Finasteride-induced hearing impairment?

Also, did you have anything significant show up in your stool sample? Have you got a comprehensive gut analysis done?

Definitely, for example, eye movement, even the most gentle one, generally zooms out my brain, meaning that I feel like there is a mental short-circuit somehow.

During the last week or so, this has improved.

I don’t know for sure of course, but I think maybe Dopamine could be involved in this issue.
The reason is that my mood has also been much better for the last 7 days, and dopamine is definitely a mood regulator.

And yes, I did a comprehensive gut analysis and it showed that I have a gut parasite called Blastocystis Hominis and that my gut lining was weakened.

That´s why I have been taking L-Glutamine (strengthens gut lining), and S.Boulaardi, a yeast that sometimes eradicates gut parasites.

As always when it comes to PFS, I am only carefully optimistic,because we all know what an

extreme roller-coaster ride this condition is.

Did you have any comprehensive bloodwork done? What were the results?

Not sure, what kind of comprehensive bloodwork are you referring to?

Checking what?

Your levels of testosterone, Estrogen, DHT, LH, FSH, Vitamin D, Cortisol, etc. I just got my 6 month post-crash bloodwork back and my estrogen & cortisol are very high. Under FAQ, there are recommendations on types of bloodwork to get; it’s at least a start.

1 Like

Ah, I see. I haven’t had any bloodwork done for those things you mention. I think I will at some point in the near future.

If you believe you are improving, that is more important than anything. Keep in touch man.

2 Likes

Thanks for your encouragement, I will.

Lets hope spring brings us all hope and joy. :slight_smile:

Hi guys.

Just an update here.

I’ve been having more good days this last month, but one thing that keeps coming back is this sound hypersensitivity, especially in public places where there is a lot going on sound-wise.

The doctors, of course, think it’s anxiety, depression etc.

So they want to prescribe me antidepressants. So far, I’ve been telling them to take a hike, especially since I really don’t feel depressed.

The thing is, the only reason I could think of why antidepressants could help my hearing and sound sensitivity issues is the regulation of neurotransmitters.

So my question is, do you think antidepressants could really mess me up further in this PFS-state or could they actually have a positive impact on some of my cognitive issues?

Really appreciate your two cents regarding this question.

Most antidepressants (and especially the standard ones) are not safe for people with our predisposition as they likely cause „PFS“ as well. Stay away from them!

2 Likes

I’ve heard of a few people who have fixed cognitive issues with SSRIs, but I think it’s risky. However, I do agree it’s neurotransmitter related for those of us who have neurological issues, and so messing with brain chemistry although risky is probably one of the few ways we could get out of this mess. That said I’m too scared to try. When I hit the two year mark I will consider it.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for your answers. I suspected it could lead to something worse.

I’ll keep telling the doctors to take a hike.

2 Likes

Hi guys. Just an update here.

The last month or so has been a roller-coaster ride:

my hearing issues are better, but I’ve had extreme mental and physical fatigue issues. It follows a very structured pattern; I wake up kind of tense, then it take 30 mins and I start feeling mentally and physically sharper, breakfast isn’t usually a problem, but I things go downhill after lunch with extreme fatigue, then i recover in the evening, only to feel extreme fatigue again before midnight.

Wonder if this is Cortisol-related? Anyone else going through this routine daily fatigue roller-coaster cycle?

During the last month or so I’ve experienced a strange trend:

My bad days are really bad in terms of fatigue and last for 5-7 days, but the good days are more recurring and last for 3-5 days.

Have you experienced any of this cyclically/in a recurring manner?

That you have really bad days, maybe even worse than your regular baseline, for around a week and then you feel a noticeable improvement for some days in a row, better than baseline?

Would be interesting to know.

My symptoms cycle. I have a few good days then it all gets worse and gradually improves again. I generally find I get a worse night of sleep to let me know I’m in for a worse time and so it continues.