Finasteride documentary Project X

Who here would be up for funding a documentary on finasteride?
The documentary would include people who only took a single pill
Those that have been suffering for decades
Families that lost love one’s who can describe what damage it has done to them and what their loved one were like before they took it
Whistleblowers from Merck and Co who worked on the drug (I would need help with this)
Doctors who are treating and who are well versed with PFS and willing to speak out against it’s use.
Everyone would need to chip in and help with getting interveiws and information

The documentary would cost an estimated $5000
It would be as professional as any documentary you see on Netflix. I have 2 years experience in multimedia and 3 years in computing plus I have graduate friends in that area that I’m sure are more than willing to help.

I personally believe we need to do this otherwise nobody will ever hear our story or believe that this is really happening.

I’m willing to pay for the equipment needed to do this which is a hefty sum
I’m willing to spends the hours and days required to make this is grade A quality film
Every penny will be accounted for and your money will go to good use that I promise
I will leave no stone unturned when doing this it’s an incredibly dangerous venture to pursue which I’m sure all of you understand that I’ll be exposing a scandal from a multi dollar drug company.

My aim: Sell it to a publisher and yes I’d be going for Netflix (I’m aiming high)
Proceeds go to this foundation

How it could help us?
Exposure from all around the world
Thousands joining this site who never knew finasteride was causing them damage- more money for projects
News outlets reporting on it
A pool of scientists wanting to do research that won’t cost a dime
A cure

5 Likes

Why only people who took one pill? Bad idea, that’s even harder to believe than those that took it as prescribed…All the facts should be presented from the different victims stories…

Great idea. It times well with upcoming Baylor punlication. I would throw in some $.

I know there are a few hardhitters and quasi-celebs that are PFSers. Hopefully they would pony up some $.

1 Like

Hey @Blueryan123 , I’ve privately expressed a desire to get something like this made to a few people here so it’s good to see others are thinking along the same lines. I believe that the interest would be there if it was made in the correct way. However, I think this

grossly underestimates the amount that would be needed to produce something to the level of quality I think this problem demands and deserves. I just googled “average cost of a documentary film” and from scanning, it’s purported to cost around $1000 per minute of footage for a professional looking production.

Anyway, the wheel is already spinning regarding ramping up media awareness. Are you aware of this project?

It would be fantastic if you felt you’d like to contribute, I believe I’ve seen you post a desire to publicly report what has happened to you.

Can I just note that it would make more sense to run any media projects like this through the mod/admin team. We really do talk through a lot of different things and we’re more likely to get good results we can get everyone to work as a team and have all our projects interlinked. The bigger our organisation, the better. Divided we fall and so on.

If you want to help, do send a message and say “I would like to help, these are the skills I have.” Or “I would like to contribute my story” or “what can I do to help?”

If you’re not sure about wanting to get involved because you think that other people are working towards these projects and it won’t make a difference, unfortunately you are incorrect.

If ten percent of people who post ideas or criticisms or suggestions instead came forward and asked how they could help, I would make an incredible difference. The reality is that despite having openly asked for help here on more than one occasion I think the number of people who came forward is… Let me check… …you guessed it, zero.

So please, if you have skills, do not be shy, tell us.

First job, if you haven’t already: Fill out the survey.

Also: If you are a programmer, we need you.

We could easily get $5000 if there’s 5000 users on here we could literally donate a dollar each some obviously even more. Seems like a reasonable amount.

Please read on:

I told you that I would buy the equipment and $1000 a minute is a gross overestimate as I wouldn’t be paying the people I’m interviewing nor would there be any salaries paid. Running things past others isn’t my forte it only prolongs things that’s just my interpretation of what’s been happening here, I see a lot of talk and ideas but being nothing being done about it.

I can do this and I’ll have every penny accounted for and list the expenses on here if money runs out then we can always do another seed fund.

I will post regular updates, previews (clips) and want regular feedback from you guys.

I will make a quality documentary to blow the lid off this thing, I’ve nothing else to live for the least I can do is pour every ounce of enery into this.

Simple, who’s in?

It shows the level of danger to even attempt trying it as the risks for people would be too much evidentally it’ll slow sales way down that’s what we want.

The more people that could donate the merrier

What about using GoFundMe? Would that help?

1 Like

Yes, I’m going to upload the details this week users can donate at their disposal.

I really want to get this up and running

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, is this only for finasteride victims, or is it for isotretinoin as well?

i’d donate

Hi there @Blueryan123,

I see this topic had been closed and I’ve just caught up on your (some deleted) posts. Your posts are repeatedly asserting others are doing nothing, which is insulting and irritating given the amount you are completely unaware of that others are working on daily.

You’ve been here a few weeks and I can see in the moderator logs several of the team have had significant amounts of their time wasted in public and private back-and-forths owing to you insisting youve solved pfs from your xbox, inciting murder and behaving poorly. They’re a lot more tolerant of this than I am at this point but I am not willing to have their time and energy drained, they have a lot to be doing. Use of this site is not an entitlement, it’s a privilege we conditionally offer. I would like you to think about using your headstrong energy productively rather than bouncing around butting heads, as you are giving my moderators a difficult time and I won’t ask you to read the rules and abide by them again. Soliciting funds is not permitted for any reason.

A motivated father who lost his son is a TV documentary maker by profession gave us an estimate of the cost and it was orders of magnitude more than your “estimate” - which I fail to see as qualifying as an estimate considering it’s just a number you’ve put there. I’ve worked in media production and there is no possibility of a quality production even on a shoestring with this level of funding, as @tzinkman says. What you have written is not a plan. There is no breakdown of cost, there is no structure, no plan, no specification whatsoever. There is no rationale for the “video > ??? > profit” chain you have laid out. As @Greek says, we get a lot of “big ideas”. Less common is any effort. Let me be clear, even if this was a detailed and feasible plan here, users cannot use this forum to solicit funds for any reason. I would hope it would be quite obvious as to why.

I read your (now deleted) screed about the moderators, who do a great but thankless and exhausting job and enforcing the rules the administrators ask them to, and the rules are not on a whim. In that text you suggested the admins should be fundraising for this. Everyone has an idea about what we should be doing, but we have to do the hard work, which is bit by bit and entails networking, groundwork, roadmaps, organisation, and priorities. Nevertheless, a documentary style effort has been discussed for some time and we do ultimately have plans to do this. This is after the zero cost video project that you could contribute to right now instead of trying to steamroller people trying to engage with you. @Jaime is taking a lead with new social media, and is running a project with multiple users telling their stories for YouTube that we can get out rapidly and will lay groundwork for such a project. Why not help him with that, and thus everyone? Why not give specific detail of what your skills are, and try and contribute effort to many existing plans in motion? It’s quite apparent that “running things past others isn’t [your] forte”, as you say, but if you intend on making any positive contribution at all then get a grip and make it your forte rapidly. Rolling in to town like Clint Eastwood expecting to be permitted to collect thousands of dollars from a community with extremely limited means is obviously not going to happen.

We will be implementing gofundme-style pages on the site to accommodate several funding opportunities, one of which will likely be such an idea. However, it will be spelt out in detail first, collectively organised and planned extensively. Funds will be raised via ring-fenced donations administrated by the PFSF when we are ready to launch them. In the meantime, consider the many projects you can contribute to here that will cost nothing at all. And please for goodness sake calm down, look after yourself and read the forum rules.

best

2 Likes