headache, shakiness, anxiety, racing heart, brainfog, insomnia

If by “dizzy”, you mean that within 1h from the application you have spacey feelings, then it means that you were taking too much. If that’s the case, reduce the dose. Or, do you mean “brain fog”? And if so, when do you have brain fog? Too high pregnenolone can cause ACTH suppression within 2h (due to conversion to cortisol) and can cause lower pregnenolone than that you had to start with. But, if this is the case, your brain fog should improve at some point between the application and the ACTH suppression.

Interesting, I had a similar experience. It was working really well for every single side effects and then, after a week, I ran out of it and I didn’t tale it for 1 full day. Although I re-introduced it, all my side effects were back (except brain fog): insomnia, high heart rate, low libido, fatigue. The reason was that the increase of cortisol caused by pregnenolone made me run out of thyroid hormones and, therefore, left me with high cortisol but low thyroid hormones. But I don’t want to digress from the main point I want to make in this thread, which is that pregnenolone should help with brain fog.

I don’t mean to rain on your parade but this is pure speculation. Unless you have the ability to monitor your hormones in real time, there is simply no way to know what is going on inside your body.

Mew, I know this is shocking, but I do have the ability to monitor hormones with something called blood test and saliva test. And, although it is very surprising, if you take a test before and after a treatment, you may draw conclusions about what changed.

Before pregnenolone supplementation:
FT3 3.77 (2.00-4.00 ng/L) – in the high part of the range
FT4 13.7 (8-17 ng/L)

After pregnenolone supplementation:
Free cortisol saliva test: 24 (13-24), 9 (5-10), 10 (3-8), 6 (1-4) – high cortisol all the time
TT3: 116 (80-200) – low
TT4: 7.21 (5.10-14.10) – low
FT3: 3.4 (2.4-4.2) – pretty low (i.e. not close to the top of the range anymore)
FT4: 1.10 (0.75-1.54)

For your future reference: if I’m not sure about something, I tend to phrase my sentences as “I think that…”, “this is most likely what happened”, etc… When my sentences sound like a parade, especially if they are about my own situation, it’s usually because I am sure of what I write.