How to Reverse Insulin Resistance?

Anyone has any idea why we may some of us may have insulin resistance? I have no idea why… I also have hypothyroidism… I want to treat my hypothyroidism with t3 (cytomel) and do keto for insulin resistance but apparently keto + t3 are not a good combo since low blood sugar causes a bad reaction to t3 medication… I have no idea what to do anymore… I really want to treat both my thyroid and insulin resistance…

1 Like

According to baylor the genes controlling insulin response maybe jacked up. Or that was my understanding

1 Like

makes sense… ugh, most of my hormone genes much be altered, so tired of this

1 Like

Permanently? I want to believe that the body reverts back to its original homeostasis…

Gene over or under expression has made us extremely sensitive so in effect a small increase in insulin via meals, exercise etc causes diabetic like spike in symptoms and this can be across the hormonal spectrum eg sufferers experience hypergonadism over active thyroid etc Nothing shows up in blood tests because the levels aren’t the problem. FInding our own individual balance is key in limiting the symptoms as much as possible. For instance some get worse after exercise while others get better. This is because exercise increases insulin as well as other hormones. If your under expressed it will be beneficial but if your over it worsens your symptoms. For those that iget worse my suggestion would be too try lighter exercise and the same applies across everything. Eat less more often in small amounts of the foods that you can tolerate. Many have tried this via trial and error but I think “my take anyway” that the latest study backs this up. PFS severity seems to be dependent on your levels of over and under expression. When i would do weights I’d notice ide feel tired, become very weak and my gum pain would go through the roof I’ve only now come to the conclusion that this was due to a climb in glucose and believe a lot of my symptoms are because of insulin resistance. Speculation but finding a way to desensitise the system and reduce inflammation would be a way of symptom management. As pointed on a previous post the vaccine brought me a few days of symptom reduction which would correlate with a lowering of the immune system. Just my thoughts!!!

Exercise won’t raise insulin, if anything it will make you more insulin sensitive and thus lower insulin.

I’d guess after reading the Baylor paper that the reason why some people get considerably worse with excersie is due to not having proper clearing of cortisol and/or other stress hormones.

“For genes related to steroid metabolism, specifically aldosterone, corticosterone, and cortisol, we identified several differentially expressed genes. For aldosterone: a gene coding for BMP2, which can inhibit aldosterone biosynthesis, was over-expressed.38 At the same time, BMP6, whose product can positively regulate aldosterone secretion, was under-expressed. Knowing that aldosterone is a substrate of 5AR, a decrease in available levels for reduction to its neuro-steroid (3-alpha,5-alpha-tetrahydroaldesterone) compounded with active inhibition of this process could impair neuro-steroid activity significantly. For corticosterone and cortisol, only one gene, PTPN11, which negatively regulates cortisol secretion, was identified. Mutations in this gene can lead to genetic syndromes, and it has also been implicated in several cancers. In our microarray analysis, PTPN11 was underexpressed, implying a lack of negative regulation and thus increased cortisol secretion. Another gene, TAC1, positively regulates corticosterone secretion. Several genes that play a role in the response to cortisol and corticosterone were upregulated; notable genes include those playing a role in inflammation, such as FOS, IL1RN, PTGS2, SDC1, and TNF, as well as ZFP36 which upregulates tumor necrosis factor secretion. Thus, while aldosterone action seems to be decreased in PFS patients, cortisol and corticosterone, which affect diverse processes but are specifically known to be elevated in stress states, are increased.”

3 Likes

.much more scientifically put, so many are interlinked.

When you initiate exercise, your body releases stress hormones , which can briefly raise your blood sugar. If you have diabetes and your body doesn’t manage blood sugar well, it can increase too much during the first half hour of exercise before it begins to lower. This is what I expect was happening to me. I mostly listen to my body as many of us are effected differently

1 Like

wait, is the baylor study out now? I thought they still hadn’t released it yet.

this is all terrifying to me. so there’s basically no way to fix this? can crispr technology undo the mutations and revert us to our old selves?

1 Like

i think fasting is the best thing you can do for Insulin Resistance.

exercise too, right?

1 Like

Yeah it’s been out for a week or two.

https://forum.propeciahelp.com/t/differential-gene-expression-in-post-finasteride-syndrome-patients-dr-khera-baylor/

hey, may I ask how did you managed to read the full text of the Baylor study? I can only access the abstract, thank you

I uploaded it for you here.

https://we.tl/t-SrHnx9DTx9

1 Like

thanks a lot!