Friends, relationships and pfs

has anyone here lost friends or important relationships because of this shit?
i lost my dreams, i lost a relationship and i even lost many friends because of this.
when you feel so bad and you don’t know what the hell is happening with you and all you do is asking for help, and complain about everything, friends can decide to run away. in my case, mostly did.

recently, i even lost a friend because he wants to take fin (i think he’s taking it now) and when i told him that all my symptoms were due to fin (depression, suicidal ideation) he told me that i’m just crazy or that this cannot happen to him because he’s a positive guy… Since he treated me as a crazy guy who blames a drug for his miseries, i stopped seeing him. i think he WANTS to think this because he wants to take propecia.

And this is just an example.

1 Like

You gotta stop him man. Be assertive. As for the other people, you know its not our friends’ fault, we are stuck in a problem that encompasses every aspect of our lives with no solution.
Our friends didn’t run away, they just don’t know what to do.

1 Like

They dont know what to do? It’s easy: really trying to understand, listening and believing…

Lost a lot of friends as well.

I think everybody in this forum has lost a few relationships. At least that is my case, I lost many romantic relations because of the side effects of accutane, and haven’t been able to persue a career because of that.

Also I dont know if I’ve lost many friends, but I’m sure I haven’t been able to gain new ones since the anxiety makes every chat so awkward and uncomfortable.

1 Like

@PAS, no, i won’t. i’ve tried, i did my best. i warned everyone i know who take propecia and all i got were kicks in my butt. honestly, i hope they all get pfs pretty soon. and i’m not ashamed of what i’m saying.

btw, yesterday i met an old friend and he told me that i lost him because i always talked about myself, i did not care about the others. this is true, i felt so bad that i did not care about the others.

2 Likes

This shit takes your soul and your emotions, it literally disables you in some way to care about others. Real friends should realise that and show empathy for this situation!

A former friend of mine takes fin as well. He didn’t really believe what i told him about my pfs experience. I wish him full blown pfs big time!

1 Like

I think we should tone down the wishing PFS on other people stuff.

Whilst it is disappointing to not have people be more sympathetic, it’s a lot to ask of some people to understand and for some people it just might be too hard. That doesn’t make them bad people that deserve suffering.

2 Likes

i suppose you’re right, as you mostly are.
this said, maybe you have no idea of how it feels when friends say that you are just a human failure, or treat like you’re insane. all you do in that moment is imaging the day in which you say “see? i told ya!”

1 Like

In close relationships like close friendships (over decades) you can get massively disappointet and personally hurt, espacially if they treat you like being a “little bit overreacting” when your whole life gets basically destroyed. Fortunately my wishes wont have any real impact about if these people have to suffer from pfs or not, so i won’t hide my little dark side in this regard here in this forum.

1 Like

With all of the deliberating side effects left with us from taking finasteride we lose friends relationships and ourselves in the way of our personalities I’m sure some if not all you guys can relate to losing self confidence due to sexual dysfunction , stupid memory issues where you forget what someone has said to you two mins after its been said making you look ignorant or just plain dumb especially if you are coupled with the slurred speech the depression and anxiety followed closely by anger inside that we unknowingly did this to ourselves, let’s add pressure from work and life in general then add the pressures of family life then add relationship expectations in the bedroom when your sexually floored it can be a struggle keeping the balance eventually you give in and go to the doctors to tell them what’s happened and they have no bloody answers.
No wonder its hard to keep friends close they moan and groan about trivial things you take on their burdens to support them adding to your own but all you want to do is tell people about what’s happening to you but feel that you maybe mocked for it down the line
So you are left in silence…
The days go by turning into weeks then the months turn into years we wait for things to get better or some kind of explanation from the medical world but it just doesn’t happen.
We learn to deal with our situation the best we can and above all we love those close family and friends more than they will ever understand.
Don’t feel sad about the ones you have lost just keep loving the ones closest to your hearts as they are the ones that make it all worthwhile.

5 Likes

Well said Bazza. Friends and family are everything in this condition avoid isolation and try to live as healthily as possible.

1 Like