How do you react to sun exposure?

I’ve moved your topic to this existing one by the way @Demon, forgot to mention . Yes, I react badly. It used to be nice and I would very rarely burn if ever. As a result of PFS my skin, which is very different, quickly burns and does not tan the same. I feel rapidly worse in direct sun. As an aside I’ve also reacted badly to vitamin D supplementation. Some members have reported positives from sun quite often - it’s often suggested by people giving their ideas. At least one person moved to a sunnier area if I recall from my initial read of the forum. I have also noted many bad reactions reported from other cases, particularly those more seriously affected.

@Tzinkman notes above he has had success with high factor sun cream which would make sense. Perhaps this could help if avoidance is difficult.

1 Like

Maybe we are just vampires :slight_smile:

2 Likes

[quote=“axolotl, post:21, topic:35836, full:true”]
As a result of PFS my skin, which is very different, quickly burns and does not tan the same.[/quote]

I’ve noticed this as well. I used to get a tan really quick and would almost never get a sun burn even when spending many hours directly in the sun with no or little sun protection. Nowadays, I still get a tan but much less than before and I am far more susceptible to sun burns.

1 Like

what if you have sex instead of masturbating?

Hello everybody.
I noticed the same. At the beginning i thought it was due to fasting twice a week but no, i guess it was the sun. How did i feel? Very, very tired.

I cannot have sex

I’m currently in a hot climate visiting my sister, I’ve been in the sun every day for two weeks I felt the benefits, into week three I’m in a terrible state, everything has ramped up and new symptoms, headaches, nausea, eye pain and lung and joint problems have appeared. Previously the sun has boosted things for me! It may be a coincidence but this is the worst I’ve been in months! First endo bloods showed low d I’m probably overloaded with it now!

1 Like

Sorry to hear that @LazarusRy. I know a few people have reported feeling better when travelling, but I’m not aware of there following a worsening.

You haven’t eaten anything strange or done anything out of the ordinary a couple of weeks in? It might be worth trying to think back.

I hope that you bounce back very soon. Glad that you were getting some benefit from the sun though, at least you had some upswing, which should be encouraging, even if it’s temporary.

2 Likes

Thanks as always Greek, there’s a few viruses doing the rounds so who knows! As the PFS diet doesn’t compare to my old intake which was more than text book lots of fruit veg lean protein. My immune system may now be weaker!! But when I did a search on here there were lots of results for my new symptoms which deflated the hell out of me “doesn’t take much” I have relaxed my diet a little but generally avoided the big hitters. Had cucumber, red onion pea and ham soup yest and took a low dose of Acetylcysteine to help with my chest! This may have effected my insomnia! Just hoping it subsides

1 Like

Me too mate. Those foods don’t sound like they should be causing a problem afaik.

I’m not familiar with Acetylcysteine, does anyone reading have any experience of it?

1 Like

Food is a damn issue I find hard to come by…
I find it difficult to find an agreed consensus on what is good and what is not…
Ex: avocado : some say ok, some say avoid it…
Sugar seems to be a global consensus but working through pfs non friendly vegs is a damn thing!

1 Like

Sun exposure makes me feel better, but Vitamin-D supplements make me feel worse.

1 Like

Sun exposure makes me feel worse, but Vitamin-D supplements make me feel worse
I will check it after i recover back to the baseline the other day, and i will report it here

Spent two weeks in Spain last summer in Lanzarote and felt great.
30°C every day, sun beaming, swim every morning in the pool, outdoors at the beach, eating outdoors, walks etc

Think it’s great too for your mind and mental well being.

Increased libido, penal shrinkage much improved, joint pain felt better.

Also I drank three of the nights and felt pretty okay the next day.

Now seriously considering making a change to try live in southern Europe if I don’t get much better in next twelve months