How many active users are presented on here

To your point, I might be suffering from PSF Grief. But my points still hold valid. Dubya_B
anxiety and mental illness can 100% affect a person’s perception of medication, hence a placebo. And yes, Dubya_B, I do have suggestions; for one, please upload a copy to this form on the criteria(for one, not having any previous medical condition can contribute) to PFS for PFS. I think it would be valuable to anyone considering making an account here. So often, many people make accounts here while not even being at three months. Second I think the Lab section needs some modification; for example, some people post hormones tests showing a deficiency in their hormones, while others do not. For those with a hormone deficiency, this would violate the criteria of the requirements of a PFS diagnosis as it shows another possible cause for their issues(i.e., autoimmune diseases), which I have seen here a lot. The other problem with labs is that people suggest many different supplements that can harm victims to help. I would start here to make the form more efficient.

Although I agree users should be discouraged from signing up and posting before the 3 month mark (as I believe is already the case), and also encouraged to rule out other factors like hypogonadism (as many posters already encourage), I’m not sure the site staff should be in the business of trying to diagnose everyone in great detail. Some users, myself included, have taken multiple substances that are reported to cause persistent dysfunctions, such that it’s technically impossible to diagnose us with any specific post-drug syndrome.

Additionally, specifically in the case of users who have issues after taking psychiatric medications (PSSD, PASD) who are also allowed here, having a pre-existing medical condition is inevitable.

I am guessing you are frustrated, as I was, with the number of questionable cases in the User Stories section. I know I spent hours poring over them when I first joined, trying to understand the breadth of this condition.

Wait you took other substance?

Yes I understand the heavy undertaking but again going off of the PSF Foundation criteria that this the standard diagnosis

Who takes finasteride and gets ED, penis shrinkage, brainfog, no brain penis connection, muscle atrophy and this starts or persists longer as three months after quitting has pfs.
Every other substance he has taken in his life, every existing hypogonadism is only a possible predisposition factor. These are the clear and stringent diagnostic criteria. As genital numbness for pssd.

Hormon paneels and the entire andrologic aproach was allready closed-ended by John Santman with the RNA array aproach for specific gene expression in the Baylor study 2012. Even with the overwhelming results of 3800 altered gene expression rates as an archetype of an epigenetic changes disease the hormon theories are still present.

Prehormones, Hormones, Neurosteroids are products of epigenetic regulation and gene expression too. Not an autonomic extra cellular circle, we can fix like inject motoroil and fuel in a car.

And that’s the final problem, which divide pfs sufferer community in a minority of awareness/ research (epigenetics) and a majority of selfmedication / recover (hormon) fraction. (Hims, keeps, Romans, Mysprings, generics resellers) and Merck (Organons) life insurance since 1994.

Good that newcomers show interest in bringing things foreward and get more traffic here again but before we can’t present a perspective of a possible solution with goal oriented aproaches nothing will change.

Hopefully there are many very engaged people who bring things foreward and warn inocent consumers about this now more agressive than ever marketed stuff. To engage there and show up here is the right way to wake up all the desinteressted from the injection syringe bed like sleeping Fakirs.

4 Likes

But not everyone here has all those them. Many just have ED and that’s it

Someone is bound to say it:
if all they have is ED maybe they don’t have PFS, just psychological problems. Putting it out there…

1 Like

This is not the consensus view. The full diagnostic criteria proposed by Healy et. al and cited by the PFS Foundation explicitly say that other conditions and medications need to be ruled out first:

There should be
(7) No evidence of pre-drug sexual dysfunction that matches the current profile.
(8) No current medical conditions that could account for the symptoms.
(9) No current medication or substance misuse that could account for the symptoms.
(10) No other prior medication that could account for the symptoms.

I am sure others will argue that these criteria are too narrowly defined - for instance, they say that only sexual dysfunction is necessary to diagnose PFS whereas some members here report only cognitive issues.

This is why I say that enforcing any particular set of criteria for membership is problematic - site staff don’t have our complete medical histories, and even if they did, there is no agreement on how to evaluate them.

1 Like

Can I ask what’s all your symptoms are?

Read my members story Journal of the Wildman @Kelld56

1 Like

If a woman sets her husband under doses of arsenic and he colapses with gastritis and all the other symptoms it’s not easy to convince the investigators that the spicy indian take away food murdered him. :thinking:
In my case a super healthy mental physical and sexual active 59 best ager was shut down after six weeks like a bullet in my head. But as ever don’t want to initiate an endlos discussion.

Same here, brother. If we’d been typical tired old seniors with no sex life we may never have looked into PFS. Jim

1 Like

That’s it they didn’t inform about the risks, they didn’t inform about the alternatives, just banged sexual active best ager with archaic 80ties chemistry. Remember asbestos was the wonder fibre in this times. Loosely bound in Ceiling insulation of school and kindergarden rooms. Asbestos is now toxic waste, finasteride still on the market.

And the pharma representatives tell the doctors and the doctors tell the patients, you’re old and frustrated don’t blame finasteride. There are thousands of inocent grandfathers who suffer like hell and they told them it’s normal. Good that we are here to tell them all that the poison leads to the post finasteride syndrome in elderly men too.

4 Likes

If you still want an update on my symptoms let me know here. I guess it’s time I should update my member story anyways. Jim

1 Like

We didn’t hear about your current state. Like Lazarus Ray you are not more so present here. The story of a wildman has to be written. Otherwise our friends from New Jersey deny the existence of prostate hyperplasia finasteride pfs cases here.

2 Likes