Focusing on drug similarities

My drive has never left. I got depressed for a little bit, but that was quickly replaced with anger and adrenaline to find a solution. For the first several months, I had a terrible emotional disconnect. I felt like a bad actor. I knew the emotions to “fake”, but had nothing behind them. I knew to hug someone, but didn’t get that warmth or buzz. I knew to get upset and yell, but didn’t really feel angry. That’s slowly come back albeit not completely just yet, but I must say the scariest ones…were humor/wit and the enjoyment of things. If nothing else, that’s what preserves our sanity. Initially, I’d watch my favorite movie/show, listen to my favorite album and/or play my favorite game…I felt nothing. Well, not nothing, just dread and fear. Like when you knew you were about get caught doing something bad as a kid lol - hope that makes sense. Slowly but surely, that’s all come back. I’m cracking jokes again, delivering what I feel are witty remarks lol and best of all, just yesterday, I heard one of my favorite songs and got goosebumps. That’s the first time that’s happened (since things started). I’m still deteriorating physically, so it’s not all positive, but some how some way, I’ll turn that back on soon. Last but not least, as sex drive has come back, my desire to love and be loved (even in non-sexual ways) seems to have returned as well. Hope this helps.

3 Likes

Another convalescent will be born!:blush: :blush:

1 Like

sorry to hear about the deterioration. but it does seem like the positives are outweighing the negatives for you. i hope you can make a completely recovery in the near future. sometimes i think my obsession with fixing myself is causing me to not make any progress. i just don’t know at the same time. it’s so crazy to think that we’re in the year 2021 and people are still getting destroyed by these drugs. i actually talked to my doctor today that prescribed me accutane, and told me not to look up anything online about it. i told her that it ruined my life. she basically just discredited everything i said and didn’t believe me one bit. and just kept asking me to rate my depression. it’s so disheartening that i put my trust in a complete stranger. i wish that i was taught as a kid to not take pharmaceutical drugs rather than them telling me not to smoke weed

4 Likes

Thanks buddy, you too :slight_smile:

Hi!

The PFS Network team and the scientists we are in contact with are seeing the similarities. We have been saying for years that PFS, Post-SSRI, Post-Accutane etc. are likely the same problem. The stories from Post-Fin/SSRI/Accutane patients are largely interchangeable. We have collected hundreds of questionnaires from all group, which give remarkably similar data. And, obviously, there is a shared property between all three substances (as well as others, e.g. Saw Palmetto): anti-androgenic action.

@Axolotl has discussed the similarities in his literature review: https://www.propeciahelp.com/pfs-manifestation-of-a-post-androgen-deprivation-syndrome-following-exposure-to-substances-with-antiandrogenic-effects/

4 Likes

i appreciate this reply. as someone who has been in the gaming world and video editing, i want to get involved in this forum. i was wondering if i could do something to create videos for your youtube channel with accutane people, like mitch is doing with pfs people. i think that we should maximize the video distribution to create some traction, i think there is a ton of accutane people that would be extremely attracted to this

4 Likes

Thank you, my friend. I very much appreciate the support. I could not agree more with your sentiments. Every single one. 2021 and no cure or even the drug off the market, it’s insanity. Reading your story about your doctor breaks my heart. I went thru the same EXACT thing. Please tell her to go pound sand and find someone else. I love how they try to pin everything on depression and psychosomatic illness. I had my doctor tell me that maybe my penis was always that way. Doctors are not infallible and most, like with any profession, are not that particularly intelligent, remarkable or talented. Most can just quote journals, I prefer to speak to someone who writes them. I told my former dermatologist, who kept trying to ram their degree down my throat, that the Clinique counter called, they’ve accepted your application. Agreed, weed never killed anyone. I’m of the personal belief that street drugs should be legal. It’s our choice and our bodies. Pharma is where the evil is. You are actively lied to by sales reps, I mean doctors, and then gaslighted if anything goes wrong. Ugh!

4 Likes

i’m sorry to hear you went through similarities. it’s just disrespectful the way we are treated. at the end of the day i wish they could at least own up to their mistakes and at least give me some sympathy. i always thought of doctors like they were the best thing ever. now i can’t stand them. i hate the fact that i listened to her and didn’t do my own research

1 Like

Right with you, brother. Normally, I’m always doubtful, almost paranoid, especially with doctors. I am kicking myself for not doing the research. Here’s what really sucks for me, I stupidly did not look up the Tretinoin Cream (which started all this), but that only caused the hair loss. I then did research Finasteride and thankfully avoided it, I ALSO researched Saw Palmetto, but honestly could not find anything bad until after those three pills…I found this website. I totally agree about these doctors not owning up to mistakes, worse yet, you and I know, they are still prescribing this crap and getting kickbacks.

IMHO, we need to start suing the individual doctors (or “health” stores/websites). That will scare the living shit out of them. If a drug gets pulled, they don’t lose their license and get away with it. Not if you sue directly…which I’m already prepping for…

1 Like

i wish suing were a possibility. i believe doctors are protected by some sort of law, if that wasn’t the case i dont think that doctors would exist tbh, they would all be out of a job for prescribing people these things without actually knowing how they work

1 Like

It’s difficult, but not impossible. My lawyer, who already works for me in another capacity, is (along with some colleagues) on it :+1: There is an entire field of medical malpractice. Third leading cause of death in the US.

1 Like

haha hope that works out. i honestly don’t care to sue my doctor at this point. maybe once i recover i’ll find where she lives and terrorize her by ringing the door bell all night

1 Like

LOL…that’s not a bad idea either

1 Like

Wouldn’t it be sensible to look at AR expression in penile skin tissue of PAS and PSSD cases to see if it is also overexpressed. This has been checked twice for PFS confirming AR expression is twice that of controls. Has is not been checked in PAS and PSSD to determine AR function since the disease states are so similar?

2 Likes

that is a great point man. it’s so hard to believe how many people are given these drugs, yet doctors completely dismiss the reactions people get, making it impossible to get research and fixes

2 Likes

also i wonder why most people with this condition don’t respond to drugs. surely this has a direct correlation to what’s exactly going on. same with not being able to build muscle, something is not working correctly and it’s causing a great amount of issues

1 Like

AR expression is not twice. Baylor has it at just under 1.4 fold, I can’t quote the other study out of my head but it wasn’t double.

What they did say in the other study however was that the AR to serum T ratio was double in PFS patients IIRC.

But it would indeed be a good idea to check AR in PAS, PSSD and asymptomatic fin users.

3 Likes

I have always wondered why they dont use asymptomatic fin users as controls. I think it would be a better comparison IMO.

3 Likes

Agree. Only reason I can see for them to not do it, are because it might be hard to locate enough people.

I doubt the have asymptomatic fin users lined up to donate foreskin, lol.

3 Likes

I would say the common denominator is endocrine disruption. Which either happened due to influences on the hormone balance, or influence on neurosteroids impacting hormone balances.

This has caused various degrees of changes in gene expression in people.

2 Likes