Has anybody else TOTALLY stopped sleeping?

How long has it been like that TL? I feel the same a lot of the time, but my sleep is better than it was and I know a lot of people say their sleep improves with time.

1 Like

I donā€™t think so, but these asthma drugs can cause insomnia too so my idea is pretty much the same as taking finasteride again to fix finasteride side effects lol. Prob not worth it.

1 Like

Been a couple years now. My ability to sleep long hours has improved but Iā€™m still always tired. The quality of sleep is just horrible.

I tried that already lol. I did that in my first year after crashing. You get immediate temporary benefits. Itā€™s not a cure at all though.

Still reckon thereā€™s something Hypothalamus related here where the sleep is crappy as the fight or flight mode is stuck on some kind of feedback loop ā€¦hence the unrefreshing sleep .
Of course Iā€™m no expert just theory ! But when you look at the symptoms of a malfunctioning Hypothalamus it definitely seems similar. Sure finasteride fucks with it somehow

1 Like

I can say me sleep quality recovered fully during my brief temporary recoveries. (Ghb, thyroid, dhea, pregnenolone were the substances used)

1 Like

There was a period where I didnā€™t sleep for days, gladly I would always sleep at least 7-8 hours after 3-4 sleepless nights.

And even though I felt like I was awake all night, in the morning I wasnā€™t that tired. Which was weird.

The last few weeks Iā€™ve been able to sleep much better though, 6h+ per night.

1 Like

Pfs makes no sense. Iā€™m the exact opposite since I feel tired all the time no matter how long I sleep.
Glad to hear youā€™re doing better though man.

@Cbrandel

1 Like

Mirtazapine ended up being a help for me ā€¦not so much from its initial sedating effect , more so after 2-3 weeks of use it just seemed to reset sleep and circadian rhythms.
When the insomnia was bad I too like @Cbrandel didnā€™t feel tired after a night of zero hours, Mirtazapine made me start feeling tired at the right time of night etc also helped lower the tinnitus electric pulse sound and helped with Anhedonia . I understand itā€™s probably not for everyone but for me earlier this year sleep was just so bad i needed to try something , as not taking anything was just month after month of suffering :man_shrugging:

1 Like