol G

3α-diol G has been shown to be a useful measurement in assessing hirsutism and acne in women and androgen target organ activation in hypogonadal men.

Androstanediol (5α-androstande-3α, 17β-diol) and androstanediol glucuronide are metabolites of testosterone and dihydrotestosterone, which may reflect peripheral androgen metabolism

[Size=4]Androstanediol glucuronide
[/size]Androstanediol glucuronide is not secreted by adrenals, ovaries, or testes. It is formed in peripheral tissues, at the sites of androgen action, the hair follicle being one such site.

Now if you look at the Hirsutism Profile Test
labcorp.com/wps/portal/!ut/p/c1/04_SB8K8xLLM9MSSzPy8xBz9CP0os_hACzO_QCM_IwMLXyM3AyNjMycDU2dXQwN3M6B8JG55AwMCuv088nNT9SP1o8zjQ11Ngg09LY0N_N2DjQw8g439TfyM_MzMLAz0Q_QjvYGKIvEqKsiNKDfUDVQEALNUW3k!/dl2/d1/L0lJWmltbUEhL3dQRUJGUUFoTlFBaERhQUVBWEtHL1lJNXlsdyEhLzdfVUU0UzFJOTMwT0dTMjBJUzNPNE4yTjY2ODAvdmlld1Rlc3Q!/?testId=408033

Test Includes: Androstanediol glucuronide (3 α-diol G); androstenedione; dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate (DHEA-sulfate); sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG); testosterone, free and total